Current Affairs 2011 August MCQ Question Answers.
1.Who becomes first Indian woman to cross Gobi desert ?
– Sucheta 33 year old women from Pune, has successfully crossed the arduous 1,623 km stretch of the Gobi desert, the largest in Asia and the fifth in the world
2. Iscom along with Elmwood College, St.Andrew’s UK has launched a Post-Graduate course for which sporting event?
Post-graduate programme in golf management
3. Who has been ranked world No.1 in double trap shooting as per the ISSF world rankings?
4. Asia’s largest solar energy park to be hosted by which state ?
– Gujarat would house the largest solar energy park in Asia in two years, with a power production capacity of 500 Mw. This would be set up with an investment of around Rs 8,000 crore flowing from companies such as GMR and Lanco, which have been assigned generation capacities under the Gujarat Solar Mission.
5. Which UK-listed miner gets formal approval from the Indian government for its acquisition of stake in Cairn India?
Vedanta Resources or Vedanta
6. Which Tata group firm is set to open online consumer durables and electronics store?
7. Which company has launched its first Financial Technology Grid to offer services in banking domain?
8. Which computer manufacturer has introduced rupee symbol on desktop computer keyboard, compatible with Microsoft softwares?
9. Which country has approved plans to setup first Tibetian bank?
10. Who has been appointed as consulting head for India at Capgemini?
11. Name the sedan unveiled by Nissan India.
12. Who has been sworn in a Karnataka’s Chief Minister?
D.V.Sadananda Gowda Read More
13. Which molecule has been found in Orion constellation of stars?
1 molecule of Oxygen was found for every million hydrogen molecules
14. Name the version of Media Reader launched by Kingston.
USB 3.0 Media Reader
15. Which bank has launched a service of accepting income tax payment through ATMs?
16. Who has been takes charge as the 23rd chief of the Indian Air Force ?
– N A K Browne
Ace fighter pilot Norman Anil Kumar Browne took over as the 23rd chief of the Indian Air Force from Air Chief Marshal P V Naik, who retired after putting in 42 years of service.
17. Who has joined Gordon Brothers Group as Chief Executive Officer?
18. Which country is all set to shut 40% (800 approx.) of its data centres to reduce hefty technology budget?
19. Which U.S.Secretary met Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J.Jayalalitha recently?
20. Which social networking site has turned 5 years?
21. Who has been named as Sri Lanka’s captain for upcoming Australian series?
22. Which Ace Indian shooter is set to get Khel Ratna?
23. Which missile was recently test-fired successfully at Chandipur, Orrisa?
24. Who is all set to take over as CMD of NMDC?
25. Which company formally opened its assembly plant at Rosslyn, South Africa?
26. Who has been appointed as solicitor-general following the resignation of Gopal Subramaniam?
27. Who became 2nd highest run scorer in Test cricket surpassing Ricky Ponting’s record?
28. Which program of IIM Indore did recently get HRD ministry’s approval?
5-year management program
29. Who won the 1st Hangzhou Women’s Grandmasters Tournament in China?
30. Name the Chairman and CEO of TAFE who has been inducted into the board of AGCO.
31. Who won the 2011 German GP?
32. Which former Australian opening batsman is set to return to competitive cricket (Big Bash League T20)?
33. Which Indian swimmer qualified for the 2012 London Olympics?
34. Which country has launched its new currency?
35. Which singer is all set to perform at the Royal Albert Hall where the first Carnatic music is scheduled in the 116-year history of BBC proms?
36. Which motorcycle has Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Private Ltd. recently launched?
37. Who won the ladies National snooker championship?
38. Who won the 2000th Test cricket held at Lords Cricket Ground?
39. Which frenchman after 25 years won the German Open Tennis tournament?
40. Who won the Indonesian International Challenge badminton championship 2011?
Pusarla Venkata Sindhu
41. Who has been appointed as Lokayukta of Karnataka to succeed Santosh Hegde?
Former Supreme Court Judge Shivraj V.Patil Read More Here
42. Who has been named vice president for Boeing Defence, Space and Security in India?
43. Which Indian tennis player holds career best rank of 62 in the singles list?
44. What is Repo and Reverse Repo rate as on 26th July 2011?
Repo: 8% and Reverse Repo: 7%
45. Which country has agreed for a meeting between its Nobel Laureate, pro-democracy activist Aung Suu Kyi and Minister of Social Welfare U Aung Kyi?
46. Who has been named as the global co-CEO of Standard Chatered Bank’s private equity?
47. Who has been appointed as co-CEO to succeed Management Board chairman, Josef Ackermann?
48. Name the project of Mozilla’s operating system that is set to work on mobile devices and tablets.
Boot to Gecko (B2G)
49. Which business and technology outsourcing services provider has been named in the GlobalServices 100 list for the 5th consecutive year?
