Current Affairs 2011 January February March April May June.
1. Which one of the following companies became the first major online retailer to offer cloud-based media storage and streaming to unlimited web or Android devices with a free basic plan?
c. LL BeAN
d. vita Coast
2. State-owned carrier Air India announced on 29 March 2019 that it completed the first milestone of its modernisation process with the migration of Air India and Indian Airlines to SITA’s Horizon Passenger Service System (PSS). When did Air India sign contract with SITA for the same?
a. January 2019
b. March 2019
c. October 2019
d. April 2019
3. NYSE listed US-based International Paper decided to buy up to 75% stake in which of the following for up to $423 million, in the first significant domestic acquisition by a foreign paper company?
a. Abhinav Publications
b. Vinod Paper House
c. Ananda Paper House
d. AP Paper Mills
4. Sistema Shyam Teleservices issued over 54.73-crore equity shares to which of the following governments at 17.14 per cent stake against $600 million received in December 2019 on 30 March 2019?
a. Italian government
b. US government
c. Russian government
d. Philippines government
5. According to the tiger Census 2019, the number of tigers in India increased from 1411 to__.
Answer: (a) 1706
6. Which one of the following statements on tiger Census 2019 in India is NOT correct?
a) The number of tigers in India increased from 1411 in 2006 to 1706 in 2019.
b) The tiger census 2019 was unveiled by the Union Home Ministry.
c) The tiger occupancy areas decreased from 93600 sq. km to areas of 72800sq.km.
d) In the Sunderbans, the tiger Census took place for the first time.
Answer: (b) The tiger Census was unveiled by the Union ministry of Environment and Forests.
7. In tiger census 2019,
i) Pugmarks were used as the only indicator of tiger numbers.
ii)An advanced Scientific process was adopted which included video trapping and use of satellite data.
Which of the above statements is/are incorrect?
Choose the right option:
a) Only i is incorrect
b) Only ii is incorrect
c) Both i and ii are incorrect
d) Both i and ii are not incorrect
Answer: ( a) Only i is incorrect
8. In the Sunderbans, the tiger Census took place for the first time. In which one of the following states of India Sunderbans is located?
a) West Bengal
C) Andhra Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
Answer: (a) West Bengal, next to the Bay of Bengal
9. Scientists, at the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute UK, for the first time identified genetic mutations that lead to the development of acute myeloid leukaemia. Acute myeloid leukaemia is a cancer of the__.
a) White Blood Cells (WBC)
b) Red blood Cells (RBC)
c) Liver Cells
d) Stem Cells
Answer: (a) White Blood Cells (WBC)
10. Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper resigned after a no-confidence vote was passed by 156-145 vote against him in the Canadian Parliament on 25 March 2019. He belongs to which one of the following political parties?
a) Conservative Party
b) Liberal Party
c) Congress Party
d) Democratic Party
Answer: (a) Conservative Party
11. Which of the following statements regarding the outgoing Prime Minister Stephen Harper of Canada are/is correct?
i) He is the 22nd Prime Minister of Canada.
ii) He was sworn as Prime Minister of Canada on 6 February 2006.
Choose the right option:
a) Both i and ii are correct.
b) Both i and ii are incorrect.
c) Only i is correct.
d) Only ii is correct.
Answer: (a) Both i and ii are correct.
12. Latikia, witnessed the mass unrest against the ruling President Bashar al-Assad on 25-26 March 2011. Where the place Latikia is located?
Answer: (a) Syria
13. Latikia, witnessed the mass unrest against the ruling President Bashar al-Assad on 25-26 March 2019. Which of the following statements is/are incorrect?
i) Bashar al-Assad is the President of Egypt
ii) Latikia is in Syria
a) Both the statements are incorrect
b) Only i is incorrect
c) Only ii is incorrect
d) Both the statements are not incorrect
Answer: (b) only i is incorrect; Bashar al-Assad is the President of Syria
14. The Rajya Sabha, the upper House in Indian Parliament, on 24 March 2019 passed the bill___ changing the name of Orissa to Odisha.
a) Orissa (the Alteration of Name) Bill, 2019
b) Odisha(the Alteration of Name) Bill,2019
c) Orissa (the Alteration of Name) Bill, 2019
d) Odisha(the Alteration of Name) Bill, 2019
Answer: (a) Orissa (the Alteration of Name) Bill, 2019
15. Earth quake of 6.8 magnitude struck Myanmar’s borders with Thailand and Laos, about 70 miles (110 kilometers) from the northern Thai city of Chiang Rai on 24 March 2011. What was the magnitude of the quake?
