Latest Infosys Puzzles Question Answer Placement Papers.
Puzzles : Latest Infosys Puzzles
351. Alpha, Beta , gamma, delta and epsilon are friends and have birthdays on consecutive days though may not
be in order. Gamma is as many days old to Alpha as Beta is younger to Epsilon. Delta is two days older
then Epsilon. Gamma’s Birthday is on Wednesday. Tell whose birthday is when.
Beta : Saturday
352.The quarter of the time from midnight to present time added to the half of the time from the present to
midnight gives the present time. What is the present time?
Ans: 9hrs past 36 minutes AM
353. A man is going to a wedding party. He travels for 2hrs when he gets a puncture. Changing tyres takes 10mins.
The rest of the journey he travels at 30 miles/hr. He reaches 30mins behind schedule. He thinks to himself that
if the puncture had occurred 30miles later, he would have been only 15mins late.
Find the total distance traveled by the man
354. After world war II three departments did as follows First department gave some tanks to 2nd &3rd departments equal to
the number they are having. Then 2nd department gave some tanks to 1st & 3rd departments equal to
the number they are having. Then 3rd department gave some tanks to 2nd &1st departments equal to
the number they are having. Then each department has 24 tanks. Find the initial number of tanks of each department?
Ans ; A-39 B-21 C-12
355. A girl ’A’ told to her friend about the size and color of a snake she has seen
in the beach. It is one of the colors brown/black/green and one of the sizes 35/45/55.
If it were not green or if it were not of length 35 it is 55.
If it were not black or if it were not of length 45 it is 55.
If it were not black or if it were not of length 35 it is 55.
a) What is the color of the snake?
b) What is the length of the snake?
Ans: a) brown b) 55
356.A man was on his way to a marriage in a car with a constant speed. After 2 hours one of the tier is punctured
and it took 10 minutes to replace it. After that they traveled with a speed of 30 miles/hr and reached the marriage
30 minutes late to the scheduled time. The driver told that they would be late by 15 minutes only if the 10 minutes
was not waste. Find the distance between the two towns?
357. Three clocks where set to true time. First run with the exact time. Second slows one minute/day. Third gains one minute/day. After how many days they will show true time.
358. There were some containers of quantity 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 12, 15, 22, 24, 38 liters. Each was filled with some liquid except one. The liquids are milk, water and oil. Quantity of each was like this. Water = 2* milk oil = 2* water. Find out which container was empty and containers filled with milk and oil.
359. Two travelers, one with 64 barrels of wine, other with 20 barrels of wine. They don’t have enough money to pay duty for the same. First traveler pays 40 francs and gives his 5 barrels, Second traveler gives his 2 barrels but gets 40 francs in exchange. What’s value of each barrel, and duty for each barrel?
Ans: Value of each barrel-120 francs, Duty on each-10 francs
360. What is Ann’s relation with her husband’s mother’s only daughter-in-law’s sister’s husband?
361. Some guy holding a glass of wine in his hand looking around in the room says, “This is same as it was four years ago, how old are your two kids now?” Other guy says “Three now, Pam had one more in the meanwhile.” Pam says, “If you multiply their ages, answer is 96 and if you add the ages of first two kids, addition is same as our house number.” The first guy says, “You are very smart but that doesn’t tell me their ages.” Pam says, “It’s very simple, just think.” What are the ages of three kids?
Ans: 8, 6, 2
362. A motor cyclist participant of a race says “We drove with the speed of 10 miles an hour one way, but while returning because of less traffic we drove on the same route with 15 miles per hour.” What was their average speed in the whole journey?
Ans: 12 miles per hour
363. Given following sequence, find the next term in the series:
(i) 0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 12, 12, 20, 16, ____ Ans: 12
(ii) 3, 6, 13, 26, 33, 66, ___ Ans: 53
364. Three customers want haircut and a shave. In a saloon, two barbers operate at same speed. They take quarter of an hour for the haircut and 5 mins for the shave. How quickly can they finish the haircut and shave of these three customers?
Ans: 30 minutes
365. A shopkeeper likes to arrange and rearrange his collection of stamps. He arranges them sometimes in pair, sometimes in bundle of three, sometimes in bundle of fours, occasionally in bundle of fives and sixes. Every time he’s left with one stamp in hand after arrangement in bundles. But if he arranges in the bundle of seven, he’s not left with any stamp. How many stamps does a shopkeeper have?
366. Three different types of objects in a bucket. How many times does one need to select object from the bucket to get atleast 3 objects of the same type?
367). A stamp collector has the habit to arrange or rearrange the stamps accordingly. while doing this he some times keeps the stamps in pairs, or in group of 3 or in 4 or in or in 6 and realises that in any case he is left with 1 stamp and when he arranges them in groups of 7 no stamps remain. what is the number of stamps he has?
368). amy while walkin down the street with her daughter, meets her husband’s mother’s only duaghter in law’s sister’s husband. how is the related to her?
369). there are 3 custoners who wants to take a hair cut and shave. there are 2 barbers who takes one quarter of an hour for a hair cut, and 5 minutes for a shave. both the barbers want to finish off and go quickly to their homes. in what time can do it.
370). we travelled to a place at the rate of 10 miles per hour and offcourse returned the same way, but owing to less traffic at the rate of 15 miles per hour.what was our relative speed.
371). there are 3 types of apples in a box. what is the number of apples we should take so that we end up with 3 apples of one kind.
372). a).3,6,13,26,33,66,_ b).0, 1,2,13 ,6,33 ,12, 63,20, 103,_
373. Each alphabet A,B.. Z is a constant.A=1,B=2,C=3^2,D=4^9 n so on.Each letter is assigned a value -the position of that letter raised to the value of preceding alphabet.(C = 3 ^B,D= 4 ^ C n so on)
Compute the numerical value of (X-A)(X-B)(X-C)….(X-Y)(X-Z).
374. Mr. T has a wrong weighing pan.One arm is lengthier than other.1
kilogram on left balances 8 melons on right.1 kilogram on right
balances 2 melons on left.If all melons are equal in weight,what is
the weight of a single melon?
375. In a game of dice, 2 dice thrown at each turn.The score at each
turn is taken as the product of number on 2 dices.there were five
turns(rolls).second roll is 1 less than first n (like this … the
relationship between third n second,third n fourth,fourth n fifth )
were given.Find the score in first roll,second roll,third roll,fourth
roll.(jus giving an idea abt question and don know the exact
PURPLE:these are always poisonous if red are.
YELLOW:six months in a year they are safe.
GREEN: always safe to consume if purple are poisonous.
RED:six months in a year poisonous.
The colors are colors of mushrooms available.AT this time
which one is safe to consume?
G: I am 22
M = G + 2
H = G – 1
H: I am not the youngest.
difference between M & H is 3
G is 25.
M: M is younger than G.
G = 23.
H = G+2.
Mr.G,Mr.M,Mr.H made only one statement false.
Find the ages of all three.
(I am not sure abt the statements jus chk it out with others)