Infosys 2011 Latest Placement Question Paper Answer.
This is a collection of Infosys questions complied by Yahoo Groups….
1. Three neighbors are there. 1st one lends 2nd and 3rd that many no. of tractors that then already each had. After few months, 2nd lends to 1st and 3rd that many tractors then they had. After a few months 3rd lends to 1st and 2nd that many tractors then they had. Now each of them got 24. Find how many they had initially?
Ans: 39 21 12
2. 3 members expect which will be the elected party among 4 parties namely Flying party, Eatwell, Good sleep, Loosing parties
X expects that either f.p or e.w.p will win.
Y expects that either f.p or g.s will win
Z expects that neither e.w.p nor g.s.p will win
One part of each members statement is correct. Which party will win?
3. Three members are hunting in a forest.While crossing a streem cartridges of two of them gets wetted up.Then the third person diviides his cartidges equally. After 4 shots of each person, total cartridges remaining are equal to what each had initially after sharing. How many total cartridges they initially they shared?
Y/3 Y/3 Y/3
Y/3-4 Y/3-4 Y/3-4
4. All members belonging to D are members of A
Some members of A does not belong to D
5 questions are there.
5. Boys are allowed to watch football at c.v.Raman auditorium subjected to conditions.
1. the boy over age 16 can wear overcoat
2. no boy over age 15 can wear cap
3. to watch the football either he has to wear overcoat or cap or both
4. a boy with an umbrella or above 16 or both cannot wear sweater.
5. boys must either not watch football or wear sweater.
What is the appearance of the boy who is watching football.
Ans:Who are above 15 and below 16 with cap. :
1.My neighbor has seven children. Every brother has equal no. of brothers and sisters, but each sister has twice as many brothers as sisters?
2.There are 11more animals than birds in a pet shop. If there are as many birds as animals and if there are as many animals as birds the no. of legs is 4/5 of the original. How many birds and animals are there?
3. One soap can be made out of the scraps obtained while preparing 11 soaps.How many soaps can be prepared out of the scrap obtained out of 251 soaps. (Take all possibilities)
4. There is a 5digit no. 3 pairs of sum is eleven each.
Last digit is 3 times the first one.
3 rd digit is 3 less than the second.
4 th digit is 4 more than the second one.
Find the digit.
Ans : 25296.
Find out the X’s and seven is not there in the calculation.
6. There are 5 burglars and once went to a bakery to rob it obviously The first guy ate 1/2 of the total bread and 1/2 of the bread The second guy ate 1/2 of the remaining and 1/2 of the bread. The third guy ,fourth guy and fifth guy did the same. After fifth
guy there is no bread left out. How many bread are there?
7. The main line train starts at 5.00AM and the harbor line train starts at 5.02AM.Each train has the frequency of 10 minutes. If a guy goes in the morning at a random time what is the probability of he getting main line train?
8. There is 66x33m rectangular area. Ram is 11/8 times faster than Krishna. Both of them started walking at opposite ends and they met at some point then, Ram said “See you in the other end” Then they continued walking. After some time Ram thought he will have tea so he turned back walked back 15 meters then he changed his mind again and continued walking .How much Krishna has traveled by the time they meet?
9. There are some chicken in a poultry. They are fed with corn. One sack of corn will come for 9 days. The farmer decides to sell some chicken and wanted to hold 12 chicken with him. He cuts the feed by 10% and sack of corn comes for 30 days. So initially how many chicken are there?
10.Escalator Problem. A person walking takes 26 steps to come down on a escalator and it takes 30 seconds for him for walking. The same person while running takes 18 second and 34 steps. How many steps are there in the escalator?
1. There are 4 married couples out of which 3 a group is needed . But there should not be his of her spouse. How many groups are possible ?
2. In the 4 digits 1,2,3,4 how many 4 digested numbers are possible which are divisible by 4? Repetitions are allowed
3. Two men are going along a track rail in the opposite direction. One goods train crossed the first person in 20 sec. After 10 min the train crossed the other person who is coming in opposite direction in 18 sec .After the train has passed, when the two persons will meet?
Approx 72min check it once.
4. The no. of children adults . The no .of adults the no .of boys . The no. of boys no. of girls .The no. of girls no. of family conditions
1. No family is without a child
2. Every girl has at least one brother and sister .
Ans cabgf; 9 6 5 4 3 .
