Important facts on TET Teacher Eligibility Test 2020.
The implementation of the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education
(RTE) Act, 2009 requires the recruitment of a large number of teachers across the country in a time bound manner. Inspite of the enormity of the task, it is desirable to ensure that quality requirement for recruitment of teachers are not diluted at any cost. It is therefore necessary to ensure that persons recruited as teachers possess the essential aptitude and ability to meet the challenges of teaching at the primary and upper primary level.
Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) Syllabus, Exam pattern for various papers and levels of teachers are given below. All the state boards have to follow this syllabus and exam pattern for conducting State Level TET Examinations for 2020. States such as Andhra Pradesh, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh etc. have framed the guidelines and issued GOs for TET exams. TET notifications in other states like Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, Delhi, West Bengal, Gujarat, Orissa, Arunachal Pradesh etc. Language papers in Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be separate for all the states. Details of notification and state specific terms of the exam and weightages in teachers recruitment and details of application procedure will be available on the websites of education departments of concerned states. Information on TET exam structure, nature of question paper is discussed below.
National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) has initiated new regulation for those aspiring to become teachers in schools under Government, private, unaided and aided categories. Now the candidates have to qualify in Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) to be conducted at state level by state boards. CTET will be a compulsory and essential requirement for securing a teaching job in all types of schools. State Governments / Union Territories have to draw guidelines to this effect as per the norms laid down by NCTE. CBSE has been assigned the responsibility of conducting CTET 2020. Candidates have to score minimum 60 percent in the test to qualify for teacher jobs. There is no limit on attempts. You can write any number of times. TET has been introduced as per the provisions of the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (RTE) Act, 2009. Following are details of CTET 2020 Test Pattern and Syllabus. Notification details such as eligibility and application procedure also given on this blog in another post. You can find it in related posts displayed below this post.
Important facts on TET Teacher Eligibility Test 2020
Eligibility: B Ed degree. Validity of qualifying certificate (B.Ed.) will be decided by the state government/ UT/ Centre. The certificate can not be more than 7 years old. Following is the exam pattern:
Exam pattern and Scheme: There will be 2 papers with objective multiple choice questions. Each paper will consist of 150 questions. These papers are intended for different levels of teaching as described below:
1. Paper I: For those want to become teachers for classes I-V.
2. Paper II: For those want to teach classes between VI and VIII.
3. Paper I and II: Those interested in teaching from Class I to VIII will have to appear and qualify in both the papers.
Syllabus for the CTET: There will be 5 subjects / Sections in Paper I. Each section / subject will have 30 objective multiple choice type questions carrying one mark each. Duration of the exam is one and half hours. Following are the papers:
1. Child development and pedagogy
2. Language I (the medium of instruction)
3. Language II (chosen from a list other than language I)
5. Environmental studies
Description of Question Paper of CTET:
1. Questions on child development and pedagogy subject will focus on educational psychology of teaching profession. Major focus will be on understanding the characteristics and needs of different learner groups.
2. Questions on language I and II will focus on language proficiency, elements of language, communication and comprehension abilities.
3. Multiple choice questions on Mathematics and environmental studies will concentrate on concepts and problem solving abilities of the candidate.
4. Paper II consists of 3 compulsory sections on child development and pedagogy, language I and II.
5. For mathematics and Science teachers: There will be 60 Multiple Choice questions of one mark each.
6. For social studies teachers: There will be 60 Multiple Choice questions of one mark each.
National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) to include B.Com Graduates in the eligibility criteria for appointment of teachers in Classes I to VIII. Therefore, the eligibility criteria for candidates appearing for CTET-2020 to be held on June 2020 include B.Com degree holders also. Accordingly, B.A./B.Sc/B.Com may be read in place of B.A./B.Sc. Applicants are required to fill in the appropriate code number of minimum educational qualifications in Column No. 13 of the Application Form. Other conditions remain the same. Click Here for details
Address of NCTE:
NCTE, Hans Bhawan,
Wing II, 1- Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg,
New Delhi – 110 002.