50. Which Noida-based hospital running under the brand Ojjus Medicare has got nod for the IPO aggregating to Rs,62 crore?
Goodwill Hospital and Research Center Ltd.
51. Which poets death anniversary would be remembered on 8th August in India?
52. Draft of which anti-corruption bill was approved by Union Cabinet on 28th July 2011?
53. Which of the two Indians were awarded the Ramon Magsaysay Award 2011?
Nileema Mishra for helping the poor and Harish Hande for revolutionizing the use of solar lights
54. Which Operating System celebrated its 30th birthday on July 27th?
DOS (Disk Operating System), 27th July 1981
55. Who has been appointed as national team coach for Argentina’s football team?
56. Which cricketer equalled Sunil Gavaskar’s tally of 34 test hundreds?
Rahul Dravid ‘ The Wall’
57. Who resigned as Chief Minister of Karnataka?
58. Who has been appointed as the New Governor of Tamil Nadu?
– Former Andhra Pradesh chief minister K Rosaiah was appointed as the new Governor of Tamil Nadu on 26 August 2011.
59. Who won the Hungarian Grand Prix 2011?
60. Which Indian qualified for London Olympics 2012 for Short put event?
Om Prakash Singh
61. On which planet has Nasa found the first evidence of flowing water recently?
62. Which service has Yahoo launched to allow users to enjoy full-length movies for free?
63. Who has taken charge as HAL’s Director Corporate Planning and Marketing?
64. Who has been named captain for Women’s Asian Champions Trophy hockey tournament?
65. Which former cricketer also secretary of Bihar Jharkhand Cricket Association passed away due to brain hemorrhage?
66. Which Indian oil gaints are allowed to dig oil at the Gulf of Mannar?
ONGC and Cairn India
67. Name the tablet model launched by Beetel in India.
Beetel Magiq, priced at 9,999
68. Who has been renamed as Indian hockey team’s captain for inaugural Asian Champions Trophy in Ordos, China?
69. Who has been appointed as director for Whirlpool Corporation?
70. Which Bill in India is set to be tabled in Winter Parliament session?
71. What position does India hold in Golf after Nomura Cup?
72. Which Academy Award winner for Best Original Song (for Jai Ho) and the Padma Bhushan recipient turned 75 years?
Sampoorna Singh Kalra (Gulzar)
73. Which art director who had been associated with movies like Raavan, Guru, Rang De Basanti etc. passed away recently?
74. Which company replaced Reliance Industries as most valued company in the elite of 30 companies that constitutes the Sensex?
75. How many from India are set to participate in the World athletics championships to be held in Daegu, Korea from August 27th to September 4th 2011?
8, Men: Renjith Maheswary (triple jump), Om Prakash Singh (shot put), Vikas Gowda (discus), Gurmeet Singh and Babubhai Panucha (20km walk)
Women: Tintu Luka (800m), Mayookha Johny (long jump and triple jump) and Harwant Kaur (discus)
76. Which company will title sponsor for Indian GP to be held on the Buddh International Circuit in Greater Noida on October 30th 2011?
77. Which two industries of Japan are set to merge?
Hitachi and Mitsubishi
78. Which Legendary singer’s 81st birth anniversary was celebrated on 4th August 2011?
79. Parts of which African country is hit by Famine according to United Nations?
80. Which model has Harley-Davidson launched in India priced at Rs.19.7 lakh?
Fat Boy Special
81. Which service did Vodafone roll out in Bangalore recently?
82. Where is the Hockey Asian Champions Trophy is to be held?
83. Name the ex-PM of Ukraine who was arrested recently.
84. Who has become first female prime minister of Thailand?
85. Where is the Folksam Grand Prix meet being held?
What is the downgraded credit rating given by S&P to USA?
86. Which cricketer has been recalled to One-Day match against England after 2 years?
87. Whose maiden century in Twenty20 cricket against Australia set Sri Lanka a 35 run victory?
88. Which South African fast bowler cricketer celebrated his 100th birthday recently?
89. Which Taiwan company has recently launched tablet PCs priced at Rs.15,000?
Micro-Star International (MSI)
90. What is the food inflation as on July 30th 2011?
9.90 per cent
91. Name the Indo-Canadian who has been appointed the president and CEO of the Information Technology Association of Canada (ITAC)?
92. Which car model has Maruti Suzuki set to unveil in the Indian market?
Maruti 800 cc
93. Which three banks are planning a Joint Venture commercial bank in Malaysia?
Bank of Baroda, Andhra Bank and Indian Overseas Bank
94. Who is to replace Arvind Jadhav as Air India chief?
95. Which bollywood actor passed away recently?
96. Which Bank’s net profit dip to about 45% as it disclosed its Q1 earnings?
State Bank of India
97. Who won the ATP Montreal Masters title?
98. Who won the bronze medal at the World Badminton Championship after a gap of 28 years?
Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponappa
99. Name the former NASDAQ MD who has been sentenced to 42 months in prison and has been ordered to forfeit over $700,000 illegal profits made during his role in an insider trading scheme.
