India Post Office Gramin Dak Sevaks Recruitment 2017
The Department of Posts (DoP), trading as India Post, is a government-operated postal system in India. Generally referred to within India as “the post office”, it is the most widely distributed postal system in the world. The postal service is under the Department of Posts, which is part of the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology of the Government of India.
As of 31 March 2015, the Indian Postal Service had 154,939 post offices, of which 139,222 (89.86%) were in rural areas and 15,826 (10.14%) in urban areas. It had 25,560 departmental Post Offices and 129,379 Gramin Dak Sevak, Branch Post Offices. On average, a post office serves an area of 21.22 square kilometres (8.19 sq mi) and a population of 8,054. Because of its reach and presence in remote areas, the Indian postal service is also involved in other services such as small-savings banking and financial services.
The country has been divided into 22 postal circles, each circle headed by a Chief Postmaster General. Each circle is divided into regions, headed by a Postmaster General and comprising field units known as Divisions. These divisions are further divided into subdivisions. In addition to the 22 circles, there is a base circle to provide postal services to the Armed Forces of India headed by a Director General. The highest post office in the world is in Hikkim, Himachal Pradesh operated by India Post at a height of 15,500 ft (4,700 m).
India Post Office Recruitment 2017 – Apply Online For 20969 Gramin Dak Sevaks Vacancies
A job notification in regard to Department of Posts Recruitment has been strewed by Department of Posts. Capable and Motivated Individuals have to submit the form through online mode for the 20969 vacant posts of Gramin Dak Sevak before the end date which is 10th June 2017.
Candidates who satisfy the essential requirements for the Department of Posts Jobs & can gain other relevant details about Department of Posts Recruitment 2017 from this page that is well structured by the team of http://www.oldquestionpapers.net/.
[box title=”Important Links…..”]
- Current Affairs MCQ
- Latest Govt. Jobs 2019-20
- Higher studies Exam
- Previous Year Question Papers Answer
- Books and Stydy Materials
- University Admission 2019-20
India Post Office Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment 2017 www.indiapost.gov.in
|Name of the Recruiter||India Post Office|
|Name of the Post||Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS)|
|Total Number of Posts||20969|
|Job Location||All Over India|
|Application Fees||Rs. 100/- (One Hundred Only)|
|Last Date For Apply Online Before||10th June 2017|
|Official Website URL||https://www.indiapost.gov.in/|
|Apply Online Link||http://www.appost.in/gdsonline/Home.aspx|
India Post Office Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment 2017 Total Vacancy Details
India Post Office Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment 2017 Eligiblity :
Now the question is who can apply the India Post Office Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment 2017 Job, -Well those are planning to apply for this / these Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) Posts should have the following minimum eligibility criteria. Also Check the Advertisement Details.
India Post Office Recruitment 2017 Education Qualification :
The candidate should pass 10th standard from approved state boards by the respective State Govt. / Central Govt. The state wise list of approved boards is at Annexure ‘A’. No weightage will be given for possessing any qualification(s) higher than the mandatory educational qualification. The Candidate passed Xth class examination in first attempt will be treated as meritorious against those passed compartmentally.
India Post Office Recruitment 2017 Computer Knowledge :
The candidate should have computer knowledge and will be required to furnish basic computer training certificate for at least 60 days from a recognized Computer Training Institute. Certificates from Central Government/ State Government/ University/ Boards etc., will also be acceptable for this purpose. This requirement of basic computer knowledge certificate shall be relaxable in cases where a candidate has studied computer as a subject in Class X or Class XII or higher educational qualification provided the candidate submits a certificate of Class X or Class XII or higher educational qualification in which he/she has studied computer as a subject.
India Post Office Recruitment 2017 Residence :
The candidate selected for the post of GDS BPM must mandatorily take up his/her residence in the Branch Post Office village within one month after selection but before engagement as Gramin Dak Sevak Branch Postmaster. The candidate shall submit a declaration to this effect in the application. The candidate selected for the post of other than GDS BPM should reside in post village/delivery jurisdiction.
India Post Office Recruitment 2017 Adequate Means of Livelihood :
The candidate applying for the post shall note that he/ she will have adequate means of livelihood to support himself/ herself and his/ her family from other sources so as to have to supplement his/her income. However, this shall not be a pre requisite for candidates for the purpose. Selected candidate shall be required to comply with this condition within 30 days after selection but before engagement. The candidate shall furnish an undertaking in the application itself that he/ she has other sources of income besides the allowances to be paid by the Government for adequate means of livelihood for himself/ herself and his/her family. The candidate after selection as Gramin Dak Sevak shall have to give the undertaking again before engagement.
