CTET-Mumbai November 2012 Child Development and Pedagogy Paper I.
Central Teacher Eligibility Test CTET-Mumbai November 2012 Child Development and Pedagogy Paper I For (Class I to V CTET CDP Paper I in Hindi and English Language
Which one of the following is most crucial factor for a differently abled child?
( 1) Controlling his/her behaviour
(2) Improving his/her grades
(3) Enhancing his/her skills
( 4) Reducing his/her suffering
2. Which one of the following could cause learning disability ?
( 1) Cultural variation
(2) Prenatal drug use
(3) Aptitude of teacher
(4) Apathy shown by peers
3. Which is the incorrect way to support the language development ?
( 1) Letting the child talk uninterruptedly on a topic.
(2) Disapproving the use of their own language.
(3) Supporting initiation taken by children.
4) Providing opportunities for using language.
4. · For most of the right-handed people, the left hemisphere of the brain handles
( 1) spatial-visual information
( 4) movement of left arm
5.Which one of the following is an issue related to development ?
(1) Congenital – Acquired
(2) Natural – Nutritional
(3) Nature – Nurture
(4) Scholastic – Co-scholastic
6. Which one of ~e following is not a part of Piaget’ s pre-operational stage except
( 1) Egocentricism
( 4) Conservation
7. Which on~ of the following is a part of Piaget’ s concrete operational stage except
( 1) Reversibility
(2) Inductive reasoning
(3) Spatial thinking
( 4) Lack of conservation
8. Which one of the following is not a part of Sternberg’s triarchic theory of intelligence ?
(1) Analytical intelligence
(2) Practical intelligence
(3) Spatial intelligence
(4) Creative intelligence
9. All of the following are examples of . intelligence tests excluding
(1) Stanford Binet
(2) Welchsler- Binet
(3) Baylay Scales
( 4) Rorschach test
10. The achievement motivation of children may be strengthened by
( 1) Telling them moral stories
(2) Praising them regardless of their perfomiance
(3) Assigning them responsibility to handle
(4) Telling them that it is only the scores that matter in getting decent job
11. Students are naturally motivated to
(1) seek simple tasks
(2) explore novelty
(3) seek continuous struggle
( 4) commit mistakes
12. The most important factor for improving the quality of education in India may be
(1) upgrading the professional capacity of teachers by training and supervising.
(2) focusing assessments exclusively on higher order thinking skills.
(3) following a pan – India curriculum throughout the country.
(4) increasing the frequency of external examination to twice a year.
13. Formative Assessment may be a
(2) post test
(3) both (1) and (2)
(4) only either (1) or only (2)
14. The following categories affect
( 4) language
15. Seema may be more ___ than
( 1) feminine
(3) both (1) and (2)
(4) either (1) or (2)
16. Schools while dealing with poverty stricken children must
(1) attach greater importance to curricular activities by segregating them for better attention.
(2) expect them to possess high standards of behaviour.
(3) have a zero tolerance of excuses for not attending schools regularly.
( 4) provide students appropriate training to develop skills to strengthen their self-esteem.
17. The term “disabled children” refers to
(1) all children with sensory, physical impairments
(2) all children with emotional difficulties and intellectual impairments
(3) both (1) and (2)
(4) either (1) or (2)
18. Which of the following Article of the Constitution has been affected after notification of the Right to Free and
Compulsory Education Act-2009?
19. The use of teacher made tests may be preferred over standardised tests for assessing the performance of
disadvantaged students as
(1) standardised tests are given to only those students who come from higher strata of society. •
(2) standardised tests do not take into account the special needs of disadvantaged group.
(3) standardised tests have large errors of measurement.
( 4) standardised tests are focussed on rote memory.
20. The early identification of special children is important to
(1) prevent secondary disabilities
(2) discourage their self-efforts to be at par with normal children
(3) persuade them to attend special schools
( 4) help them to cope with their special status
21. Which one of the principles facilitates education? following inclusive
(1) Children with IQ 80 and above can learn and benefit from normal education.
(2) Special children if included in normal classroom further lag behind as performance of the
other students will frustrate them.
(3) Individual differences in students is a major problem for a general teacher.
( 4) The views of students should be given due importance.
22. The following are the instructional strategies except
( 1) Contextualizing instruction
(2) Providing learner control of instruction
(3) Observing patiently the activities of students done by them during learning
( 4) Assessing learning
23. Misbehaviour at school· may reflect the to ·
( 1) urge; wield power
(2) need; establish social identity
(3) desire; leave school
(4) pressure; relieve the bottled up feelings
24. Problem Solving is not
( 1) goal directed
(2) a skill that can be learned and practiced
(3) about numerical ability
( 4) based on the understanding and use of sequenced steps
25. The doininant element of emotion is
( 1) · feeling
26. Which of the following statements about emotions is incorrect ?
( 1) Emotional development is an orderly process in which complex emotions unfold from simpler ones.
(2) Because emotions are subjective, they are difficult to study.
(3) Emotions depend on consciousness.
( 4) Learning theorists explain emotions in terms of how they serve people’s survival and well-being.
27. Abhimanyu, a student from economically weaker section takes 1 admission in class IV of a public
school under RTE-Act. After some time co-students of Abhimanyu start bullying him for his poor background. As a teacher what should you do in this situation if you are following the Kohlberg Theory of Moral Development ?
1. Convey it to students that they will be punished if they continue bullying Abhimanyu.
2.Counsel students about accepting Abhimanyu as their fellow students.
3.Ask Abhimanyu to avoid the students who bully him.
4. Request principal to arrange a decent dress and pair of shoes for Abhimanyu.
28. Which of the following skills should be stressed more for mentally underdeveloped children ?
(1) Communicative skills
(2) Numerical skills
(3) Adaptation skills
(4) Life skills
29. Visually challenged students will get maximum support if
(1) their learning takes place through talks delivered by teachers.
(2) their survival strategies are strengthened.
(3) their social skills are enhanced to get maximum support from peers.
( 4) software assisted Braille script is taught.
30. Special education
( 1) caters to the need of all students.
(2) caters to the need of general teachers.
(3) helps differently abled students to master a skill.
(4) helps differently abled students to relate with others in a better way.