6. There are 4 boys Anand, Anandya, Madan and Murali with nick names perich, zomie, drummy and madeena not in the same order. Some conditions
Ans Anand : Perich
Madan : Zombie
7. There are 2 diamonds, 1 spade and 1 club and 1ace and also 1 king , 1 jack and 1 ace are arranged in a straight line
1.The king is at third place
2.Theleft of jack is a heart and its right is king
3.No two red colors are in consecutive.
4.The queens are separated by two cards. Write the order which suits (hearts ,clubs )and names jacks queens etc.)
8. Write each statements true or false
1.The sum of the1st three statements and the 2nd false statement gives the true statement.
2.The no. of true statements false statement
3. The sum of 2nd true statement and 1st false statement gives the first true statement.
4. There are at most 3 false statements
5.There is no two consecutive true statements
6.If this contains only 1-5 statements, the answer of this is same as the an answer of the following question
9.Question on Venn diagram.
All handsome are also fair skinned
Some muscular are fair skinned
Some muscular are also handsome
All lean are also muscular
Some lean are also fair skinned.
All rich man is not fair skinned but all rich man are handsome
10 There are 3 piles each contain 10 15 20 stones. There are A,B,C,D,F,G and H persons. One man can catch unto four stones from any pile. The last man who takes will win. If first A starts next B. and so on who will win?
Ans May be F
1 Internet revolution
2.Media for youth
1. 9 cards are there. u have to arrange them in a 3*3 matrix. cards are of 4 colors. they are red,yellow,blue,green.
conditions for arrangement:
one red card must be in first row or second row.
2 green cards should be in 3rd column.
Yellow cards must be in the 3 corners only.
Two blue cards must be in the 2nd row.
At least one green card in each row.
Yellow Red Green
Blue Blue Green
Yellow Green Yellow
2. 4 cards are placed on a table, each card has two colors. U don’t know the color of the back side of each card.4 persons A B C and D are sitting on the table before the cards. They can see Red, Green, Red and blue .Out of the 4 people 2 always lie. They see the color on the reverse side and give the following comment
B: Neither Blue/nor Green
D: Blue/ Yello
find out the color on the other side of the 4 cards.
3. Red and brown tribes [FROM BARRONS GRE] Conditions to get married with each other.
4. Venn diagram regarding Rich, muscular, soft-skinned, employed, etc.,( Refer BARRONS GRE GUIDE)
1. Two people X & Y walk on the wall of a godown in opposite direction. They meet at a point on one side and then go ahead. X after walking for some time, walks in opposite direction for 15 mtrs. Then again he turns back and walks in the original direction. What distance did Y walk before they met again, if X walks 11 mtrs by the time Y walks 8 mtrs.
2. Problem from SAKUNTALA DEVI ’PUZZLES TO PUZZLE U’. Problem no: 23( Walking back to happiness.)
The walking time : 55 mins.
1. There are twelve consecutive flags at an equal interval of distance. A man passes the 8th flag in 8 seconds. How many more seconds will he take to pass the remaining 4 flags ?
2. A person has to cover the fixed distance through his horses. There are five horses in the cart. They ran at the full potential for the 24 hours continuously at constant speed and then two of the horses ran away to some other direction. So he reached the destination 48 hours behind the schedule. If the five horses would have run 50 miles more, then the person would have been only 24 hours late. Find the distance of the destination.
3. A boat M leaves shore A and at the same time boat B leaves shore B. They move across the river. They met at 500 yards away from A and after that they met 300 yards away from shore B without halting at shores. Find the distance between the shore A & B.
4. A person was going through train from Bombay to Pune. After every five minutes he finds a train coming from opposite direction. Velocity of trains are equal of either direction. If the person reached Pune in one hour then how many trains he saw in the journey ?
5. Food grains are to be sent to city from godown. Owner wants to reach the food grains at 11 O’ Clock in the city. If a truck travels at a speed of 30km/hr then he will reach the city one hour earlier. If the truck travels at a speed of 20km/h then he will reach the city one hour late. Find the distance between the godown to city. Also with which speed the truck should travel in order to reach at exactly 11 ’O clock.
