TISS Health in Social Epidemilogy Question Papers with answers 2016.
Free download pdf TISS Tata Institute of Social Sciences TISS Health in Social Epidemilogy Question Papers with answers 2011 pdf Previous Question Papers of TISS Health in Social Epidemilogy Solved 2011 – 2012
Instructions I. Answer all the following questions II. All questions carry equal marks III. No overwriting is permitted *******
1. The number of triangles in the following figure is
2. if Anil rows 15 km upstream and 21 km down stream taking 3 hours each time, then
the speed of stream is
a) 1 km/ph
b) 1.5 km/ph
c) 2 km/ph
d) 12 km/ph
3. A total of Rs. 450 is divided into equal shares. If Kavita receives four shares, Kusum
receives three shares, and Anu receives the remaining two shares, how much money
did Kusum receive?
4. if the area of a triangle with base ‘a’ is equal to the area of a square with side ‘a’
then the altitude of the triangle is
5. What is the smallest prime factor of 1001?
6. Fill in the blanks: ? : 9 : : 4 : 6
7. Which of the following pairs has the same sort of relation as “KNIFE and 45”?
a) BAND and 25
b) ANT and 35
c) MAN and 47
d) CROW and 39
8. Which number should replace both the asterisk in [*/21] [*/181] = 1
9. If the radius of a circle is halved, what is the percentage decrease in its area?
10. If m is an even integer, which of these must be an odd integer?
a) m + 2
b) 2m – 1
c) m + 4
d) 2m – 2
11. Four carpenters can individually complete a particular task in 3, 4, 5, and 7 hours
respectively. What is the maximum fraction of the task that can be completed in
forty-five minutes if three of the carpenters work together at their respective rates?
12. A pizzeria sells small pizzas for Rs. 100 and large pizzas for Rs. 250. If its total
sales last Saturday amounted to Rs. 12,500 and it sold 30 large pizzas, how many
small pizzas did it sell?
13. A can copy 50 papers in 10 hours while both A & B can copy 70 papers in 10 hours.
Then for how many hours required for B to copy 26 papers?
14. A fair coin is thrown in the air four times. If the coin lands with the head up on the
first three tosses, what is the probability that the coin will land with the head up on
the fourth toss?
15. The numbers are in the ratio of 1:2:3 and their HCF is 12. the numbers are
a) 12, 24, 36
b) 10, 20, 30
c) 5, 10, 15
d) 4, 8, 12
16. “It has two pairs of opposite sides parallel.” Which of the following make this open
d) both 1 and 3
17. Which one of the following numbers has a rational square root?
18. The sum of two consecutive odd numbers in a set of three consecutive numbers is 5
more than the third number. What is the second of these numbers?
19. In ten years, A will be twice as old as B was ten years ago. If A is now nine years
older than B then the present age of B is
a) 19 years
b) 29 years
c) 39 years
d) 49 years
20. As per the National Immunization Programme at 15-18 months a child should get
the following vaccines:
a) MMR, DPT (booster), OPV, Typhoid
b) MMR, DPT (booster), OPV, Influenza
c) DPT (booster), OPV
d) MMR, DPT (booster), HBV booster
21. The concept of ‘Ayurveda’ is detailed in:
22. The system of medicine currently not recognized by the Government of India is:
a) Ayurveda / Siddha
23. Who propounded the germ theory of disease?
b) Robert koch
c) Ambroise Parre
d) Louis Pasteur
24. Which of the following dimensions is not included in the WHO definition of health?
a) Physical well being
b) Occupational well being
c) Mental well being
d) Social well being
25. A good indicator of the availability, utilization and effectiveness of health care
services in a country is:
a) Maternal mortality rate
b) Hospital bed occupancy rate
c) Infant mortality rate
d) Disability Adjusted Life Years (DALYs)
SECTION – B Marks: 25
Write an essay on any ONE of the following: (about 750 words)
1. Changing life styles of people and its implications on health
2. Rising incidence of vector borne diseases – causes and the measures to reduce the
- TISS 2014 Important Dates