100. Which country’s President has called for national government by August 21st 2011?
Nepal, President Dr.Ram Baran
101. Which telecom company increased call tariffs by 20% recently?
102. Which section of education is to be made Universal unlike elementary education in India?
103. What is the West Bengal government planning to setup for medical benefits to remote corner people?
104. Who won his first World Golf Championship title?
105. Who became the first bowler to clinch 6 wickets in a Twenty20 International Cricket?
106. What is the maximum amount that can be withdrawn from a third-party ATM per transaction?
107. Which Indian University recently signed pact with university of Sydney?
108. For which programme an Indian student pursuing her Ph.D in chemical biology from Tata Institute of Fundamental Research chosen?
Sci-finder Academic Exchange Program
109. Which company has launched 3G Tablet priced at Rs.12,999 with special data plans in India?
110. What is the extension period given to RBI Governor D.Subbarao?
2 years (untill Spetember 4th 2013)
111. Which Insurance company is set to sue Bank of America to recover about $10 billion?
AIG (American International Group Inc)
112. Which company has collaborated with Singapore Management University for a R&D facility for cloud-based IT solutions?
113. Which Bank has launced Debit Card with credit limit? Name the card.
IDBI Bank. IDBI Magic Card
114. Who has been appointed as CEO for Bharti Airtel’s broadband and DTH services?
Rajiv Rajagopal for Broadband and data services and Shashi Arora for DTH and media services
115. Who has entered the 2nd round of the World Badminton Championships defeating Germany’s Domke Dieter?
116. Which Indian women cricketer has been suspended from bowling in international cricket for illegal action?
117. Name the project under which all post offices in India are to be provided with Internet connectivity.
India Post Technology Project 2012
118. Which two districts in Karnataka is set to get RAHI airports?
Shimoga and Gulbarga
119. Who is all set to introduce Jan Lokpall Bill as a private member’s bill in LokSabha?
BJP MP Varun Gandhi
120. Who has been appointed as joint Managing Director of Hero MotoCorp (formerly Hero Honda)?
Sunil Kant Munjal
121. Which film director eyes for stake in Indian Premier League team Kochi Tuskers?
122. Expand Infosys. Who logged out as Chief Mentor and Chairman from the IT giant Infosys on Friday 19th August 2011?
Information System. N.R. Narayana Murthy
123. Which company has launched Android tablet priced at Rs.6,250?
LACS (Lakshmi Access Communications Systems)
124. Which consumer major has launched online game and mobile app to promote corporate awareness?
125. Who won the Cincinnati Masters title held at Ohio recently?
126. Who won his first US PGA Tour title at the Wyndham Championship?
127. Which Bank has sought support of Rs.300 crore from the Government to fund business growth?
128. Who surpassed Sunil Gavaskar’s record of 34 hundreds in Test Cricket recently?
129. Where and at which event was Jon ‘Eggman’ Egging a British pilot killed recently?
Near Bournemouth Airport in Dorset. At an Airshow in Britain
130. Which Indian city turns 372 today (22nd August 2011)?
131. Name the Marxist historian and Indologist who passed away recently.
Ram Sharan Sharma
132. Which feature has Google launched as music blog for users of Google Music Beta?
133. Name the deposit scheme that Indian Bank has launched for people under the financial inclusion plan.
Variable Recurring Deposit Scheme
134. Who won the Test series against India by an Innings and 8 runs, termed to be as worst performance since 1959?
135. Who became the first bowler to take three hatricks in one-day cricket?
136. Who was honoured with Degree of Doctor of Science (Honoris Causa) from IIT – Kharagpur?
Sunil Bharti Mittal
137. Who won the woman’s Cincinnati WTA Title?
138. Who won the mens doubles Cincinnati WTA Title?
Leander Peas and Mahesh Bhupathi
139. Name the President of Standard and Poor chief who quit recently.
140. Who becomes the first woman to conquer 14,800 metre summit (K2) without artificial oxygen?
Austrian climber Gerlinde Kaltenbrunner
141. Which Hollywood studio has made some of its film available online as rentals at social networking site Facebook?
142. Name the new variant car launched by Tata motors.
143. Name the mouse launched by LG recently. Mention its additional feature.
144. Who has been named as CEO of Apple post Steve Jobs resignation?
145. Who has been appointed as chairman of the Board of Directors of Press Trust of India?
146. Which ace Indian football player retired recently?
- Data Entry Operators Exam 2013 All details
- Data Entry Operators Aptitude Question Paper
- Data Entry Operators Reasoning Question Paper
- Data Entry Operators General English Question Paper
- Data Entry Operators Question Paper Study Materials.