Chemistry Entrance Model Papers 2020.
Chemistry Entrance Model Question Papers 2020 Chemistry Entrance Model Sample Question papers Chemistry Entrance Model Mock Test Question Paper for 2020 Exam, This Chemistry Entrance Model Question are based on the syllabus but here some of the question may out of syllabus, just for your better exam Chemistry Entrance Model Exam preparation.
www.oldquestionpapers.net provides all kind model papers like here Chemistry Entrance Model exam Model Paper 2020 you can make your exam preparation much more better by this Chemistry Entrance Model Sample Paper 2020 with Answers | Solution www.oldquestionpapers.net also allow you download Chemistry Entrance Model Exam Guess Paper with Free of Cost.
Chemistry Entrance Model Papers 2020
1. Which of the following is an antibiotic ?
(A) Paracetamol (B) Aspirin
(C) Caffeine (D) Penicillin
2. Diazonium salt can be prepared by reacting nitrous acid with :
(A) Toluene (B) Phenol
(C) Aniline (D) Pyridine
3. Friedel-Craft’s alkylation proceeds in the presence of :
(A) Lewis acid (B) Lewis base
(C) Peroxides (D) Sodium hydroxide
4. Oils and fats are esters formed from glycerol and :
(A) Sulphonic acids (B) Long chain aliphatic acids
(C) Aromatic acids (D) α-Amino acids
5. Acetaldehyde reacts with CH3MgI to yield :
(A) Isopropyl alcohol (B) Ethanol
(C) Acetone (D) t-Butyl alcohol
CH3 Br O
6. The compound CH3–CH–CH2–CH–C–CH3 has the IUPAC name as :
(A) 3-Bromo-5-methyl-2-hexanone (B) 3-Bromo-2-heptanone
(C) 4-Bromo-2-methyl-5-hexanone (D) 3-Bromo-4-isopropyl-2-butanone
7. Which is the correct statement ?
(A) Ethanol should boil at a temperature lower than that for ethane.
(B) Ethanol is less acidic than phenol
(C) Phenol is more acidic than acetic acid
(D) Ethyne is a non-linear molecule.
8. A carboxylic acid can be converted into the corresponding anhydride using :
(A) SOCl2 (B) SO2
(C) Conc. H2SO4 (D) P2O5
9. The first step in the chlorination of methane in the presence of U.V. light is :
(A) Heterolytic fission of chlorine molecule (B) C–H bond cleavage
(C) Homolytic fission of chlorine molecule (D) Formation of a carbocation
10. Which is not a true statement ?
(A) Starch is a polysaccharide
(B) Sucrose is a carbohydrate
(C) Fructose and glucose don’t have the same molecular formula
(D) Glucose is a monosaccharide
11. The synthetic resin bakelite can be obtained by using the starting material :
(A) Formic acid (B) Acetic acid
(C) Formamide (D) Formaldehyde
12. Which of the following is not contributing to the environmental pollution ?
(A) Nitrogen (B) Carbon dioxide
(C) Sulphur dioxide (D) Chlorofluorohydrocarbons
13. Enzymes are biocatalysts belonging to a class of compounds known as :
(A) Alkaloids (B) Steroids
(C) Proteins (D) Polyesters
14. Aromatic sulphonic acids are important compounds for producing :
(A) Soaps (B) Rubber
(C) Nylons (D) Detergents
15. Which of the following is most basic ?
(A) H2N–C–NH2 (B) C6H5–NH2
(C) C2H5–NH2 (D) C6H5–C–NH2
16. The compound which cannot undergo dehydrohalogenation is :
(A) Methyl bromide (B) n-Butyl Chloride
(C) Ethyl iodide (D) Isopropyl bromide
17. Acetanilide is obtained by a reaction of aniline with :
(A) Acetone (B) Acetamide
(C) Methyl chloride (D) Acetyl chloride
18. Which of the following does not undergo Cannizzaro reaction ?
(A) Acetaldehyde (B) Formaldehyde
(C) Trichloroacetaldehyde (D) Benzaldehyde
19. The number of sigma bonds and pi-bonds in CH3–CH=CH2 are respectively :
(A) 7, 1 (B) 8, 1
(C) 1, 8 (D) 2, 7
20. Which one is an electrophile ?
(A) AlCl3 (B) C2H5NH2
(C) CN¯ (D) C2H5OH
21. The hybridized orbitals employed to explain the geometry of I3 – are :
(A) sp2 (B) sp3d2
(C) sp3 (D) sp3d
22. The planar geometry is exhibited by :
– (B) CO3 2-
(C) NI3 (D) PF5
23. The largest O–O bond length is expected in the species :
(A) O2 2+
(B) O2 +
(C) O2 –
(D) O2 2–
24. The values of n and m for the spectral lines to be observed in the visible region in the relationship
(A) n = 1; m = 2, 3, 4….. (B) n = 1; m = 3, 4, 5…..
