TCS off campusing Question Paper Answer TCS Placement Paper.
63. A moves 3 kms east from his starting point . He then travels 5 kms north. From that point he moves 8 kms to the east.How far is A from his starting point?
Ans. 13 kms
66. The cost of one pencil, two pens and four erasers is Rs.22 while the cost of five pencils, four pens and two erasers is Rs.32.How much will three pencils, three pens and three erasers cost?
76. if the word ’ddosszm’ is changed to ’central’ then what will be the change for ’rtjbl’ ?
77. what is the largest prime number in 8 digit number?
78. the word unimpressive was given.they asked us to do change 1st & 2nd,3rd & 4th,so on.then they asked what will be 10th letter from right?
79. the plane question was asked.it took off from 7 degree 53’ 6.1’’ and landed at 8 degree 6’ 43.5’’.it takes 12 hours to travel between these points.then what will be local time at destination ?[just follow previous ques paper the problem was same
80. g=1,g=-1,g[n]=2*g[n-1]-3*g[n-2] then calculate g= ?
81. The series was asked : 5,6,7,8,10,11,14,..?
82. They asked the temperature problem.it was same as previous papers.the ratio was -t*t/6+4t+12.
83. The ques on a man,a woman and a boy finish work together in 6 days.man takes 10 days,woman takes 24 days then how much boy will take?
84. The matrix of a(7,9) was given.the address of the first byte of a(1,1)=1258.it takes 4 bytes to store the nuymber.then calculate the address of the last byte of a(5,8)
85. The program requires 4000(n)1/2 [ie square root of n].if size of program was increased by 1% then calculate the percentage change in size of program.
86. Modulo(373,7)+round(5.8)+truncat(7.2)-round(3.4) = ?
Ans : 12
87. (imp) The bucket size is 10KB.it takes 0.0001 KB/milisec to fill bucket.the bucket takes 100 or 1000 milisec to reach to destination.it takes 100 milisec to pass acknowledgement from dest to source.so calculate how much time will it take to pass N KB ,write formula.
88. The graph was given.the x and y axes were there.the line is intersecting them.the points of intersection were y=3,x=0 and x=-2,y=0.write the equation of line.
89. The decimal number was given.it was converted to other system.they asked to identify the
93. Low temperature at the night in a city is 1/3 more than 1/2 high as higher temperature in a day. Sum of the low temperature and highest temp. is 100 degrees. Then what is the low temp?
Sol: 40 deg.
94.Person, who decided to go to weekend trip should not exceed 8 hours driving in a day. Average speed of forward journey is 40 m/h. Due to traffic in Sundays, the return journey average speed is 30 m/h. How far he can selecta Picnic spot?
a) 120 miles b) Between 120 and 140 miles c) 160 miles
Answer: 120 miles
95. A salesperson multiplied a number and got the answer 3, instead of that number divided by 3.What is the answer he actually has to get?
Sol: (1/3) *1 * 3 = 3, so number = 1 Divided by 3
96. A ship started from port and moving with I miles per hour and another ship started from L and moving with H miles per hour. At which place these two ships meet?
port G H I J K L
Sol: Answer is between I and J and close to J or (L*I*H)/(H+I)
97. A building with height D shadow up to G. A neighbor building with what height shadows C feet.
A B C D E F G H
99.A bus started from bus stand at 8.00am, and after 30 minutes staying at destination, it returned back to the bus stand. The destination is 27 miles from the bus stand. The speed of the bus is 18mph. In return journey bus travels with 50% fast speed. At what time it returns to the bus stand?
100.In a mixture, R is 2 parts S is 1 part. In order to make S to 25% of the mixture, how much r is to be added?
Sol: One Part
103. Two trees are there. One grows at 3/5 of the other in 4 years, total growth of trees is 8 ft. what growth will smaller tree will have in 2 years
Sol: (< 2 ft) 106. Box of 150 packets consists of 1kg packets and 2kg packets. Total weight of box is 264kg. How many 2kg packets are there a) 96 b) 67 c) 100 d) 114 Sol :d 107. Which is more economical of the following a) 2kg — 30/- b) 8kg — 160/- c) 5kg — 80/- 108. Satish earns 240 weekly.12% of big amount + earning weekly = 540.What is the big amount? Ans: 2500 109. Julia is twice older than qurban. If Julia was 4 years younger, qurban was 3 years older their diff. between their ages is 12 years. What is the sum of their ages? Ans: 57 110. |x-a| = a-x solve. Ans) x 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 1
B -> 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 0
C -> 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 1
Find ((A-B) u C)=?
147. A Flight takes off at 2 A.M from northeast direction and travels for 11 hours to reach the destination, which is in northwest direction. Given the latitude and longitude of source and destination. Find the local time of destination when the flight reaches there?
148. A can copy 50 papers in 10 hours while both A & B can copy 70 papers in 10 hours. Then for how many hours required for B to copy 26 papers?
149. A is twice efficient than B. A and B can both work together to complete a work in 7 days. Then find in how many days, A alone can complete the work?
150. A finish the work in 10 days. B is 60% efficient than A. So how many days do B takes to finish the work?
151. A finishes the work in 10 days & B in 8 days individually. If A works for only 6 days then how many days should B work to complete A’s work?