16. The Shunglu Committee set up to probe corruption in organising the Commonwealth Games (CWG) on 23 March 2011 submitted its second report to the Cabinet Secretary. Which private developer was indicted in the second report?
a. Emaar MGF
b. Royale Builders and Developers
c. Green Field Real Estate
17. The World Meteorological Organization with its 189 Members and the worldwide meteorological community celebrate World Meteorological Day every year on 23 March. When was the WMO Convention convened for the first time with the purpose of setting up the World Meteorological Organization?
18. To how many village panchayats was the Nirmal Gram Puraskar awarded by President Pratibha Patil on 23 March 2019?
19. The Indian government on 24 March 2019 constituted 11member Financial Sector Legislative Reforms Commission (FSLRC) to examine the means of oversight on regulators and their autonomy from the government. Who will head the committee?
a. Retired Supreme Court Justice BN Srikrishna
b. former PFRDA Chairman D Swarup
c. RBI Governor Dr. D. Subbarao
d. PMEAC member M Govinda Rao
20. On which of the following freedom fighters was a commemorative postage stamp released by the Indian President Pratibha Patil on 24 March 2019?
a. Padmaja Naidu
b. Padmaja Naidu
c. Sucheta Kriplani
d. Subhadra Joshi
21. Which of the following radio stations was awarded the Most Successful Radio Channel of the Year at the FICCI Frames Excellence Awards 2019 was given out on 25 March 2011?
a. Radio Mirchi (98.3)
b. Big FM (92.7)
c. Red FM (93.5)
d. Radio One (95)
22. Read the following statement with reference to renowned dancer Leela Samson.
1. Leela Samson was appointed chairperson of the Central Board for Film Certification on 28 March 2011 by Information and Broadcasting Ministry.
2. Leela Samson is a renowned Kathakali dancer of India.
3. Leela Samson won the prestigious Bharat Ratna award in recognition of her outstanding contribution to the art of dance in 1990.
4. Two documentary films were made on her work namely- Sanchari and The Flowering Tree.
Which of the above mentioned statements is/are false?
a. 2 & 4
b. 3 & 4
c. 2 & 3
d. Only 4
23. Nisha P. Rajagopal has been chosen as the first recipient of ‘The Hindu Saregama M.S. Subbulakshmi Award instituted on 16 September 2019. To which of the following type of music is she famous for?
b. Hindusthani classical
c. Haryanavi Music
24. A team of Scientists led by Takehiko at Yokohama City University grew sperms in a test-tube. Consider the following statements regarding the scientific breakthrough.
i) Sperms were grown in a Test-tube for the first time.
ii) The Scientific breakthrough could help millions of infertile men to attain parenthood.
Now choose the right option:
a) Both i and ii statements are correct
b) Only i is correct
c) Only ii is correct
d) Both I and ii statements are wrong
Answer: (a) Both i and ii statements are correct
25. The Union ministry of Environment and Forests, recently asked state governments to declare bamboo as a minor forest produce to address livelihood issues of forest dwellers and tribals. Bamboo is a__.
Answer: (a) Grass
26. The Union Cabinet of India, on 22 March 2019, approved the amendments to the Indian Forest Act, 1927. The amendment to the Indian Forest Act raised the limit to which fines for relatively minor offences can be compounded from 50 rupees to _ rupees.
a) 9000 rupees
b) 10000 rupees
c) 11000 rupees
d) 12000 rupees
Answer: (b) 10000 rupees
27. Earthquake in Myanmar measured at magnitude 6.8 killed 73 people and injured 111 people on 25 March 2019. The strength of an earthquake can be measured by a device called ___.
