TISS Health Administration Question Papers with answers 2016.
Free download pdf TISS Tata Institute of Social Sciences TISS Health Administration Question Papers with answers 2016 pdf Previous Question Papers of TISS Health Administration Solved 2016 – 2017
I. Answer all the following questions
II. All questions carry equal marks
III. No overwriting is permitted
1. Find the missing number
2. Find the odd man out in the following set of words:
Cut , Put, Nut, But
3. Find the next number of the following series 3, 11, 19, 27, ?
4. In an election, the candidate R received one and a half times as many votes as the
candidate D. The candidate D received one third more votes than the candidate I.
900 votes were cast for the candidate I. How many votes were cast for the candidate
5. It costs a manufacturer rupees X per component to make the first 1,000 components.
All subsequent components cost X÷3 each. When X = Rs 1.50 How much will it
cost to manufacture 4,000 components?
a) Rs 3500
b) Rs 3000
c) Rs 4000
d) Rs 4500
6. A quiz consists of true and false questions. The ratio of the number of true questions
to the number of false questions is 4:3. About what percent of the questions are
7. If a sum of money is to be divided between A, B, C such that A’s share is equal to
twice B’s share and B’s share is four time C’s share, then their share are in the ratio
a) 1: 2: 4
b) 1: 4: 1
c) 8: 4: 1
d) 4: 3: 2
8. A and B start walking in opposite directions. A walked 5 km, B 6 km. thereafter
both turned to their right and walked 2 km. Then they turned to right again and
walked 2 km; again turned to right and walked 2 km. How much distant apart are
they from each other.
a) 2 km
b) 13 km
c) 3 km
d) 7 km
9. Three ladies X, Y and Z are married to three men A, B and C, not in the same
sequence. A is a lawyer; Z’s husband is not an engineer. B is married to Y, X’s
husband is a doctor. Which of the following statements is correct?
a) A is married to X and is a lawyer
b) C is married to Z and is a doctor
c) Z is married to a lawyer
d) C is married to X and is an engineer
10. Find out the mathematical signs to be inserted between the numbers 14 2 5 = 33.
Insert the same signs between the numbers 16 3 7 and get the answer.
11. A’s grandfather who is 60 years old says to him “When your father was of your age,
I was his age. The sum of the years of you and your father is just equal to mine”.
What is the age of A.?
12. Anna and John both drive to their new home 400 miles away. Anna drives the
family car at an average speed of 60 mph. John drives the removal truck at an
average speed of 50 mph. During the journey, Anna stops for a total of 1 hour and
20 minutes, John stops for half as long. What is the difference in minutes between
their arrival times?
13. How many two-digit numbers can be written using the digits 0 through 5, given that
0 can be the first digit, but no digit can be repeated?
14. A train traveling at 60 mph enters a tunnel that is 5 miles long. The train is one mile
long. How many minutes does it take for the whole train to pass through the tunnel?.
15. How many straight lines are there in the given figure?
16. A works twice as fast as B. If both of them can together finish a work in 12 days, B
alone can do it in
a) 48 days
b) 36 days
c) 27 days
d) 24 days
17. The square of a natural number subtracted from its cube is 48. The number is
18. Average of 8 scores is 85. After removing the “maximum” score and next to
maximum which is “maximum-2? the average comes out to be 83.What is the
d) None of the above
19. In a chessboard of 64 squares, Pearls are to be decorated such that each corner has 1
pearl and each side has three pearls. How many pearls will be required?
d) None of the above
20. Janani Suraksha Yojana is a programme under the,
a) Common Minimum Programme
b) National Family Planning Programme
c) National Rural Health Mission
d) Jan Swashthya Abhiyan
21. The declining sex ratio in India that currently stands at 933 according to the Census
2001, is due mainly a result of,
a) Gender based inequalities in society
b) failure of the national health programmes
c) atrocities against women in the country
d) low literacy levels of Indian women
22. ASHA is the acronym for,
a) Accredited Social Health Activist
b) Assured Social Health Activities
c) Assisted Social Health Activist
d) Association of Social Health Activists
23. The vision of Janani Suraksha Yojana is
a) To reduce overall maternal mortality ratio
b) To reduce infant mortality rate
c) To increase institutional deliveries in BPL families
d) All the above
24. According to census 2001, the Indian state with the poorest child sex ratio (0-6
years) in the country is,
25. International women’s day is celebrated on
a) March 21
b) March 08
c) March 04
d) March 12
SECTION – B 25 Marks
Write an essay on any ONE of the following: (about 750 words)
1. Need for sex education for adolescents
2. Rural – urban inequalities in health care
- TISS 2014 Important Dates