HPPSC AS Administrative Service Question Pattern.
HPPSC Administrative Service Question Pattern Structure Preliminary-Main Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION:
7.1 Preliminary examination
A) Initially, Preliminary examination consisting of 2 papers based on objective type (multiple choice) questions on the following pattern will be held.
Paper-I General Studies (Code No.01) This paper shall be of 200 marks and there shall be 100 objective type (Multiple choice) questions. Paper-II Aptitude Test (Code No.02) This paper shall be of 200 marks and in this paper there shall be 100 objective type (multiple choice) questions.
Paper-I General Studies (Code No.01)
- History, geography, political, art & culture and socio economic development of Himachal Pradesh.
- Currents events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian national movement.
- Indian and World Geography-physical, social, economic geography of India and the world.
- Indian polity and governance – Constitution, political system, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues, etc.
- Economic and social development – sustainable development poverty, inclusion, demographics,social sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on environmental ecology, biodiversity and climate Change – that do not requiresubject specialization
- General science.
Paper-II Aptitude Test (Code No.02)
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level), Data
- interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level).
- English Language comprehension skills (Class X level)
This preliminary examination will consist of two objective type papers (multiple choice questions) and carry a maximum of 400 marks. Marks obtained in preliminary examination by the candidates who are declared qualified by the Commission for admission to the main examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit. The number of
candidates to be admitted to the Main Examination will be about 20 times the total approximate number of vacancies to be filled in the year in the Posts / Service. Only those candidates who have been declared to have qualified the preliminary examination by the H.P. Public Service
Commission in a year will be eligible for admission to the main examination of that year provided they are otherwise eligible for admission to the Main Examination.
HPPSC AS Administrative Service Question Pattern
Note: There will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the objective type question papers.
(i) There are four alternatives for the answer to every question. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one third of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
(ii) If a candidate gives more than one answer, it will be treated as a wrong answer even if one of the given answers happen to be correct and there will be same penalty as above for that question.
(iii) If a question is left blank i.e. no answer is given by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
(D) The duration of Papers No.I and II (General Studies and Aptitude Test) will be two hours each.”
7.2 Main Written Examination
a) The candidates declared qualified in the Preliminary examination will be entitled for admission to the Main written examination, if otherwise found eligible.
b) The number of candidates to be called for Main written examination will be about 20 times of the total number of vacancies to be filled in on the basis of aforementioned examination.