General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC) Recruitment 2017, In the General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC) Recruitment 2017, Current Govt. Jobs for Scale I Officer (Assistant Manager Scale I) at the General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC) Recruitment 2017.
GIC Recruitment 2017 Scale I Officer (Assistant Manager Scale I) Vacancies
- General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC) Recruitment 2017 Scale I Officer (Assistant Manager Scale I) Posts February 2017, General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC) Recruitment 2017 have been decided to recruit Scale I Officer (Assistant Manager Scale I) Posts Advertisement Date 18th March 2017.
Important Dates which candidate should remember when applying General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC) Recruitment 2017 as follows.
GIC Recruitment 2017 Important Dates :
|Commencement of on-line registration of application||08/03/2017|
|Closure of registration of application||27/03/2017|
|Closure for editing application details||27/03/2017|
|Last date for printing your application||11/04/2017|
|Online Fee Payment||08/03/2017 to 27/03/2017|
Probably you are waiting for this General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC) Recruitment 2017 Notification you can apply online General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC) Recruitment 2017 posts Scale I Officer (Assistant Manager Scale I).
>> General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC) Recruitment 2017 Vacancies Details
|Name of the Posts|
Number of Posts
|Scale I Officer (Assistant Manager Scale I)|
GIC Recruitment 2017 Stream wise Vacancy Details :
Name of Stream
Number of Posts
|Agricultural/ Horticulture Science|
|Information & Technology|
GIC Recruitment 2017 Category wise Vacancy Details :
Vacancies (including backlog/shortfall vacancies) :-
Backlog/shortfall vacancies detailed as under have been included in the above mentioned total vacancies:-
Job Location : All India
- For the post of Scale I Officer (Assistant Manager Scale I) – Indian.
GIC Recruitment 2017 Eligibility :
Now the question is who can apply the General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC) Recruitment 2017 Job, -Well those are planning to apply for this / these Scale I Officer (Assistant Manager Scale I) Posts should have the following minimum eligibility criteria. Also Check the Advertisement Details.
Name of Stream
|Legal||LLB / B.L||LLM/Experience|
|Agricultural/ Horticulture Science||B.Sc. – Agriculture / Horticulture||M.Sc. – Agriculture / Horticulture|
|Hindi||Post Graduate in Hindi with English as one of the subjects in Graduation or Post Graduate in English with Hindi as one of the subjects in Graduation.||Certification in Translation work or work experience in translation|
|Civil Engineer||BE Civil|
|Marine Engineering||BE/B Tech (Marine)|
|Aeronautical Engineering||BE/B Tech (Aeronautical)|
|Information & Technology||B.E. / B. Tech. Engineer/MCA/IT/ Computer Science||*Desirable skill set mentioned below|
|Medical (MBBS)||MBBS||Underwriting experience in Life/ health Ins. Industry.|
|Actuarial||Graduate in any discipline with atleast 60% marks for General & OBC candidates and atleast 55% marks for SC/ST candidates Passed 7 papers of Institute of Actuaries of India or Institute & Faculty of Actuaries, London, out of which CT6 is compulsory|
|Company Secretary||CS/CS INTER|
|Executive PA||Graduate||Stenography/MS Office Certification|
For General Stream a candidate must possess the minimum qualification of a Graduate/Post Graduate in any discipline from a recognized University with atleast 60% marks in either of the degree examination for General & OBC candidates and atleast 55% marks for SC/ST candidates.
For Specialist Stream, a candidate must possess the minimum qualification in the relevant discipline from a recognized University with atleast 60% marks in either of the degree examination for General & OBC candidates and atleast 55% marks for SC/ST candidates OR any equivalent qualification recognised as such by Central Government with the prescribed benchmark.
In case of Specialist streams wherein the essential qualification required is CA/ICWA/CS/ CS Inter, the candidates must be a graduate in any discipline with atleast 60% marks for General & OBC candidates and atleast 55% marks for SC/ST candidates and passed CA/ICWA/CS/CS Inter.
Desirable Skill set for IT stream :
|Operating System||Windows/ Linux|
|Networking||LAN/WAN/ Wireless using CISCO|
|DBA (RDBMS)||Oracle/ SQL Server|
|Application Development||SAP ERP, SAP Business Intelligence, Business Objects, ASP/ JSP|
|Web designing||HTML CSS, PHP, Apache, MySQL Joomla. Web Services, XML|
GIC Recruitment 2017 Age Limit (As on 27.03.2017) :
- Minimum 21 years
- Maximum 30 years
Candidate should have been born not earlier than 27.03.1987 and not later than 26.03.1996 both days inclusive.
