HR Interview Questions Answers 2016.
1. Why did you decide to enter the field of library and information science? OR What
motivated you to seek a library degree?
2. What kind of position are you looking for when you graduate?
3. Why did you decide to apply for this position?
4. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
5. List three of your most important/proudest accomplishments.
6. What kind of work environment do you prefer?
7. What motivates you? ALSO Have you used these motivators with others?
8. How are you qualified for this job? OR What qualifications do you have that make
you think you will be a success at this job?
9. What supervisory experience have you had?
10. How would you characterize your supervisory style?
11. What would you do about implementing the provisions of the American with
Disabilities Act (or some other new policy) in our library, and how would you
prioritize this among your other duties?
12. The person in this position needs to be innovative and proactive. Can you describe
some things you have done to demonstrate these qualities?
13. How would you rate your communication skills and what have you done to improve
14. What do you feel is the place of bibliographic instruction in the library? Have you
ever taught in a classroom setting? Would you be comfortable teaching BI courses?
15. What else besides your school and job experience qualifies you for this job?
16. What is your experience with collection development?
17. What experience do you have dealing with academic scholars?