TET Principles of Language Teaching and Learning Teacher Eligibility Test.
Paradigms of organizing Learning-Teacher centric, Subject centric and Learner centric
– Teaching as Planned activity – Elements of Planning
– Phases of Teaching – Pre active, Interactive and Post active
– General and Subject related skills, competencies required in teaching and attributes of
– Learning resources – Self, Home, School, Community, Technology
– Concept, Nature of Learning – input – process – outcome
– Factors of Learning – Personal and Environmental
– Approaches to Learning and their applicability–Behaviourism (Skinner, Pavlov,
Thorndike), Constructivism (Piaget, Vygotsky), Gestalt(Kohler, Koffka) and
– Dimensions of Learning – Cognitive, Affective and Performance
– Motivation and Sustenance –its role in learning.
– Memory & Forgetting
Open the door please. Can/could you open the door?
Will you open the door please? Would you mind opening the door please?
Would you oopen the door please? Would you be so kind enough to open the door?
I am leaving İzmir now. (at the moment of speaking)
I am leaving İzmir tomorrow.(It is going to take place tomorrow)
(The same form but different meanings and functions).
18. Items that are similar to language itemsin the student’s own language will be easy to learn in the case of differences between the native language and the target language learning will be more difficult. Consequently more time and practice will be needed. There is a transfer theory (Audio Lingual Approach). Foreign students transfer. He uses his L1 habits in learning and using L2. ıf two points are similar in L1 and L2 they are easy to learn. If two points are different such things are difficult to learn. They constitute problems. Two kinds of mother tongue interference:
- • positive interference
- • negative interference.