FTII General Knowledge Question Paper on Indian Film 2020.
FTII General Knowledge Question Paper on Indian Film 2020 Film and Television Institute of India
1. The first talkie film of India?
Ans: “Alam Ara”
2. The first Panavision film of India?
Ans: “Shalimar” (1978)
3. First Malayalam Film which bagged the President’s gold Medal?
Ans: “Chemmeen” (1965)
4. First Indian talkie film “Alam Ara” is directed by?
5. The First 70 MM film of India?
Ans: “Around the World” (1967)
6. Which was the first Cinemascope Film?
Ans: “Kagaz Ke Phool” (1959)
7. First south Indian film released in Korea?
Muthu (Tamil Film starring Rajnikanth )
8. The first 3D Film of India?
Ans: “My Dear Kuttichathan” (Malayalam, 1984, directed by Navodaya Appachan)
9. Sivaji Rao Gaikwad is the real name of a South Indian Super Star? Who is he?
10. Who is called the “Father of Indian Cinema”
Ans: Dada Saheb Phalke
11. First Indian who won Oscar Award?
Ans: Bhanu Athaiya for the costume design of the film “Gandhi”?
12. The first “Dada Saheb Phalke award” is won by?
Ans: Devika Rani
13. The last film of “Sathyajit Rai ?
14. First Silent Feature Film of India?
Ans:Pundalik (Hindi-1912) by N.G. Chitre and R.G. Torney.
15. First Sanskrit Film of India?
Ans: Adi Sankara (1983, directed by G.V.Ayyar)
16. First fully indigenously made silent feature film of India?
Ans: Raja Harishchandra
17. First Cinemascope Film of India?
Ans: Kagaz Ke Phool (1959- Guru Datt)
18. Who is known as “First Lady of Indian Cinema”?
Ans: Nargiz Datt
19. National Award is constituted in the year?
20. The biggest film studio of India?
Ans: Ramoji Film Studio (Hyderabad)
21. First complete Technicolor film?
Ans: Jhansi Ki Rani (1953)
22. The first Hit film of India?
Ans: Lanka Dahan(1917)
23. National Institute of Designs is situated at?
24. First song-less film of India?
Ans: Naujawan (1937) directed by JBH Wadia
25. The first English film of India?
Ans: Court Dancer
26. First Cinema Theatre of India?
Ans: Elphinstone Palace (Calcutta-1907)
27. The first indigenously made 70mm Film of India ?
Ans: Sholai (G.P.Sippy, 1975)
28. First film festival of India was held at?
29. Music Director of the film “Gandhi”
Ans: Ravi Sankar
30. First Film Centre of India?
Ans: Nandan, in Calcutta, it was inaugurated in September 1985.
31. First indigenously made Colour Film of India?
Ans:Kisan Kanya (1937)
32. First Color film of India?
33. The first news paper of India which give a film advertisement?
Ans: Times of India
34. Who is the director of first film of India “Raja Harischandra”?
Ans: Dada Saheb Phalke
35. First Telefilmof India?
Ans: Sadgati which is directed by Satyajit Rai(telecasted on Doordarshan in April 1981)
36. Raja Harischandra was released in the year?
37. In which state of India has most number of cinema Theatres?
Ans: Andra Pradesh
38. The music director who won Oscar for India?
Ans:A.R.Rahman, he won two awards. i.e. best music and best song for his work for the film “Slum Dog Millionaire”
39. The Indian sound engineer who got Oscar for the film “Slumdog Millionaire”
40. The first actress who was nominated as a member of Rajya Sabha?
41. First film exhibition of India is held at?
42. First Film with an all-female cast:
Ans: Bindhast, Marathi Film directed by Chandrakant Kulkarni.
43. Name the Indian film which has 71 songs ?
Ans: Indra Sabha
44. First Bharath Award is won by ?
Ans: Sanjeev Kumar
45. First actor to become a Chief Minister of a state ?
Ans: M.G.Ramachandran (M.G.R)
46. First actress to become a Chief Minister of a state ?
Ans: Janaki Ramachandran
47. The only Malayalee who won the prestigious Dada Saheb Phalke Award ?
Ans: Adoor Gopala Krishnan
48. Music Director of “Pather Panchali” directed by Sathyajit Rai ?
Ans: Pandit Ravi Sankar
49. Film & Television Institute of India is situated at ?
50. India’s first 6 Track stereophonic film ?