TCS Sample Question Paper Answer TCS Placement Papers.
1. One Rectangular plate with length 8 inches breadth 11 inches and 2 inches thickness is there. What is the length of the circular rod with diameter 8 inches and equal to volume of rectangular plate ?
Ans: 3.5 inches
2. What is the Number of zeros at the end of the product of the numbers from 1 to 100.
3. In some game 139 members have participated every time one fellow will get out. What is the number of matches to choose the champion to be held?
4. One fast typist type some matter in 2hr and another slow typist type the same matter in 3hr. If both do combine in how much time they will finish. (S)
Ans: 1hr 12min
5. In 8*8 chess board what is the total number of squares.
6. Falling height is proportional to square of the time. One object falls 64cm in 2sec than in 6sec from how much height the object will fall.
7. Gavaskar average in first 50 innings was 50. After the 51st innings his average was 51 how many runs he made in the 51st innings.
8. 2 oranges, 3 bananas and 4 apples cost Rs.15 . 3 oranges 2 bananas 1 apple costs Rs 10. what is the cost of 3 oranges, 3 bananas and 3 apples
Ans: Rs 15.
9. In 80 coins one coin is counterfeit what is minimum number of weightings to find out counterfeit coin
10. In a company 30% are supervisors and 40% employees are male. If 60% of supervisors are male. What is the probability that a randomly chosen employee is a male or female?
11. Two pencils costs 8 cents, then 5 pencils cost how much
12. A work is done by the people in 24 min. one of them can do this work a lonely in 40 min. how much time required to do the same work for the second person.
13. For a round trip, a car used 4 1/2 gallons of gasoline. If it used 1/4 more gasoline going than coming back, how much gasoline was used coming back?
Ans: 2 gallons
14. low temperature at the night in a city is 1/3 more than 1/2 hinge as higher temperature in a day. sum of the low temp and highest temp is 100C. then what is the low temperature
Ans: 40 C
15. A person who decided to go weekend trip should not exceed 8 hours driving in a day Average speed of forward journey is 40 mph. due to traffic in sundays, the return journey average speed is 30 mph. how far he can select a picnic spot
Ans: 120 miles
16. A sales person multiplied a number and get the answer is 3, instead of that number divided by 3. what is th answer he actually has to get ?
17. A ship started from port and moving with I mph and another ship started from L and moving with H mph. At which place these two ships meet?
Ans is between I and J and close to J
port G H I J K L
18. A building with hight D ft shadow upto G A neighbor building with what height shadow C ft is
Ans: B ft
A B C D E F G H
19. A person was fined for exceeding the speed limit by 10 mph. Another person was also fined for exceeding the same speed limit by twice the same. If the second person was traveling at a speed of 35 mph. Find the speed limit
Ans: 15 mph
20. A bus started from bustand at 8.00a m and after 30 min staying at destination, it returned back to the bustand. the destination is 27 miles from the bustand. the speed of the bus 50 percent fast speed. At what time it retur4ns to the bustand
21. In a mixture, R is 2 parts, S is 1 part. in order to make S to 25% of the mixture, how much R is to be added
Ans: one part
22. Wind flows 160 miles in 330 min, for 80 miles how much time required.
Ans: 165 min
23. With 4/5 full tank vehicle travels 12 miles, with 1/3 full tank how much distance travels
Ans: 5 miles
24. A man on a motorcycle rides 110 miles in 330 minutes. What is his average speed in miles per hour?
Ans: 20 miles
25. A stationary engine has enough fuel to move 12 hours when its tank is 4/5 full, how much hours will it run when the tank is 1/3 full
Ans: 5 hours
26. The centre of a storm shifts 22.5 miles in 1 hour. At the same rate what time will it take to move 60 miles?
Ans: 2 2/3 hours
27. A 3 gallon mixture contains one part S and two parts R. In order to change it to mixture containing 25% S, how much R should be added?