GIC Recruitment 2017 Age Relaxation :
|Schedule Caste / Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|Other Backward Class (eligible for reservation)||3 years|
|Person with Disability||10 Years|
|Ex-Servicemen / Disabled Ex-Servicemen||Actual period of service rendered in the defence forces + 3 years (8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 45 years|
|Widows, Divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried||9 years|
|Persons ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 1-1-80 to 31-12-89||5 years|
|Existing Confirmed Employees of Public Sector General Insurance Companies (including GIC & Agriculture Insurance Company of India Ltd.)||8 years|
- (i) In case of a candidate who is eligible for relaxation under more than one of the above categories, the age relaxation will be available on a cumulative basis subject to the maximum age not exceeding 45 years
- (ii) Candidates seeking age relaxation will be required to submit copies of necessary certificate(s) and produce the original certificate(s) for verification.
DEFINITION OF EX-SERVICEMEN (EXSM)
- (i) EX-SERVICEMEN (EXSM): Only those candidates shall be treated as Ex-servicemen who fulfil the revised definition as laid down in Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs, Department of Personnel & Administrative Reforms Notification No.36034/5/85 Estt. (SCT) dated 27.01.1986 as amended from time to time.
- (ii). DISABLED EX-SERVICEMEN (DISXS): Ex-servicemen who while serving in Armed Forces of the union were disabled in operation against the enemy or in disturbed areas shall be treated as DISXS.
DEFINITION OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
Under Section 33 of the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995 only such persons would be eligible for reservation who suffer from not less than 40% of relevant disability and are certified by a Medical Board appointed by the Central/State Govt. Accordingly, candidates with the following disabilities are eligible to apply:-
Visually Impaired (VI)
- Blindness refers to condition where a person suffers from any of the following conditions namely (1) Total absence of sight (ii) Visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (Snellen) in the better eye with correcting lenses (iii) Limitation of the field of vision subtending in angle of 20 degrees or worse.
- Low vision means a person with impairment of visual functioning even after treatment or standard refractive correction but who uses or is potentially capable of using vision for the planning of execution of a task with appropriate assistive device.
Deaf & Hearing Impaired (HI)
- The deaf are those persons in whom the sense of hearing is non-functional for ordinary purposes of life i.e. total loss of hearing in both ears. They do not hear; understand sounds at all even with amplified speech. Hearing impairment means loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies.
Orthopaedically Challenged (OC)
- Locomotor Disability means disability of bones, joints or muscles leading to substantial restriction of the movement of the limbs or any form of cerebral palsy. Cerebral Palsy means a group of non-progressive conditions of person characterized by abnormal motor control posture resulting from brain insult or injuries occurring in the pre-natal, peri-natal or infant period of development. All the cases of Orthopaedically Challenged Persons would be covered under the category of ‘Locomotor disability or cerebral palsy’.
GIC Recruitment 2017 Pay Scale [Salary] :
- Basic Pay Rs.32,795/- per month in the scale of Rs.32795 -1610(14) – 55335 -1745(4) – 62315 and other admissible allowances like DA, HRA, CCA, etc. The total emoluments will be about Rs.49,500/- p.m. plus other benefits which are New Pension Scheme and Newspaper /Internet Allowance Leave Travel Subsidy, Medical Benefits, Personal Accident cover, housing and vehicles loans with subsidized interests, and interest free advances for festival, natural calamities and any other benefits as per rules and on confirmation of service in the Corporation. The officers are also entitled for Corporation’s / leased accommodation as per norms. (Presently Corporation owned accommodations are not available, whereas lease accommodation will be permitted as per norms). The present lease accommodation limits at Mumbai is Rs.20,000/- per month.
- GIC Re provides excellent opportunity for career growth in the highly specialized area under which the Corporation is operating, through training and development interventions within the country as well as overseas
GIC Recruitment 2017 Application Fees :
- Non refundable amount of Rs. 500/- as Processing and Examination fees. (Rupees Five Hundred Only) has to be paid on line only as per instruction given in above website upon completion of registration and application. (Candidates belonging to SC/ST category and PH candidates and the employees of GIC and GIPSA Member Companies are exempted from the fees).
GIC Recruitment 2017 Mode of Application Fees :
- Demand Draft/ Money Order / Postal Order or any other mode of payment is not acceptable.
How to Apply Online GIC Recruitment 2017 ?
A. Application Procedure :
- 1. Candidates to go to the Corporation’s website http://www.gicofindia.in click on the option “APPLY ONLINE” which will open a new screen.
- 2. To register application, choose the tab “Click here for New Registration” and enter Name, Contact details and Email-id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
- 3. In case the candidate is unable to complete the application form in one go, he / she can save the data already entered by choosing “SAVE AND NEXT” tab. Prior to submission of the online application candidates are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required. Visually Impaired candidates should fill the application form carefully and verify/ get the details verified to ensure that the same are correct prior to final submission.
