GATE Chemical Engineering (CH) Previous Year Question Paper 2015
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2015 Chemical Engineering (CH) Previous year question paper with answers GATE Chemical Engineering (CH) 2015 Question with solution you can download it in FREE, if GATE Chemical Engineering (CH) 2015 paper in text or pdf for GATE Chemical Engineering (CH) 2015 Answer Keys you can download GATE 2015 page also just Go to menu bar, Click on File->then Save.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2015 Chemical Engineering (CH) Previous year question paper Free Download PDF is available in www.oldquestionpapers.net which has been provided by many students this GATE 2015 paper is available for all the students in FREE and also GATE Chemical Engineering (CH) Previous year question paper 2015 fully solved GATE with answer keys and solution.
GATE Chemical Engineering (CH) Question Papers 2015
You can get daily updates on GATE 2015 from www.oldquestionpapers.net here you can also check similar links for other related study materials on GATE Chemical Engineering (CH) Here Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) Chemical Engineering (CH) question bank 2015 is also available in Chemical Engineering (CH) English Language.
GATE Chemical Engineering (CH) Question Paper 2015 Download PDF File:
1. Benzene is removed from air by absorbing it in a non-volatile wash-oil at 100 kPa in a countercurrent gas absorber. Gas flow rate is 100 mol/min , which includes 2 mol/min of benzene. The flow rate of wash-oil is 50 mol/min. Vapor pressure of benzene at the column conditions is 50 kPa. Benzene forms an ideal solution with the wash-oil and the column is operating at steady state. Gas phase can be assumed to follow ideal gas law. Neglect the change in molar flow rates of liquid and gas phases inside the column.
For this process, the value of the absorption factor (up to two decimal places) is ___________.
2. Which of the following can change if only the catalyst is changed for a reaction system?
- (A) Enthalpy of reaction
- (B) Activation energy
- (C) Free energy of the reaction
- (D) Equilibrium constant.
3. For which reaction order, the half-life of the reactant is half of the full lifetime (time for 100 % conversion) of the reactant?
- (A) Zero order
- (B) Half order
- (C) First order
- (D) Second order
4. Identify the WRONG statement amongst the following:
- (A) Steam distillation is used for mixtures that are immiscible with water.
- (B) Vacuum distillation is used for mixtures that are miscible with water.
- (C) Steam distillation is used for mixtures that are miscible with water.
- (D) Vacuum distillation columns have larger diameters as compared to atmospheric columns for the same throughput.
5. For a pure liquid, the rate of change of vapour pressure with temperature is 0.1 bar/K in the temperature range of 300 to 350 K. If the boiling point of the liquid at 2 bar is 320 K, the temperature (in K) at which it will boil at 1 bar (up to one decimal place) is ______________