(C) n = 2; m = 3, 4, 5….. (D) n = 2; m = 4, 5, 6…..
25. The weakest base amongst the halide ions is :
(A) F- (B) Cl-
(C) Br- (D) I-
26. Li+ ions would form the most thermally stable compound with the anion :
(A) CO3 2-
(B) N3 –
(C) ClO4 –
(D) NO3 –
27. The correct sequence representing first ionization energies (in ev) of IInd period elements is
represented by :
(A) C < B (B) Be < B
(C) O < N (D) N < C
28. The carbide ion [C3
4–], present in Mg2 C3 is isoelectronic with :
(A) C2N2 (B) CO2
2– (D) CN¯
29. An element whose hydride when reacted with water would produce H2 gas is :
(A) CsH (B) BeH2
(C) AlH3 (D) SiH4
30. The number of ione pairs on oxygen in the complex Et2O.B F3 :
(A) 0 (B) 1
(C) 2 (D) 3
31. Which element representing the following configuration will have the highest electron affinity ?
(A) [Ne] 3s2 3p3 (B) [Ne] 3s2 3p4
(C) [Ne] 3s2 3p5 (D) [Ne] 3s1
32. Which of the following electronic configurations will represent an orbital of highest energy ?
(A) n = 3; l = 2; m = +1 (B) n = 4; l = 0; m = 0
(C) n = 3; l = 1; m = +1 (D) n = 4; l = 1; m = +1
33. The number of nodal planes in the angular wave function of px and dxy orbitals respectively are :
(A) 0, 1 (B) 0, 2
(C) 1, 2 (D) 1, 1
34. When O2 is ionized to form O2
+, the electron removed from the M.O. is :
(A) σ b (B) π b
(C) π * (D) σ *
35. What is the oxidation number of S in HS¯ ?
(A) -2 (B)-1
(C) +1 (D) +2
36. Which of the following alkali metal hydroxides is the strongest base ?
(A) LiOH (B) NaOH
(C) KOH (D) CsOH
37. The arrangement representing the correct sequence of increasing ionic size is :
– < O2– < F– (B) F–< O2– < N3
(C) O2– < F– < N3
– (D) F–< N3
– < O2–
38. An aqueous solution of borax is :
(A) highly acidic (B) highly basic
(C) mildly acidic (D) mildly basic
39. The highest electronegativity is shown by :
(A) Carbon atom in its ground state configuration
(B) Carbon atom in sp3 hybridized state
(C) Carbon atom in sp2 hybridized state
(D) Carbon atom in sp hybridized state
40. Amongst the following, the complex ion with maximum number of unpaired electrons is : [At No. of
Mn = 25, Co = 27, Ni = 28, Cu = 29 :
(A) MnCl4 2-
(B) CoCl4 2-
(C) NiCl4 2-
(D) CuCl4 2-
41. How many moles of air are in the lungs of an average adult with a lung capacity of 3.8L ? Assume that
the person is at 1.00 atm pressure and has a normal body temperature of 37ºC.
(A) 0.15 mol (B) 1.5 mol
(C) 15 mol (D) 150 mol
42. The rate of diffusion of a gas is :
(A) directly proportional to its density
(B) directly proportional to its molecular weight
(C) directly proportional to square root of its molecular weight
(D) inversely proportional to square root of its molecular weight.
43. Which of the following statements about the First law of thermodynamics written as Δ U = q + w for
a closed system, is not correct ?
(A) Δ U of a process is independent of the path of a process
(B) q + w is not independent of the path of a process
(C) q is not independent of the path of a process
(D) w is not independent of the path of a process.
44. The enthalpy of solution of BaCl2.2H2O) is 2.1 kcal and the enthalpy of hydration of BaCl2 (anhydrous)
is –7.03 kcal. What is the enthalpy of solution of anhydrous BaCl2 ?