- 4. All the information given by the candidate in the application is treated as final and no correction is allowed after the final submission. Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
- 5. The Name of the candidate and his /her Father/ Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application and should be the same as it appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets as well as on the photo id. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- 6. Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the ‘Validate your details’ and ‘Save & Next’ button.
- 7. Candidates can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature detailed under point “C”.
- 8. Candidates can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
- 9. Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
- 10. Modify details, if required, and click on ‘FINAL SUBMIT’ ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
- 11. Click on ‘Payment’ Tab and proceed for payment.
- 12. Click on ‘Submit’ button.
B. Payment of Fees (Online Mode Only) :
- 1. The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions.
- 2. The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
- 3. After submitting your payment information in the online application form, PLEASE WAIT FOR THE INTIMATION FROM THE SERVER. DO NOT PRESS BACK OR REFRESH BUTTON IN ORDER TO AVOID DOUBLE CHARGE
- 4. On successful completion of the transaction, an e-receipt will be generated.
- 5. Non-generation of ‘E-receipt’ indicates PAYMENT FAILURE. On failure of payment, Candidates are advised to login again using their Provisional Registration Number and Password and repeat the process of payment.
- 6. Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-receipt and online Application Form. Please note that if the same cannot be generated, online transaction may not have been successful.
- 7. For Credit Card users: All charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non-Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates.
- 8. To ensure the security of your data, please close the browser window once your transaction is completed.
There is facility to print application form containing fee details after payment of fees
Guidelines for Photograph & Signature Scan and Upload
- IN CASE THE FACE IN THE PHOTOGRAPH OR SIGNATURE IS UNCLEAR, THE APPLICATION MAY BE REJECTED.
- CANDIDATE MAY EDIT THE APPLICATION AND RE-UPLOAD THE PHOTOGRAPH/ SIGNATURE IN SUCH CASE.
- Photograph must be a recent passport size colour picture.
- The picture should be in colour, against a light-coloured, preferably white, background. Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face.
- If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh shadows.
- If you have to use flash, ensure there’s no “red-eye”.
- If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen.
- Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face. Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred).
- Size of file should be between 20kb-50kb.
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50KB. If the size of the file is more than 50KB, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, no. of colours etc., during the process of scanning.
SIGNATURE IMAGE :
- The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
- The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
- The Signature will be used to put on the attendance sheet and wherever necessary.
- The Applicant’s signature obtained on the call letter and attendance sheet at the time of the examination should match the uploaded signature. In case of mismatch, the candidate may be disqualified.
- Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred). • Size of file should be between 10kb —20kb.
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 20KB.
SCANNING THE PHOTOGRAPH & SIGNATURE
- Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch). Set Color to True Color
- File Size as specified above.
- Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature, then use the upload editor to crop the image to the final size (as specified above).
- The image file should be JPG or JPEG format. An example file name is: image01 .jpg or image01 .jpeg Image dimensions can be checked by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon. Candidates using MS Windows/MS Office can easily obtain photo and signature in .jpeg format not exceeding 50KB & 20KB respectively by using MS Paint or MS Office Picture Manager. Scanned photograph and signature in any format can be saved in .jpg format by using ‘Save As’ option in the File menu and size can be reduced below 50KB (photograph) & 20KB (signature) by using crop and then resize option [Please see point “C‟ above for the pixel size] in the ‘Image’ menu. Similar options are available in other photo editor also.
If the file size and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be displayed. While filling in the Online Application Form the candidate will be provided with a link to upload his photograph and signature.
Procedure for Uploading the Photograph and Signature
- There will be two separate links for uploading Photograph and Signature.
- Click on the respective link “Upload Photograph / Signature”.
- Browse & Select the location where the Scanned Photo/ Signature file has been saved.
- Select the file by clicking on it.
- Click the ‘Upload’ button
GIC Recruitment 2017 Selection Process :
- The selection for the above post shall be on the basis of shortlisting of the candidates based on Written Test and performance in Group Discussion and interview. The total marks for Written Test, Group Discussion and Interview will be 200.
- Competitive online examination will be held tentatively in the month of April/May, 2017.The candidate may choose any one of the following centres, which must be indicated in the Application Format clearly. Corporation also reserves the right to hold the written examination at some and not all the examination centres listed below depending upon the number of candidates and other relevant factors.
IMPORTANT : THE CANDIDATE CAN APPLY ONLY FOR ONE STREAM OF HIS /HER CHOICE.
GIC Recruitment 2017 Advertisement Notification
GIC Recruitment 2017 Contact Details :
Registered and Head Office”Suraksha”,
170, Jamshedji Tata Road, Churchgate,
Mumbai – 400 020
Tel.: (Board): +91 22 2286 7000