Answer: (a) Seismograph
28. Somdev Devvarman was defeated by which of the following ace tennis players at the quarter finals of the Indian Wells Masters in Californiain in two close sets 5-7 4-6 in March 2019?
a. Cypriot Marcos
b. Robin Soderling
c. Rafael Nadal
d. Andy Murray
29. World No. 4 India’s Saina Nehwal won the Swiss Grand Prix 2019 by defeating Ji Hyun Sung of South Korea 21-13, 21-14. She had earlier defeated the South Korean badminton player in which of the following tournaments?
a. Swiss Grand Prix 2019
b. Indonesia Open Super Series in 2019
c. All England Open Badminton Championships 2019
d. Irish Open
30. Who defeated Spanish ace tennis player and World No 1 Rafael Nadal 4-6, 6-3, 6-2 on 20 March 2019 to win the ATP Indian Wells title?
a. Novak Djokovic
b. Robin Sderling
c. Andy Murray
d. Andy Roddick
31. Which of the following football clubs got back on track with a 2-0 win against Arsenal in the FA Cup quarterfinals at Old Trafford on 12 March 2019?
a. Manchester United
c. Real Madrid
32. Which of the following teams did Pakistan defeat in the Quarter final of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 to reach the semi finals?
b. New Zealand
c. West Indies
33. According to the latest WTA list, Sania Mirza broke back into the top-100 in the singles list with a jump of eight places. What is Sania Mirza’s current position in the singles list?
34. Which Indian cricketer was declared the man of the match in the ICC World Cup Quarter final match between India and Australia in Ahmadabad on 24 March 2019?
a. M S Dhoni
b. Suresh Raina
c. Yuvraj Singh
d. Yusuf Pathan
35. Based on the recommendations of FIPB the Indian Government on 23 March 2011 approved 14 Foreign Direct Investment proposals and 27 proposals. What is the total worth of the FDI proposals accepted by the government?
a. Rs 1289 crore
b. Rs 1500 crore
c. Rs 1342 crore
d. Rs 1100 crore
36. The finance ministry has opposed the Reserve Bank of India’s suggestion to restrict foreign direct investment in new banks. RBI had restricted foreign direct investment in new banks to what percentage?
37. Consider the following statements-
1. CAG in March 2011 sent a questionnaire consisting 40 questions to the telecom ministry on 2G spectrum allocation scam and other developments in the sector.
2. The department of telecom (DoT) was asked as to why the spectrum (radio waves) allocation was not delinked from the licence as it was known that spectrum was scarce vis-a-vis the demand.
3. The Parliamentary panel wanted to know whether DoT consulted telecom regulator TRAI regarding the “No Cap” recommendation on number of operators in a circle.
4. The loss incurred by the exchequer as a result of the 2G scam is estimated to be Rs 185379 crore
Which of the above mentioned statements related to the 2G scam is true?
a. All of the above statements
b. 1 & 4
c. 2 & 3
d. 2 & 4
38. Which of the following bodies ordered restriction on transmitting unauthenticated news by brokers and wealth managers on blogs and mobile phones in an effort to prevent stock manipulation through rumours?
39. Which of the following bodies put off indefinitely the new rules governing unwanted telemarketing calls which were supposed to be implemented from 21 March 2019?
a. Department of Telecommunication (DoT)
b. Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI)
c. Indian Ministry of communication & Technology
d. HRD Ministry
40. The Indian government in March 2019 conferred the Miniratna status on which of the following PSUs?
a. National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC)
b. Air India Charters Ltd
c. Cement Corporation of India
d. HMT Machine Tools Ltd
41. Gilead Sciences, a California based bio-pharmaceutical research firm, and its patent partner, Roche Holding AG, have sued which of the following Indian generic drug makers in March 2019 for allegedly infringing a US patent for Tamiflu, a drug used in treatment of bird and swine-flu infections?
a. Dr Reddy’s
b. Natco Pharma
c. Ranbaxy Laboratories
42. AT&T on Sunday announced that it had agreed to buy T-Mobile USA from which of the following telecom companies for $39 billion?
a. Deutsche Telekom
b. Sprint Nextel
c. Verizon Wireless
43. A consortium comprising two companies acquired the IPL’s global Internet, mobile and audio rights, along with television rights in specific territories outside India, for the next four years. The consortium bagged the rights with a winning bid of Rs 261.6 crore in Chennai on 20 March 2019. Which are the two companies included in the consortium?
a. TIL & Nimbus Communication
b. Reliance Big Pictures & Zoom
c. TIL & Colors
d. Zoom and UTV Motion Pictures
44. HCL Technologies on Thursday announced the expansion of its Smart Grid partner ecosystem by entering into strategic alliances with two data management software firms focused on the smart grid market. Which are the two firms with which HCL has entered into an alliance?
