SQL interview question with answer 2016.
1. Which is the subset of SQL commands used to manipulate Oracle Database structures,including tables?
Data Definition Language (DDL)
2. What operator performs pattern matching?
3. What operator tests column for the absence of data?
IS NULL operator
4. What operator tests column for the absence of data?
START <filename> or (i<ti1ename>
5. What iS the parameter substitution symbol used with INSERT INTO command?
7. What are the wildcards used for patterns matching?
— for single character substitution and % for multi-character substitution
10. What are the privileges that can be granted on a table hi’ a user to others?
Insert, update, delete, select, references, index, execute, alter, all
11. What command is used to get back the privileges offered by the GRA NT command?
13 system table contains in,thrmatio,i on constraints on all the tables created?
14. TRUNCATE TABLE EMP;
DELETE FROM EMP;
will the outpot of the above two commands differ?
Both will result in deleting all the rows in the table EMP.
15. What is (lie diffi?rence between TRUVA TE and DELETE Commands?
TRUNCATE is a DDL command whereas DELETE is a DML command. Hence
DELEFE operation can be wiled hack, but TRUNCATE operation cannot be rolled hack.
WHERE clause can be used with DELETE and not with TRUNCATE