Ans: 1 gallon
28. A tree grows only 3/5 as fast as the one beside it. In four years the combined growth of the two trees is eight feet. How much does the shorter tree grow in two years
Ans: Less than 2 feet
29. An ocean liner L miles from port steams toward port at 11 miles per hour. Another ship leaves the same port and steams toward the ocean liner at 1 miles per hour. How many miles away from the port will they meet?
Ans: Between I and J, closer to J
30. There are 150 weights .Some are 1 kg weights and some are 2 kg weights. The sum of the weights is 260.What is the number of 1kg weights?
32. A moves 3 kms east from his starting point . He then travels 5 kms north. From that point he moves 8 kms to the east. How far is A from his starting point?
Ans. 13 kms
33. The sum of the digits of a two digit number is 8. When 18 is added to the number, the digits are reversed. Find the number?
34. The cost of one pencil, two pens and four erasers is Rs.22 while the cost of five pencils, four pens and two erasers is Rs.32.How much will three pencils, three pens and three erasers cost?
35. Fathers age is 5 times his son’s age. 4 years back the father was 9 times older than son. Find the fathers’ present age.
Ans. 40 years
36. What number should be added to or subtracted from each term of the ratio 17 : 24 so that it becomes equal to 1 : 2.
Ans. 10 should be subtracted
37. What is the 12th term of the series 2, 5, 8, ….
38. If 20 men take 15 days to to complete a job, in how many days can 25 men finish that work?
Ans. 12 days
41. In a fraction, if 1 is added to both the numerator at the denominator, the fraction becomes 1/2. If numerator is subtracted from the denominator, the fraction becomes 3/4. Find the fraction.
42. If Rs.1260 is divided between between A, B and C in the ratio 2:3:4, what is C’s share?
Ans. Rs. 560
43. A shopkeeper bought a watch for Rs.400 and sold it for Rs.500.What is his profit percentage?
44. What percent of 60 is 12?
45. Hansie made the following amounts in seven games of cricket in India: Rs.10, Rs.15, Rs.21, Rs.12, Rs.18, Rs.19 and Rs.17(all figures in crores of course). Find his average earnings.
Ans. Rs.16 crore
49. A 3-gallon mixture contains one part S and two parts R. In order to change it to a mixture containing 25% S, how much R should be added?
(a) 1/2 gallon (b) 2/3 gallon (c) 3/4 gallon (d) 1 gallon (e) 1 1/2 gallon
53. If A is traveling at 72 km per hour on a highway. B is traveling at a speed of 25 meters per second on a highway. What is the difference in their speeds in meters per second?
(a) 1/2 m/sec (b) 1 m/sec (c) 1 1/2 m/sec
(d) 2 m/sec (e) 3 m/sec
54. A salesperson by mistake multiplied a number and got the answer as 3, instead of dividing the number by 3. What is the answer he should have actually got?
(a) 0 (b) 1/3 (c) 1 (d) 2 (e) 3
55. If the length of a rectangle is increased by 30% and the width is decreased by 20%, then the area is increased by…
(a) 10% (b) 5% (c) 4% (d) 20% (e) 25%
56. In the class of 40 students, 30 speak Hindi and 20 speak English. What is the lowest possible number of students who speak both the languages?
(a) 5 (b) 20 (c) 15 (d) 10 (e) 30
57. The most economical prices among the following prices is:
(a) 10 kilo for Rs.160
(b) 2 kilo for Rs.30
(c) 4 kilo for Rs.70
(d) 20 kilo for Rs.340
(e) 8 kilo for Rs.130
58. A truck contains 150 small packages, some weighing 1 kg each and some weighing 2 kg each. how many packages weighing 2 kg each are in the truck if the total weight of all the packages is 264 kg?
(a) 36 (b) 52 (c) 88 (d) 124 (e) 114
60. One year ago Pandit was three times his sister’s age. Next year he will be only twice her age. How old will Pandit be after five years?
Ans: 12 years