Ans: 3.2 days
152. Given the length of the 3 sides of a triangle. Find the one that is impossible? (HINT: sum of smaller 2 sides is greater than the other one, which is larger)
153. Find the singularity matrix from a given set of matrices?
154. A 2D array is declared as A[9,7] and each element requires 2 byte. If A [1,1] is stored in 3000. Find the memory of A[8,5]?
155. Sum of slopes of 2 perpendicular st.lines is given. Find the pair of lines from the given set of options, which satisfy the above condition?
156. (a) 2+3i (b)1+i (c) 3-2i (d) 1-7i .Find which of the above is orthogonal.
157. (Momentum*Velocity)/(Acceleration * distance). Find units.
158. The number 362 in decimal System is given by (1362) x in the X System of numbers find the value of X
a} 5 b) 6 c) 7 d) 8 e) 9
159. Given $ means Tripling and % means change of sign then find the value of $%$6-%$%6
160. My flight takes of at 2am from a place at 18N 10E and landed 10 Hrs later at a place with coordinates 36N70W. What is the local time when my plane landed?
a)6:00 am b) 6:40am c) 7:40 d) 7:00 e) 8:00
161. Find the highest prime number that can be stored in an 8 bit Computer?
162. Which of the following set of numbers has the highest Standard deviation?
a)1,0,1,0,1,0 b) -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1
c)1,1,1,1,1,1 d) 1,1,0, -1,0, -1
163. 3 angles or 3 sides r given.Which will form a triangle?
164 units of basic quantities :
1. (energy * time * time )/(mass * dist) = distance
2. (momentum * velocity)/(force * time) = velocity
165. “&” is for doubling the value “%” is for change of sign then what is the value
5-&%&5 Ans-30 (Check)
166. 58,27,12,x,2,1. Find x.
167. R-rounding off, M-modulus, T-truncate
M(893,10)+r( )+t( ) is asked
168. vertices edges and surfaces of a cube Ans-8,12,6
169. Sums on Recursive functions
170. Questions on General computer awareness
171. Pick the odd one?..
1.http 2.arp 3.snmp 4.sap Ans-sap
1.linux 2.windows NT 3.sql server 4.Unix Ans-Sql server
172. Which of the following is a singular matrix. (Determinant must be zero)
173. Aeroplane is flying at a particular angle and latitude,after some time another latitude is given..(8 hrs later), u r asked to find the local time of the place.
174. a series of letters are given how many Ws r followed by F and preceded by T.
175. 7,9,13,_,27,37. Ans-19
176. SURFW Code is translated as SHEET?..these kinda ques r there?..
177. 194 base 10 = ____ base 5 (1234)
178. Largest prime no. in a 6 bit,8 bit (Ans 127),9 bit microprocessor
179. Venn Diagram kinda ques.
Some know English, some French,some German??how many know two languages?..
180. Bar Diagram, Pie Chart (similar to Data interpretation)
181. Code Interchanging, A word is given?. Letters are reversed..u r asked to find the nth letter from right or left?.
Eg. DESTABILIZATION Ans-T
182. Sums on logarithms, e power x curves.
183. n=68 x 12 x 51. Which of the follg is not an integer Ans- n/122
184. Which is a/not a power of 2 or 3.Power of 4
185. series: 2, 7, 24,77, —– ans: 248
186. code: oenir: brave cyrnfr :———-
187. 1st and 2nd letters of a”parliamentarian” were interchanged.similarly 3rd and 4th, then 5th and 6 th .So on continued.what would be the 14tjh letter from right.
188. (466)decimal= what is the number in base 7?
189. largesrt prime that can be stored in 8 bit computer. ans127
190. if n=68*12*51, whaich one is not a integer
1.n/102, 2.n/72, 3. n/153, 4.n/136 5. n/244
191. which one is the power of 3== 6245,6762,6074,6561,6178
192. odd out—-1. mvs,2. windowsnt, 3. sybase 4. linux.
193. odd out—–1.java,2. smalltalk 3. eiffel 4. lisp
194. In a triangle which one is not possible.sides are (5 ,5 ,5.), (5 ,4 ,5 ), (4 ,4, 9 ), (3,4 ,5,).
195. No.of vertices,edges, faces are given.which one among these best suits for the solid planner cube.
12, 8, 6 6 ,8 ,12 4 , 8, 12 8 ,12, 6
196. Which one among have higher deviation:1. 7,0,-7, 7,0,-7 2. -7,-7,-7,-7,-7,-7
3. 7,-7,7,-7,7,-7 4. 7,7,7,7,7,7
197. a & b can do a work in 14 days.if a does twice as much as work as b in a given time.find how
long a alone woukld take to do the work.
198. Which one among is a singular matrix. 14 6 , -373 223 , 1 0 , 10 12
4 3 , 1865 -1115 , 1 2 , 3 4
199. If &=doubling and % means sign change then what is the output
&%&(5) – %&%(5)
200. Match the box
a.scooter— Automobile a.super set of
b.Oxygen— Water b.not a type of
c.Shopfloorstaff—-Filters c.a type of
d. Bug— Reptile d.part of