TCS Quantitative Aptitude Question Paper Answer TCS Placement Papers.
Quantitative Section1. There are 150 weights .Some are 1 kg weights and some are 2 kg weights. The sum of the weights is 260.What is the number of 1kg weights?
2. A is driving on a highway when the police fines him for overspeeding and exceeding the limit by 10 km/hr.At the same time B is fined for overspeeding by twice the amount by which A exceeded the limit.If he was driving at 35 km/hr what is the speed limit for the road?
Ans. 15 kmph
3. A moves 3 kms east from his starting point . He then travels 5 kms north. From that point he moves 8 kms to the east.How far is A from his starting point?
Ans. 13 kms
4. A car travels 12 kms with a 4/5th filled tank.How far will the car travel with 1/3 filled tank?
Ans. 5 kms
5. The sum of the digits of a two digit number is 8. When 18 is added to the number, the digits are reversed. Find the number?
6. The cost of one pencil, two pens and four erasers is Rs.22 while the cost of five pencils, four pens and two erasers is Rs.32.How much will three pencils, three pens and three erasers cost?
7. Fathers age is 5 times his son’s age. 4 years back the father was 9 times older than son.Find the fathers’ present age.
Ans. 40 years
8. What number should be added to or subtracted from each term of the ratio 17 : 24 so that it becomes equal to 1 : 2.
Ans. 10 should be subtracted
9. What is the 12th term of the series 2, 5, 8, ….
10. If 20 men take 15 days to to complete a job, in how many days can 25 men finish that work?
Ans. 12 days
11. In a fraction, if 1 is added to both the numerator at the denominator, the fraction becomes 1/2. If numerator is subtracted from the denominator, the fraction becomes 3/4. Find the fraction.
12. If Rs.1260 is divided between between A, B and C in the ratio 2:3:4, what is C’s share?
Ans. Rs. 560
13. A shopkeeper bought a watch for Rs.400 and sold it for Rs.500.What is his profit percentage?
14. What percent of 60 is 12?
15. Hansie made the following amounts in seven games of cricket in India : Rs.10, Rs.15, Rs.21, Rs.12, Rs.18, Rs.19 and Rs.17(all figures in crores of course).Find his average earnings.
Ans. Rs.16 crore