APNPDCL Computer Fundamental Question Papers 2016.
APNPDCL Accounts Officers Computer Question Solved with Explanation APNPDCL Papers Free Download pdf APNPDCL Model Question Papers APNPDCL Solved Papers APNPDCL Previous Year Question With Solution| APNPDCL TRICKS TIPS | APNPDCL Reference Books
Fill in the Blank:
51. Between PCs and Macs, the ____________ is the platform of choice for graphic design and animation.
52. The ____________ is the program that manages the hardware of the computer system, including the CPU, memory, storage devices, and input/output devices.
Answer: operating system
53. The type of operating system software you use depends on your computer’s ____________.
54. ____________software helps you carry out tasks, such as typing a document or creating a spreadsheet.
55. ____________are the fastest and most expensive computers.
56. A ____________ is approximately 1,000 bytes.
57. Input devices are used to provide the steps and tasks the computer needs to process data, and these steps and tasks are called ____________.
58. A computer gathers data, processes it, outputs the data or information, and ____________ the data or information.
59. The binary language consists of two digits: ____________ and ____________.
Answer: 0 and 1
60. A string of ____________ 0s and 1s is called a byte.
Answer: eight (8)
61. The devices you use to enter data into a computer system are known as ____________ devices.
62. The devices on a computer system that let you see the processed information are known as ____________ devices.
63. ____________ is the set of computer instructions or programs that enables the hardware to perform different tasks.
64. When you connect to the ____________, your computer is communicating with a server at your Internet service provider (ISP).
65. ____________ are computers that excel at executing many different computer programs at the same time.
66. ____________is the application of computer systems and techniques to gather legal evidence.
Answer: Computer forensics
67. ____________ is the science that attempts to create machines that will emulate the human thought process.
Answer: Artificial intelligence (AI)
68. Macintosh computers use the Macintosh operating system (Mac OS), whereas PCs generally run ____________ as an operating system.
Answer: Microsoft Windows
69. A process known as ____________ tracks trends and allows retailers to respond to consumer buying patterns.
Answer: data mining
70. Hard disk drives and CD drives are examples of ____________ devices.
71. You would use ____________ software to create spreadsheets, type documents, and edit photos.
72. ____________ are computers that support hundreds or thousands of users simultaneously.
73. ____________ is the term given to the act of stealing someone’s identity and ruining their credit rating.
Answer: Identity theft
74. Surgeons are using ____________ to guide robots to perform delicate surgery.
75. Patient ____________ are life-sized mannequins that have a pulse and a heartbeat and respond to procedures just like humans.
True and False
76. Currently, the performance of tasks by robots is based on preprogrammed algorithms.
77. Data can be a number, a word, a picture, or a sound.
78. Strictly defined, a computer is a data processing device.
79. The discrepancy between the “haves” and “have-nots” with regard to computer technology is commonly referred to as the digital society.
Answer: False (digital divide)
80. One of the benefits of becoming computer fluent is being a savvy computer user and consumer and knowing how to avoid viruses, the programs that pose threats to computer security.
81. Trend-spotting programs, developed for business, have been used to predict criminal activity.
82. Employers do not have the right to monitor e-mail and network traffic on employee systems used at work.
83. Clicking on an icon with the mouse is a form of giving an instruction to the computer.
84. Output devices store instructions or data that the CPU processes.
Answer: False (memory)
85. The CPU and memory are located on a special circuit board in the system unit called the motherboard.
86. Nanostructures represent the smallest human-made structures that can be built.
87. The main difference between a supercomputer and a mainframe is that supercomputers are designed to execute a few programs as quickly as possible, whereas mainframes are designed to handle many programs running at the same time (but at a slower pace).
88. Being computer fluent means that you should be able to build a computer yourself.
89. Embedded computers are self-contained computer devices that have their own programming and do not receive input.
90. A Web browser is a special device that is installed in your computer that allows it to communicate with other devices on a network.
Answer: False (network adapter)
91. With a wireless network, it is easier to relocate devices.
92. The most common type of memory that the computer uses to process data is ROM.
Answer: False (RAM)
93. Match the following terms with their approximate size:
I. kilobyte A. one million bytes
II. byte B. eight bits
III. gigabyte C. one thousand bytes
IV. megabyte D. one billion bytes
V. terabyte E. one trillion bytes
Answer: C, B, D, A, E
94. Match the following terms with their meanings:
I. printer A. storage device
II. scanner B. output device
III. RAM C. input device
IV. CPU D. a type of memory
V. CD drive E. processor
Answer: B, C, D, E, A
95. Match the following terms with their meanings:
I. mainframe A. the most expensive computers that perform complex calculations extremely rapidly
II. supercomputer B. a computer that provides resources to other computers connected to a network
III. embedded computer C. a large, expensive computer that supports hundreds or thousands of users simultaneously
IV. PDA D. a self-contained computer device that usually performs preprogrammed functions such as temperature control
V. server E. a small mobile computing device
Answer: C, A, D, E, B
96. Match the following terms with their meanings:
I. software A. transforming data into information
II. hardware B. data that has been organized or presented in a meaningful fashion
III. operating system C. any part of the computer that you can physically touch
IV. processing D. a set of computer programs that enables hardware to perform different tasks
V. information E. the most common type of system software, it controls the way in which the computer system functions
Answer: D, C, E, A, B
97. Match the following terms with their meanings:
I. system software A. the set of programs that enables computer hardware devices and application software to work together
II. application software B. the kind of operating system software you will use depends on this
III. platform C. operating system software generally used on PCs
IV. Microsoft Windows D. a set of programs used to accomplish a specific task
V. Mac OS E. operating system software used on the Apple Macintosh
Answer: A, D, B, C, E
98. Match the following terms with their meanings:
I. data A. the main circuit board in the system unit
II. memory B. the representation of a fact or idea (unprocessed information)
III. output C. processed data or information
IV. storage D. holds instructions or data that the CPU processes
V. motherboard E. data or information that can be accessed again
Answer: B, D, C, E, A
99. Match the following terms with their meanings:
I. bit A. the science revolving around the use of nanostructures to build devices on an extremely small scale
II. binary language B. the case that contains the system components
III. instructions C. consists of 0s and 1s
IV. system unit D. short for binary digit
V. nanotechnology E. steps and tasks necessary to process data into usable information
Answer: D, C, E, B, A
100. Match the following fields to the related computer technology:
I. medicine A. Internet research and virtual tours
II. business B. data mining
III. law enforcement C. robotics and simulation
IV. education D. computer forensics
V. archeology E. digital recreations of ruins
Answer: C, B, D, A, E