6. Praveen, Ranjan, Shiva went to dinner in the city. (There were some conditions given as someone always take tea after dinner where as some take coffee after dinner whereas someones choice is inspired by the choice of others. One question of this type is given given in the MIND TEASURES -By Summers.)
Ans: Ranjan & Shiva
7. There are five persons A,B,C,D,E whose birthdays occur at the consecutive days. Birthday of A is some days or day before C & birthday of B is exactly the same days or day after E. D is two days older than E. If birth day of C is on Wednesday then find out the birthdays of other.
1. Statements given by different family members.
1. B is my father’s brother
2. E is my mother-in-law.
3. C is my son-in -law’s brother
4. A is my brother’s wife.
A,B,C,D,E are the family members. Who made above statements and give their relations.
Ans: A,B are couple.
E is B’s brother-in-law.
D is B’s son.
C is B’s brother
Ans: statement Member
2. e means belong.
All members of E e D.
All members of D e A.
Not all members of D e E.
Not all members of A e D.
All members of C e both A and B.
some questions are asked about relation. use venn diagram.
3. Fill the empty slots. Three FOOTBALL teams are there. Given below the list of matches. you have to fill the blanks at appropriate star symbols
played won lost draw Goals for Goals against
A 2 2 *0 *0 *7 1
B 2 *0 *1 1 2 4
C 2 *0 *1 *1 3 7
the slots with stars are answers. 4 marks
BC drew with 2-2
A won on B by 2-0
a won on C by 5-1
4. Three girls are discussing about the party which they attended in the past.
1st girl: Party was on May 8Th , Thursday.
2nd girl: Party was on May 10th ,Tuesday.
3rd girl: Party was on June 8th Friday.
1.One girl’s statement totally wrong.
2.In one girl’s statement only one part is correct( means it may be date, year or month).
3.In another girl’s statement except one part , every thing is true.
Find the Day the party held. (5marks).
Ans :May 8th Tuesday may be correct) (ans may be MAY 10 SUNDAY. check once again)
5. A ship is away from the shore by 180 miles. A plane is traveling at 10 times speed of the ship. How long from the shore will they meet? (200miles) Distance travelled by plane = 1/10 distance traveled by ship + 180
6. Every station in N railroad issue every other station’s ticket. some stations are added. Now they have to issue 46 more tickets. say the No. of stations after and before added.
Ans. let N(N-1) = t;
(N+x)(N+x-1) = t+46;
trail and error method x=2 and N=11
7. 3 persons say these statements.
A says either Democratic or liberal wins the elections.
B says Democratic wins.C says neither democratic nor liberal wins the election.
Of these only one is wrong. who wins the election?
8. A clock showing 6 o’clock takes 30 secs to strike 6 times. How long will it take to strike 12 at midnight?
1. A software engineer starts from home at 3pm for evening walk. He walks speed of 4kmph on level ground and then at a speed of 3kmph on the uphill and then down the hill at a speed of 6kmph to the level ground and then at a speed of 4kmph to the home
If he reaches home at 9pm. What is the distance on the way
ans 24 km
2. A bag contains certain number of files, Each file is numbered with one digit of 0 to 9. Suppose the person wants to get the number between 1 to 2000(or 7000 check). How many minimum no. of files should be present in the bag.
3. A + B + C +D = D + E + F + G = G + H + I =17. If A = 4. What are the values of D and G. Each letter taken only one of the digit from 1 to 9.
ans: A = 4 ,B = 2, C =6, D = 5, E = 3, F = 8, G = 1, H = 7, I = 9.
4. Six persons A,B,C,D,E &F went to soldier cinema. There are six consecutive seats. A sits in the first seat followed by B, followed by C and so on. If A taken on of the six seats, then B should sit adjacent to A. C should sit adjacent to A or B. D should sit adjacent to A, B or C and so on. How many possibilities are there ?
5. Suppose there are four grades A, B, C, D. (A is the best and D is the worst) 4 persons Jack, Jean, Poul and Lucy wrote the final exam and made the statements like this
1. Jack: If I will get A then Lucy will get D
2. Lucy: If I will get C then Jack will get D. Jack grade is better than Poul grade.
3. Jean: If Jean doesn?t get A then Jack will not get A
4. Poul: If Jack get A, then Jean will not get B, Lucy will get C, I won?t either A or B
If all the above statements are true, then which person will get which grade.
