UPSC Civil Services Aptitude Test CSAT Model Papers.
UPSC Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) 2020 For UPSC CSAT Model Question Papers 2019
01. A military code writes TARGET as RATTEG. Using the same code, BRIDGE should be written as
A) DGEBRI B) IRBDGE C) BRIEGD D) IRBEGD
02. In a certain code DELHI is written as CDKGH and MADRAS as IZCQZR, how will PATNA be coded then?
A) OZTMZ B) OZSMZ C) QBUMB D) OZTZM
03. If QUESTION is coded as NXBVQLLQ, how will REPLY be coded?
A) VHSOB B) OHMOV C) YHMOV D) OBMIV
04. If in a certain language KNOWLEDGE is coded as 256535475, how is GENERAL coded in that language?
A) 7555993 B) 7555393 C) 7555913 D) 7555918
05. If INDUS is coded as 03865 and TENNIS is coded as 243305, then how will you code STUDENT?
A) 5628323 B) 5648324 C) 5268432 D) 5268234
06. If SUN is coded as 9, what will be the code for NUN?
A) 11 B) 12 C) 13 D) 14
07. If TOM = 48 and DICK = 27, then JERRY = ?
A) 74 B) 76 C) 78 D) 80
UPSC Civil Services Aptitude Test CSAT Model Papers
in each of the following questions, there are 4 terms marked A-D. While 3 of the terms are similar and form a separate class, one of them does not belong to that class. Select the term that does not belong to the class.
01. (A) 5 Rupee (B) 10 Rupee (C) 100 Rupee (D) 1 Rupee
02. (A) Pigeon (B) Crow (C) Bat (D) Parrot
03. (A) UNICEF (B) SAARC (C) IMF (D) WHO
04. (A) Cabin (B) Chamber (C) Veranda (D) Room
05. (A) January (B) March (C) July (D) September
06. (A) Lungs (B) Liver (C) Heart (D) Eyes
07. (A) Gold (B) Silver (C) Mercury (D) Aluminium
08. (A) 9 (B) 28 (C) 65 (D) 125
09. (A) 43 (B) 53 (C) 63 (D) 73
10. (A) Bharat Ratna (B) Padma Shri
(C) Padma Bhushan (D) Ashok Chakra
01. 1, 8, 27, ……….
(A) 34 (B) 44 (C) 54 (D) 64
02. 5, 9, 16, 29, 54, 103, ……….
(A) 94 (B) 124 (C) 164 (D) 200
03. 0, 7, 26, 63, ……….
(A) 98 (B) 108 (C) 124 (D) 152
04. 17, 27, 37, 56, ……….
(A) 49 (B) 57 (C) 62 (D) 71
05. 7 5 9 7 12 13
x | y
9 6 6 4 10 ?
(A) 5 (B) 6 (C) 8 (D) 11
06. A D E H I L ……….
(A) M N (B) M O (C) M P (D) M Q
07. J E Z U P ……….
(A) K (B) M (C) O (D) P
08. A G L P S ……….
(A) U (B) V (C) W (D) X
09. H M C
J N F
L O ?
(A) P (B) N (C) H (D) I
10. K-11, M-13, P-16, T-20, ……….
(A) U-21 (B) V-23 (C) Y-25 (D) W-27
11. D 21 I 14 ?
23 F 18 M ?
(A) J / 13 (B) R / 9 (C) P / 13 (D) S / 9
01. Q is shorter than P but taller than R. R is shorter than P but taller than A. If they stand in the ascending order of their heights, the sequence will be
A) AQRP B) ARQP C) QPAR D) RPQA
02. Shyam is taller than Pradeep and Pradeep is equal to Anurag. Anand is smaller than Suresh who is equal to Anurag. If Pradeep is taller than Praveen, who is the tallest of all?
A) Pradeep B) Praveen C) Shyam D) Suresh
03. The cricket ball is lighter than the hockey ball and the volleyball is lighter than the football. Hockey ball is lighter than the football but heavier than the tennis ball. Which of the following is heaviest?
A) Football B) Cricket ball C) Hockey ball D) Tennis ball
04. Hari is 6 months younger to Sita and 1 month older to Anitha. Babu is 3 months younger to Anitha. When Sheela was born, Babu was 2 months old. Who among the following is oldest?
A) Anitha B) Babu C) Sita D) Hari
05. Six students are sitting in a row. K is sitting between V and R. V is sitting next to M. M is sitting next to B, who is sitting on the extreme left and Q is sitting next to R. Then who are sitting adjacent to V?
A) Q & K B) K & R C) B & M D) M & K
01. If Rahim moves 20 meters in East direction and then turns his left and moves 15 meters. Then he turns to his right and moves 25 meters. After this, he turns to his right and moves 15 meters. Now how far is he from his starting point?
A) 25 Meters B) 40 Meters C) 45 Meters D) 50 Meters
02. A and B started from a fixed place. A moves towards North and after walking 3 km, turns his right and covers 4 km. B moves towards West and walks 5 km and then turns to his right and walks 3 km. Now how far A and B are from each other?
A) 4 Km B) 5 Km C) 8 Km D) 9 Km
03. Anu walks 100 yards straight from her house, which is facing north and then she walks 200 yards in the reverse direction. Further she takes a left turn and walks 100 yards. In which direction is Anu now from her original position?
A) North-East B) North-West C) South-East D) South-West
04. Vijay starts walking straight towards East. After walking 75 meters, he turns to his left and walks 25 meters straight. Again he turns to the left and walks a distance of 40 meters straight. Again he turns to his left and walks a distance of 25 meters. How far is he from the starting point?
A) 25 Meters B) 35 Meters C) 55 Meters d) 65 Meters
05. The post office is in the East of the school while my house is in the south of the school. The market is in the North of the post office. If the distance of the market from the post office is equal to the distance of my house from the school, in which direction is the market with respect to my house?
A) North B) East C) North-East D) North-West
01. If the day, 2 days after tomorrow be Thursday, what day would have been 2 days before yesterday?
A) Thursday B) Friday C) Saturday D) Sunday
02. A day after tomorrow will be X-Mas day. What will be the day on New Year day if today is Monday?
A) Monday B) Tuesday C) Wednesday D) Thursday
03. Manish was born on 3rd March 1980. Sajiv was born 4 days before Manish. The Republic Day of that year fell on Saturday. Then, which day was Sajiv’s birthday?
A) Wednesday B) Thursday C) Friday D) Saturday
04. If 3rd of the month falls on Friday, what day will be on the 4th day after 21st of the month?
A) Wednesday B) Thursday C) Friday D) Saturday
05. If Saturday falls 4 days after today that is 6th January, on what day did the 1st of December of the previous year fall?
A) Monday B) Wednesday C) Friday D) Saturday
CSAT Previous Question Paper Answers and Best Reference Books