Technical question on Networking 2016.
1. What are the two types of transmission technology available?
(i) Broadcast and (ii) point-to-point
2. What is suhnet?
A generic term for section of a large networks usually separated by a bridge or
3. Difference between the communication and transmission.
Transmission is a physical movement of information and concern issues like bit
polarity. synchronisation. clock etc.
Communication means the meaning hill exchange of information between two
4. What are the possible ways of data exchange?
(i) Simplex (ii) Half-duplex (iii) Full-duplex.
5. What is SAP?
Series of interface points that allow other computers to communicate with the
other layers of network protocol stack.
7. What is frame relay in which layer it comes?
Frame relay is a packet switching technology. It will operate in the data link layer.
8. What is terminal emulation, in which layer it comes?
Telnet is also called as terminal emulation. It belongs to application layer.
9. What is Beaconing?
The process that allows a network to self-repair networks problems. The stations
on the network notify the other stations on the ring when they are not receiving the
transmissions. Beaconing is used in Token ring and FDDI networks.