6. Each man dances with 3 women, Each women dances with 3 men. Among each pair of men they have exactly two women in common. Find the no. of men and women.
1. Internet Revolution
2. Role of Media for young
1. A man collects cigarette stubs and makes one full cigarette with every 8 stubs. If he gets 64 stubs how many full cigarettes can he smoke.
2. A soldier looses his way in a thick jungle. At random he walks from his camp but mathematically in an interesting fashion. First he walks one mile East then half mile to North. Then 1/4 mile to West, then 1/8 mile to South and so on making a loop. Finally how far he is from his camp and in which direction.
Ans: Distance traveled in north and south directions
1/2 – 1/8 + 1/32 – 1/128 + 1/512 – and so on
Similarly in east and west directions
1- 1/4 + 1/16 – 1/64 + 1/256 – and so on
= 1/(( 1- ( – 1/4))
Add both the answers
3. How can 1000000000 be written as a product of two factors neither of them containing zeros
Ans: 2 power 9 x 5 power 9
4. Conversation between two mathematicians:
First : I have three children. The product of their ages is 36.
If you sum their ages, it is exactly same as my neighbor’s door number on my left.
The second mathematician verifies the door number and says that it is not sufficient.
Then the first says ” Ok one more clue is that my youngest is really the youngest”. Immediately the second mathematician answers .
Can you answer the question asked by the first mathematician?
What are the children ages?
Ans 1,6 and 6
5. Light glows for every 13 seconds . How many times did it glow between 1:57:58 and 3:20:47 am.
Ans : 383 + 1 = 384
6. 500 men are arranged in an array of 10 rows and 50 columns according to their heights.
Tallest among each row of all are asked to fall out.
And the shortest among them is A.
Similarly after resuming that to their original positions that the shortest among each column are asked to fall out.
And the tallest among them is B .
Now who is taller among A and B ?
7. A person with some money spends1/3 for cloths, 1/5 of the remaining for food and 1/4 of the remaining for travel.
He is left with Rs 100/- How much did he have with him in the beginning ?
Ans: Rs 250/-
8. There are six boxes containing 5 , 7 , 14 , 16 , 18 , 29 balls of either red or blue in color. Some boxes contain only red balls and others contain only blue. One sales man sold one box out of them and then he says
” I have the same number of red balls left out as that of blue “.
Which box is the one he solds out ?
Ans: Total no of balls = 89 and (89-29 /2) = 60/2 = 30 and also 14 + 16 = 5 + 7 + 18 = 30
9. A chain is broken into three pieces of equal lengths containing 3 links each. It is taken to a blacksmith to join into a single continuous one. How many links are to to be opened to make it ?
Ans : 2.
10. Grass in lawn grows equally thick and in a uniform rate. It takes 24 days for 70 cows and 60 days for 30 cows to eat the whole of the grass. How many cows are needed to eat the grass in 96 days.?
Ans : 20
g – grass at the beginning
r – rate at which grass grows, per day
y – rate at which one cow eats grass, per day
n – no of cows to eat the grass in 96 days
g + 24*r = 70 * 24 * y
g + 60*r = 30 * 60 * y
g + 96*r = n * 96 * y
Solving, n = 20.
11. There is a certain four digit number whose fourth digit is twice the first digit. Third digit is three more than second digit. Sum of the first and fourth digits twice the third number. What was that number ?
ans : 2034 and 4368
1. From a vessel on the first day, 1/3rd of the liquid evaporates. On the second day 3/4th of the remaining liquid evaporates. what fraction of the volume is present at the end of the II day. Ans 50%
Another similar question
X liters of liquid is in a glass. First day 1/3 rd of it was evaporated. II nd day 1/2 of the rest was evaporated. What is the last fraction of liquid. For this answer is 1/3
2. An orange glass has orange juice. and white glass has apple juice. Both have equal volume. 50ml of the orange juice is taken and poured into the apple juice. 50ml from the white glass is poured into the orange glass. Of the two quantities, the amount of apple juice in the orange glass and the amount of orange juice in the white glass, which one is greater and by how much?
ans: two quantities are equal
3. There is a 4 inch cube painted on all sides. This is cut into no of 1 inch cubes. What is the no of cubes which have no pointed sides.