3. Cape Gemini
a. 1 & 2
b. 2 & 3
c. 2 & 4
d. 1 & 4
45. In India’s first sale of rupee perpetual bonds by a non-finance company Rs 1500 crore ($332 million) was raised. Name the non-finance company.
a. Tata Steel
b. Pantallons Retail
d. Maruti Suzuki
46. Online marketplace eBay India, in association with leading apparel brand Reebok auctioned a bat autographed by Indian cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni. The proceeds of the auction will go to which of the following NGOs?
c. All Bengal Women’s Union
47. Who did HDFC Bank, the country’s second-largest private sector lender appoint in March 2019 to head its investment banking division?
a. Rakesh Singh
b. Charul Madan
c. Gaurav Khungar
d. Atul Singh
48. Read the following statements with regard to a veteran Bollywood actor.
1. The actor was first introduced in Bollywood movies by actor-filmmaker Sanjay Khan in the film Abdullah.
2. He essayed the role of villain in more than 200 films.
3. He was seen in movies like Kaalia, Mard, Nastik, Qurbani, Mr India etc
4. The actor’s biography, Flashback: My Times in Bollywood and Beyond, was to be released by Akshay Kumar in June 2011.
5. He died at the Jayadeva Institute of Cardiology in Bangalore on 20 March 2019.
Identify the actor being referred to.
a. Bob Christo
b. Amjad Khan
c. Sadashiv Amrapurkar
d. Milind Gunaji
49. Former Israeli president Moshe Katsav was on 22 March 2019 sentenced to seven years in jail after being convicted for rape. To which of the following parties does he belong to?
c. United Torah Judaism
d. Labor Party
50. The prime minister has constituted a committee to suggest rules and regulations for government procurement based on global best practices though India is a not a member of the GPA. What is the full form of GPA?
a. Government’s People Act
b. Government Procurement Act
c. Governmental Public Association
d. Government for Procurement Agency
51. A weeklong exhibition of handloom and handicrafts, Bihar Utsav-2019 was organised by the Bihar Government in March 2011 to commemorate Bihar’s Foundation Day. When was the modern State of Bihar carved out of Bengal Presidency?
a. 22 March 1912
b. 2 March 1913
c. 31 March 1913
d. 7 March 1912
52. A short film, Eclipse In Taregna which is about 2019 solar eclipse in Targena, a small hamlet in Bihar won the Founder’s Choice Award at which of the following international film festivals in March 2019?
a. India International Film Festival
b. Tampa Bay
c. Queens World Film Festival
d. New York Indian Film Festival
53. Which one of the following social activist declared in March 2019 that he would sit on a fast on 5 April 2019 in Delhi in support of the introduction of Lokpal Bill to check corruption?
a. Anna Hazare
b. Medha Patkar
c. Aruna Roy
d. Bhaurao Patil
54. British Scientists discovered a cholesterol regulating protein which plays an important role in the formation of thrombosis a kind of blood clot that can result into heart attacks and strokes. What is the name of that protein?
Answer: (a) LXR
55. A report by the Climate Group, named India’s Clean Revolution, published on 18 March 2019 revealed that the market for low carbon goods and services in India could reach 135 billion US dollars by the year___.
Answer: (a) 2020
56. A New Technology Called High Tibial Osteotomy was developed in India to cure which one of the followings?
c) Knee Problems
d) Skin Cancer
Answer: (c) Knee Problems
57. Scientists from which one of the following countries created a herd of more than 200 cows that is capable of producing milk similar to that of humans?
Answer: (a) China
58. A study of the conservation needs of the Kimberley region showed that dozens of mammals, lizards, birds and other vertebrates are endangered because of hunting by feral cats and destruction of their habitat by wild donkeys and fires. In which one of the following countries Kimberley region is located?
