Madurai Kamaraj University M.Sc. Biotechnology Entrance 2016.
Madurai Kamaraj University M.Sc. Biotechnology Entrance Paper Syllabus Question Pattern Eligibility Exam Date Fees Exam Center Reference Books Time Table Admission 2016 Selection Procedure
MADURAI KAMARAJ UNIVERSITY, MADURAI13 ( 25 seats ) *
Students admitted to the programme are eligible for the award of M.Sc. degree in Biotechnology on successful completion of the course.
The M.Sc., teaching programme is a two-year (4 semesters) course and follows Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) of the University. The CBCS offers both Core and Elective courses in each School. The students have the option to take also the elective courses offered by other Schools in the University. Projects are the integral part of the CBCS and each student works on a research project for one full semester.
The students have the option to work for a summer project in Biotech companies, National Laboratories and other Premier institutions in India for about 6 weeks at the end of first year.
The School of Biotechnology, which runs the M.Sc. Biotechnology programme, has excellent facilities for research in the areas of modern Biotechnology. Moreover, the School has regular ongoing research and developmental projects in thrust areas.
Madurai Kamaraj University M.Sc. Biotechnology Entrance 2016
The School has the following National Facilities:
- National facility for clinical proteomics.
- Centre for Plant Molecular Biology
- Centre of Excellence in Bioinformatics
- High Resolution Graphics
- VPN NODE of DBT
- FIST (DST)- DNA sequencing facility and Central Computer Laboratory
- SAP-UGC – Real Time PCR
- Macromolecular X-ray deffration systems
Major research programmes of the School of Biotechnology are:
- Production of anticancer antibiotics from Streptomyces
- Production of Industrial Enzymes from Streptomyces, Bacillus. E.coli and Fungi
- Plant Tissue Culture
- Genetic Engineering of Plants using Agrobacterium tumefaciens
- Transgenic plants for virus, fungal and stress resistance.
- Stress response in plants
- Regulation of gene expression in fungi
- Molecular Biology, Immunology and Genome Analysis of Mycobacterium leprae and M. tuberculosis
- Animal Biotechnology
- Cell Biology
- Immunochemistry and biodegradation of toxic chemicals
- Protein crystallography and Structural biology
- Comparative genomics of microorganisms
- Human serum proteomics and tear proteomics
- Industrial collaborative projects
Fees to be paid at time of Admission: Rs.14000/- (Approx.) .
Contact Address: Dr. S. Krishnaswamy,
Head & Chairperson
School of Biotechnology
Madurai Kamaraj University,
Phone No. : 0452-2458273
Fax No. : 0452-2459105
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org