4. Sam and Mala have a conversation. Sam says I am certainly not over 40. Mala says I am 38 and you are at least 5 years older than me. Now Sam says you are at least 39. All the statements by the two are false. How hold are they really.
ans: Mala is 38 years. Sam is 41 years.
5. Ram singh goes to his office in the city, every day from his suburban house. His driver Mangaram drops him at the railway station in the morning and picks him up in the evening. Every evening Ram singh reaches the station at 5 o’clock. Mangaram also reaches at the same time. one day Ramsingh started early from his office and came to the station at 4 o’clock. Not wanting to wait for the car he starts walking home. Mangaram starts at normal time, picks him up on the way and takes him back house, half an hour early. How much time did Ram singh walk.
Ans: 45 minutes
6. Some people went for vacation. unfortunately it rained for 13 days when they were there. But whenever it rained in the morning, they had clean afternoon and vice versa. In all they enjoyed 11 morning and 12 afternoons. How many days did they stay there totally
7. A survey was taken among 100 people to find their preference of watching t.v. programmes. There are 3 channels. Given no of
people who watch
at least channel 1
” ” 2
” ” 3
no channels at all
atleast channels 1and 3
” ” 1 and 2
” ” 2 and 3
find the no of people who watched all three.
8. Albert and Fernandes have two leg swimming race. Both start from opposite and of the pool. On the first leg, the boys pass each other at 18 mt from the deep end of the pool. During the II leg they pass at 10 mt from the shallow end of the pool. Both go at const speed. But one of them is faster. Each boy rests for 4 sec to see at the end of the I leg. What is the length of the pool.
9.. T H I S Each alphabet stands for one
I S digit, what is the maximum value T
————– can take
X F X X
X X U X
X X N X X
ans T max value = 4
1. An escalator is descending at constant speed. A walks down and takes 50 steps to reach the bottom. B runs down and takes 90 steps in the same time as A takes 10 steps. How many steps are visible when the escalator is not operating.
ans: 150 steps
2. Every day a cyclist meets a train at a particular crossing. The road is straight before the crossing and both are traveling in the same direction. Cyclist travels with a speed of 10 Kmph. One day the cyclist comes late by 25 min. and meets the train 5km before the crossing. What is the speed of the train.
ans: 60 kmph
3. Five persons Muckarjee, Misra, Iyer, Patil and Sharma, all take their first or middle names in the full names. There are 4 persons having I or middle name of kumar, 3 persons with Mohan, 2 persons with dev and 1 anil.
–Either mukherjee and patil have a I or middle name of dev or misra and iyer have their I or middle name of dev of mukherkjee and misra
–either both of them have a first or middle name of mohan or neither have a first or middle name of mohan
–either iyer of sharma has a I or middle name of kumar hut not both.
who has the I or middle name of anil
Anil Kumar Mukherjee
Kumar Misra dev
Mohan Iyer dev
kumar Patil mohan
Mohan Sharma kumar
5. A bird keeper has got P pigeon, M mynas and S sparrows. The keeper goes for lunch leaving his assistant to watch the birds. suppose p=10, m=5, s=8
a. when the bird keeper comes back, the assistant informs that x birds have escaped. The bird keeper exclaims oh no! all my sparrows are gone. How many birds flew away.
b. when the bird keeper come back, the assistant told him that x birds have escaped. The keeper realised that atleast 2 sparrows have escaped.
What is minimum no of birds that can escape.
6. Select from the five alternatives A,B,C,D,E
At the end of each question , two conditions will be given. The choices are to filled at follows.
a. if a definite conclusion can be drawn from condition 1
b. if a definite conclusion can be drawn from condition 2
c. if a definite conclusion can be drawn from condition 1 and 2
d. if a definite conclusion can be drawn from condition 1 or 2
e. no conclusion can be drawn using both conditions
1. person 1 says N5
person 3 says 3N>20
person 4 says 3n>10
person 5 says N<8 what is the value of N a) 1. no of persons who speak false being less than no of persons who tells the truth. 2. person 2 is telling the truth. b) 1. no of persong telling the truth is greater than no of persons telling lies 2. person 5 is telling the truth. 7. There are N coins on a table. There are two players A&B. You can take 1or 2 coins at a time. The person who takes the last coin is the loser. A always starts first –1. if N=7 a) A can always win by taking two coins in his first chance b) B can win only if A takes two coins in his first chance. c) B can always win by proper play d) none of the above –2. A can win by proper play if N is equal to a) 13 b) 37 c) 22 d) 34 e) 48 ans. e. –3. B can win by proper play if N is equal to a) 25 b)26 c) 32 d) 41 e) none –4. if N Z is of C type, I am of A type
Y says –> X is a B type.