(A) – 4.93 kcal (B) +9.13 kcal
(C) + 4.93 kcal (D) -9.13 kcal
45. For a reaction to occur spontaneously at a given temperature and pressure :
(A) Δ H > 0 and Δ S < 0 (B) Δ H < T Δ S
(C) Δ S 0
46. The solubility of CaF2 (mol. wt 80) is 80 mg per litre. Its solubility product value will be :
(A) 1×10–9 (B) 2×10–9
(C) 3×10–9 (D) 4×10–9
47. Two moles of NH3 gas are introduced into a previously evacuated 1.0 litre container in which it
undergoes dissociation at high temperature
2NH3(g) = N2(g) + 3H2(g)
At equilibrium 1.0 mole of NH3(g) is left. The value of equilibrium constant, Kc, is :
(A) 0.75 mole2 litre–2 (B) 1.00 mole2 litre–2
(C) 1.50 mole2 litre–2 (D) 1.70 mole2 litre–2
48. For the forward reaction in the equation H2(g) + F2(g) = 2HF(g), Δ H = –536 kJ/mol H2 and the energy of activation = 208 kJ/mol H2. Which of the following conclusions about the reaction is not correct ?
(A) The heat of formation of HF is –268 kJ mol–1
(B) The activation energy for the reverse reactions is 372 kJ per mole of hydrogen fluoride.
(C) At equilibrium, decrease in temperature increases the percentage yield of HF
(D) At equilibrium, an increase in temperature increases the percentage yield of HF
49. The Miller indices of the crystal plane which cut through the crystal axes at (2a, 3b, c) are :
(A) 321 (B) 231
(C) 123 (D) 326
50. Which of the four collegative properties is most often used for molecular mass determination ?
(A) Elevation in boiling point (B) Depression in freezing point
(C) Osmotic pressure (D) None of these
51. The molal depression constant for water is 1.86/mole kg–1. The freezing point of a solution which has 0.05 mole of urea dissolved in 250g of water is :
(A) – 0.372ºC (B) – 0.093ºC
(C) – 0.0372ºC (D) + 0.0372ºC
52. The specific conductance of 0.01 molar acetic acid solution at 300 K is 14.5 ×10–5 Ω–1cm–1 and the limiting molar conductance of acetic acid at the same temperature is 290 Ω–1cm2 mol–1. The degree of dissociation of acetic acid is :
(A) 5×10-1 (B) 5×10-2
(C) 5×10-3 (D) 5×10-7
53. Assume that the following reaction occurs in an electrochemical cell Cd(S) + Cu2+ = Cd2+ + Cu(S). The standard electromotive εº for this cell at 25ºC is 0.7416 V. The ΔGº for the cell reaction at 25ºC will be :
(A) -143.11 kJmol-1 (B) +143.11 kJmol-1
(C) 1.431 kJmol-1 (D)-1.431 kJmol-1
54. The ε for the following cell at 25ºC, assuming ideal solutions Zn|Zn++ (ZnSO4) (10–5M)||Zn++ (ZnSO4) (10–4M)|Zn
will be :
(A) + 0.059 (B) –0.059
(C) + 0.0296 (D) –0.0296
55. Which of the following statements concerning activation energy is TRUE ?
(A) The activation energy of a forward reaction can never be smaller than that of a backward reaction.
(B) The reaction is fast if the activation energy of a reaction is small.
(C) Reaction rates increase with temperature because the activation energy decreases at
(D) The uncatalysed reaction generally has a lower activation energy than the catalysed reaction.
56. Which one of the following statement for order of reaction is not correct ?
(A) Order of the reaction can be determined experimentally
(B) Order of reaction is equal to sum of the powers of concentration terms in differential rate law
(C) It is not affected with the stoichiometric coefficient of the reactants.
(D) Order of the reaction cannot be fractional.
57. The reaction 2NO(g) + 2H2(g) →N2(g) + 2H2O (g) is first order in H2 and second order in NO. The rate
law is :
(A) Rate = k [NO]2 [H2] (B) Rate = k [NO] [H2]
(C) Rate = k [NO] [H2]2 (D) Rate = k [NO]½ [H2]
58. Lyophilic sols are :
(A) Irreversible sols (B) They are prepared from inorganic compounds
(C) Coagulated by adding electrolytes (D) Self-stabilizing
59. Emulsion are colloidal systems consisting of two immiscible liquids and stabilized by substance known as emulsifier or emulsifying agent. The function of emulsifier is :
(A) to increase the rate of reaction
(B) to increase the surface tension between water and oil
(C) to act as a catalyst
(D) to lower the interfacial tension between oil and water.
- Chemistry Entrance Exam 2020
- Chemistry Entrance Model Question Paper
- Chemistry Entrance Books
- CLAT Logical Reasoning Question Paper
- Chemistry Entrance Question Paper Study Materials.