Doordarshan and AIR Question Papers with answers 2016.
101. Which one of the following physical quantities, is not defined in the terms of force per unit
(d) Young’s modulus
102. The distance moved by a moving body is equal to:
(a) area between the distance-time graph and distance axis
(b) area between the speed-time graph and time axis
(c) area between the distance-time graph and time axis
(d) area between the speed-time graph and distance axis.
103. A beaker containing water weighs 100 gm. It is placed on the pan of a balance and a piece
of metal weighing 70 gm. and having a volume of 10cc. is placed inside the water in the beaker.
The weight of the beaker and the metal would be :
104. For the same kinetic energy, the momentum shall be maximum for:
(d) alpha particle
105. The common balance works on the principle of equality of:
(b) moments of forces
(d) masses of pans
106. A particle moves in a circle of radius R with a constant speed under a centripetal force F.
The work done in completing a full circle is:
107. When two quantities are plotted on the graph paper against each other and the result so
obtained is a st. line, then
(a) Both the quantities are equal
(b) The quantities are inversely proportional to each other
(c) Sum of both is zero
(d) The quantities are proportional to each other
108. What is the order of magnitude of 260°?
109. The maximum value of g is:
(a) At the poles
(b) At the top of the Mount Everest
(c) At the equator
(d) Below the sea level
110. A fixed volume of gas at 27°C exerts a pressure of 750 mm. If the gas is heated to a
pressure of 1500mm., temperature must be:
111. A body of mass 2 kg acted upon by a constant force, travels a distance of 3 metres in the
first second and a further distance of meter in the next second. The force acting on the body is?
(a) 12 Newtons
(b) 8 Newtons
(c) 4 Newtons
(d) 1 Newton
112. Two forces each equal to P acting at a point have no resultant. The angle between the two
forces must be equal to:
113. A jet engine works on the principle of:
(a) conservation of energy
(b) conservation of momentum
(c) conservation of mass
(d) conservation of temperature
114. A sharp knife cuts much better than a blunt one because?
(a) Area of sharp knife is much less than the area of the blunt one
(b) sharp knife is brighter
(c) sharp knife is colder
(d) sharp knife is costly
115. A man carries a heavy box on his head on a horizontal plane from one place to another.
In this he does?
(a) maximum work
(b) no work
(c) negative work
(d) minimum work
116. The bob of a second’s pendulum is replaced by another bob of double mass. The new time
period will be:
(a) 4 sec.
(c) 2 sec.
(b) 1 sec
(d) 3 sec.
117.A device for measuring temperatures at a distance is
(a) gas thermometer
(b) mercury thermometer
(d) maximum-minimum thermometer
118. A piece of ice is floating in a concentrated solution of common salt (in water) in a pot.
When ice melts completely, the level of solution will:
(a) go up
(b) remain the same
(c) go down
(d) first go up then go down
119. A radioactive source has a half-life of 30 days. During a period of 90 days the fraction of
atoms that have decayed would be
120. A black body emits:
(a) radiations of all wavelengths
(b) no radiations
(c) radiations of only one wavelength
(d) radiations of selected wavelengths
121. A near sighted person cannot see distinctly beyond 50 cm. from his eye. The power in
diopter of spectacle lenses which will enable him to see distant objects clearly is
122. Size of a nucleus is of the order of?
123. The freezing point on a thermometer is marked as 20° and the boiling point as 150°C. A
temperature of 60°C on this thermometer will be read as:
124. In isothermal expansion of an ideal gas:
(a) heat content remains constant
(b) temperature remains constant
(c) both heat content and temperature remain constant
(d) pressure and temperature of the gas remain constant
125. A man standing between two cliffs hears the first echo of a sound after 2 sec. and the
second echo 3 sec. after the initial sound. If the speed of sound be 330 m/sec. the distance
between the two cliffs should be
(d) 660 m.
- Question Papers Engineering Assistants in Doordarshan and AIR
- Question Papers Engineering Assistants AIR and DD I
- Question Papers Engineering Assistants AIR and DD II
- Question Papers Engineering Assistants AIR and DD III
- Question Papers Engineering Assistants AIR and DD IV
- Question Papers Engineering Assistants AIR and DD V
- Question Papers Engineering Assistants AIR and DD VI
- Question Papers Engineering Assistants AIR and DD VII
- All India Radio AIR and DD Syllabus Question Pattern