Z says –> X is of B type.
Who is of which type.
7.. There are two families Sinha and Gupta with 2 children each. Pratap, Praveen, Lalit and Rajesh are 4 children. Each family has 2 children. All the children ages are approx. to the nearest integer. We have to find which all children are in which family and their corresponding ages which are no sari.Plainted->medium.Answer the combinations.
1. A person has to go both Northwards & Southwards in search of a job. He decides to go by the first train he encounters. There are trains for every 15 min both southwards and northwards. First train towards south is at 6:00 A.M. and that towards North is at 6:10 .If the person arrives at any random time, what is the probability that he gets into a train towards North.
2. A person has his own coach & whenever he goes to railway station he takes his coach. One day he was supposed to reach the railway station at 5 O’clock. But he finished his work early and reached at 3 O’clock. Then he rung up his residence and asked to send the coach immediately. He came to know that the coach has left just now to the railway station. He thought that he should not waste his time and started moving towards his residence at the speed of 3miles/hr. On the way, he gets the coach and reaches home at 6 o’clock. How far is his residence from railway station.
1. Persons A and B. Person A picks a random no. from 1 to 1000.Then person B picks a random no. from 1 to 1000. What is the probability of B getting no. greater then what A has picked.
2. Some free body diagram is given
3 | 9
2 | 4 |
| 5 | 9
3 | 2 |
For equilibrium find values of A,B,and C.
3. Three boys and three girls brought up together. Jim, Jane, Tom, Virgina, Dorthy, XXX.
They marry among themselves to form three couples. Conditions are :
i) Sum of their ages would be the same.
ii) Virgina was the oldest.
iii) Jim was dorthy’s brother.
iv) Sum of ages Jane+Jim and Tom+dorthy is same.
Give the three couples.
4. X^(1/3) – X^(1/9) =60 Solve for X.
5. X Z Y+X Y Z = Y Z X Find the three digits.
6. Two boats start from opposite banks of river perpendicular to the shore. One is faster then the other. They meet at 720 yards from one of the ends. After reaching opposite ends they rest for 10mins each. After that they start back. This time on the return journey they meet at 400yards from the other end of the river. Calculate the width of the river.
7. Basketball Tournament organizers decided that two consecutive defeats will knock out the team. There are 51 teams participating. What is the maximum no. of matches that can be played.
8. The Master says to his grandmaster that me and my three cousins have ages in prime nos. only. Summation of our ages is 50. Grandmaster who knows the age of the master instantly tells the ages of the three cousins. Tell the ages of three cousins.( 1 is not considered as prime no.)
9. There are two families Alens and smiths. They have two children each. There names are A,B,C,D whose ages are different and ages are less then or equal to 11. The following conditions are given.
i) A’s age is three years less then his brother’s age .
ii) B is eldest among the four.
iii) C is half the age of the eldest in Alens family.
iv) The difference in sum of the ages of Alens children and smiths children is same as that of five years ago. Find the ages of all the children.
1. be * be = acb. a,b,c,e are non zero numbers find b,e.
ans b=1 e=9
2. a,b,c,d,e are having numerical values. There are some conditions given
a) a=c 2
II A 10
IV B 2
3. 7 hours hour glass. 11 hours hour glass. you have to boil one egg for 15 hours
4. What is the maximum number of slices can you obtain by cutting a cake with only 4 cuts?
5. Three are three boxes ,
In one box Two white balls
In two box 2 black balls
In three box 1white &1 black
The labels on the boxes are not correct. Then you have to open one box and to find the color of the balls in all boxes.
ans: Open the box labeled black & white. If white balls are there then the box labeled with white balls contain black balls and labeled with black balls contain one black and one white ball and vice versa if two black balls are there.