India Post Office Recruitment 2017 Furnishing of Security :
The candidate applying for the post shall note that he/she shall furnish security amount of Rs. 25,000/- in the event of his/her engagement for the post of BPM and Rs. 10,000/- for other categories. The security shall be in the form of Fidelity Guarantee bond or National Savings Certificate pledged to the Department of Posts in the name of the President of India.
India Post Office Recruitment 2017 Accommodation For Locating Branch Post Office:
The candidate selected for the engagement of BPM shall have to provide centrally located accommodation in the Branch Post Office village within 30 days for use as Post Office premises and the expenditure of the hiring if any needs to be borne by the candidates.
A. No person holding an elective office will be considered for engagement to the post.
B. The candidate selected as Gramin Dak Sevak shall not engage in any activity with any outside agency which would be detrimental to the business or interest of the Post Office.
C. Past experience or service of any kind will not be considered for selection.
D. Cycling knowledge is a pre-requisite condition for GDS posts attached with outdoor duties.
E. A Gramin Dak Sevak shall be outside the Civil Service of the Union and governed by GDS (Conduct and Engagement) Rules 2011 as amended from time to time.
How to Apply India Post Office Recruitment 2017 ?
Candidate who desires to apply online will have to register himself in the portal through https://indiapost.gov.in or https://appost.in/gdsonline with the basic details to obtain the Registration Number.
1. For registering the candidature, the candidate should have the following essential data.
- (i) Name (In capital letter as per X class certificate Marks Memo including spaces)
- (ii) Father Name
- (iii) Mobile Number
- (iv) Date of Birth
- (v) Gender
- (vi) Community
- (vii) PH – Type of Disability – (HH/OH/VH)- Percentage of disability
- (viii) State in which Xth class passed
- (ix) Board in which Xth class passed
- (x) Year of Passing Xth class
- (xi) Xth Class Certificate Number
2. Any candidate will be allowed to register only one time in the portal. With this registration number he may apply to any of the Circles or any number of optional posts. Candidate should not attempt willful duplicate registrations since duplicate registration entitles disqualification of the registration.
[toggle title=”Click Here and Get Latest Previous Year Question Papers and 10 Years Solution Papers”]
[call_to_action color=”red” button_text=”View Details” button_url=”http://www.oldquestionpapers.net/2012/07/tnpsc-vao-question-papers-answers-previous-year-paper.html”]
TNPSC Previous Year VAO Question Papers Answers Free Download 2017
[call_to_action color=”red” button_text=”View Details” button_url=”http://www.oldquestionpapers.net/2012/05/tnpsc-group-4-question-papers-answer-previous-years-old-papers.html”]
TNPSC Group IV Question Papers Answer Previous Years Papers 2017
[call_to_action color=”red” button_text=”View Details” button_url=”http://www.oldquestionpapers.net/2013/07/net-csir-previous-year-question-papers-answers.html”]
NET CSIR Previous Year Question Papers Answers Last 10 Years Paper with Solution
[call_to_action color=”red” button_text=”View Details” button_url=”http://www.oldquestionpapers.net/2013/06/wb-set-previous-year-question-papers.html”]
WB SET Previous Year Question Papers
[call_to_action color=”red” button_text=”View Details” button_url=”http://www.oldquestionpapers.net/2013/06/gate-previous-year-question-papers-answers.html”]
GATE Previous Year Question Papers Answers Solution Last 10 Years Paper
[call_to_action color=”red” button_text=”View Details” button_url=”http://www.oldquestionpapers.net/2013/05/mp-pet-previous-year-question-paper.html”]
MP PET Previous Year Question Papers Answers 2017
[call_to_action color=”red” button_text=”View Details” button_url=”http://www.oldquestionpapers.net/2011/11/assam-tet-2017-question-paper-previous-year-old-papers-www-ssaassam-gov-in.html”]
Assam TET Previous Year Question Papers Answers 2017
[call_to_action color=”red” button_text=”View Details” button_url=”http://www.oldquestionpapers.net/2011/11/vitmee-2017-question-paper-previous-year-old-past-papers.html”]
VITMEE Previous Year Question Papers Answers 2017
India Post Office Recruitment 2017 Mode Of Selection :
1. Selection will be made as per the automatic generated merit list as per the rules based on the candidates online submitted applications.
2. No weightage will be given for higher educational qualification. Only marks obtained in 10th standard of approved Boards aggregated to percentage to the accuracy of 4 decimals will be the criteria for finalizing the selection. Passing of all the subjects as per the respective approved board norms is mandatory for taking candidate into account for calculating the merit.
3. In case candidates get the same marks, the merit order would be taken as DOB(higher age as merit), ST female, SC female, OBC female, UR female, ST Male, SC Male, OBC male, UR male.
4. Candidate can opt any five choice of posts with preference of priority from the Circle/Circles applied. In case if the candidate is selected in all choices the lowest priority preference will be retained and all other candidatures will be forfeited. Ex : If a candidate opts for five posts with preference post1, post2, post3, post4, post5 etc and selected as meritorious in more than one post, the post in the order of preference will be offered and the candidature for all the remaining posts will be forfeited.
5. In case candidate willfully uploads wrong documents/information and unnecessary documents, his candidature will not be considered. Similarly in case the candidate enter marks erroneously either high or low with reference to marks list uploaded then the candidature will also not be considered.
6. The candidate will get an SMS on his provisional selection on the prescribed date after selection. Mere getting SMS or any other communication on selection will not entitle the candidate to claim for regular selection/appointment. The final selection/appointment will be based on satisfactory completion of verification and genuineness of all educational & other documents produced by the candidates by the concerned authorities.
- (a) Department is not responsible for non-receipt of email/SMS by the candidate due to any specific reason or without any reason arising out of providers services and other dependencies. However, a physical communication in regard to provisional selection intimation will be sent by respective recruiting authorities in due course as per the selection procedure.
- (b) Applicants submitted applications without complete data will also be rejected from consideration.
7. Candidate can view his/her result status in the website by providing the reference number till the results are announced. once results are declared and post is filled, it can be viewed in the results status which provides all details of the candidates applied for that post.
India Post Office Recruitment 2017 Payment Of Fees :
1. Applicant of category OC/OBC Male should pay a fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred) at any Head Post Office. Candidate who requires to make the payment has to visit any Head Post Office to make the payment. For making the payment candidate should inform Registration Number at the PO Counter.
2. However, fee payment is exempted for all Female and SC/ST candidates. They may apply online directly through the provided link in the Website.
3. For applying online candidate should submit the application by providing information of Registration Number (and Fee payment Number once, in case of fee to be paid) to proceed to fill up the subsequent information. Documents once uploaded against one registration number will remain in the server hence for submission of subsequent posts or for other Circles, candidates need not upload any documents further. The candidates need to upload documents in the following format.
Name of the Document
|Uploading file format||Permitted file size||
Is the upload mandatory or not
|SSC Marks Memo / Certificate||.jpg/.jpeg||200kb; not exceeding A4 size||Mandatory|
|Additional SSC Marks Memo1(for candidate not qualified in single attempt)||.jpg/.jpeg||200kb; not exceeding A4 size||Not Mandatory|
|Additional SSC Marks Memo2(for candidate not qualified in single attempt having more than two marks memo)||.jpg/.jpeg||600kb; not exceeding A4 size||Not Mandatory. Marks memos more than two need to upload once here|
|Computer Certificate||.jpg/.jpeg||200kb; not exceeding A4 size||Not Mandatory – May be submitted to the appointing authority at the time of appointment if got selected|
|Community Certificate||.jpg/.jpeg||200kb; not exceeding A4 size||Mandatory for all categories except for Un Reserved category. OBC Certificate should be in the form of CG approved creamy layer Certificate|
|Photo||.jpg/.jpeg||50kb; 200×230 pixels preferable||Mandatory|
|Signature||.jpg/.jpeg||50kb; 200×230 pixels preferable||Mandatory|
The appointing authority of each post reserves the right to modify or cancel the notification of a post at any time without assigning any reason.
This document is computer generated no signature is required. For enquires candidates may mail to email@example.com.
India Post Office Recruitment 2017 Contact Details :
[box title=”Contact Details”]
For any queries, please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Websites URL : https://indiapost.gov.in or https://appost.in/gdsonline