Answer: (b) Australia
59. Chennai-based two-wheeler maker TVS Motor Company launched its premium Apache RTR 180 bike on 11 March 2019. Which unique technology does the bike boast of?
a. Special cooling technology
b. anti-lock braking system technology
c. petrol control technology
d. shock absorb technology
60. TPG and the Shriram Group will take over which one of the following retail chains through a joint venture subsidiary of the two companies- TPG Wholesale Private Limited?
a. Vishal Retail
b. Arvind Brands
c. Classic Fashions
d. Heritage Foods (India) Ltd
61. Nippon Life in March 2019 agreed to pick up what percentage of shares in Reliance Life Insurance for Rs 3602 crore marking the single largest foreign direct investment in the insurance sector and the first M&A transaction after IRDA capped life insurance charges in October 2019?
62. India’s largest carmaker, Maruti Suzuki India Ltd rolled out its 10 millionth car on 15 March 2019. Which car was Maruti Suzuki’s 10 millionth car?
a. blue Wagon-R
b. red Maruti Omni
c. red Swift Dezire
d. black Ritz
63. IT hardware firm HCL Infosystems announced on 17 March 2019 that it bagged an order worth Rs 300 crore from which of the following to deploy Wideband CDMA-based portable wireless network?
a. Indian Navy
b. Indian Air Force
d. Indian Army
64. Hindustan Unilever’s toothpaste brand Close Up tied up with which of the following gaming portals for the Close Up’s new variant Fire-Freeze?
65. An Inter-Ministerial Group (IMG) to monitor the process of their release of 53 Indians on five hijacked ships being kept hostage in Somalia was decided to set up. Name the Cabinet Committee which in its meeting on 11 March 2011 decided to set up the IMG.
a. Cabinet Committee on Foreign Relations
b. Defence Committee of the Cabinet
c. Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs
d. Cabinet Committee on Security
66. Which of the following missiles was not test-fired on 11 March 2019 by India’s Strategic Forces Command (SFC) establishing readiness of India’s nuclear deterrence systems?
4. Ballistic Air Defence Missile System
a. 1 & 3
b. 2 & 4
c. 1 & 2
d. 3 & 4
67. A devastating earthquake struck Japan on 11 March 2019 shaking buildings in a large swath of the country and giving rise to a 30 foot tsunami. What was the magnitude of the earthquake that hit Japan?
68. Japan declared states of emergency for five nuclear reactors at two power plants after the units lost cooling ability in the aftermath of the powerful earthquake that struck on 11 March 2019. Which are the two nuclear plants where Japan declared a state of emergency following the earthquake?
1. Fukushima Daini site
2. Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant
3. Kushima Nuclear Power Plant
4. Ashihama Nuclear Power Plant
a. 1 & 3
b. 2 & 4
c. 1 & 2
d. 2 & 3
69. Which Indian river-island was nominated by the Indian government to be included in the cultural landscape category of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) World Heritage list?
c. Nimati Ghat
d. North Lakhimpur
70. Who among the following list of journalists was on 15 March 2019 conferred the Chameli Devi Jain award 2010 for an outstanding woman media person?
a. Shahina K K
b. Shireen Bhan
c. Prabha Dutt
d. Bachi Karkaria
71. Bollywood’s own Razzies, the annual Golden Kela Awards named which actor was selected as the worst actor for his role in a film released in 2019?
a. Salman Khan for Veer
b. Shah Rukh Khan for My Name is Khan
c. Imran Khan for I Hate Love Stories
d. Hrithik Roshan for Guzaarish
72. Mauritius has conferred one of his highest honours, Grand Commander of the Order of the Star and the Key of the Indian Ocean, on which of the following presidents?
a. Maldivian President Mohamed Nasheed
b. Indian President Pratibha Patil
c. US President barack Obama
d. French President Nicolas Sarkozy
73. Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) released its latest report on trends in the international arms trade on 14 March 2019. According to the report which country has been the world’s biggest weapons importer over the past five years?
c. South Korea
74. Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) released its latest report on trends in the international arms trade on 14 March 2019. When did SIPRI come into being?
75. Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on 11 March 2019 announced in Lok Sabha an increase in the allocation under the Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLAD) Scheme from Rs.2 crore to Rs.5 crore per Member. When was the MPLAD scheme introduced?
76. Union Minister of Finance Pranab Mukherjee declared in the Lok Sabha on 11 March 2019 the extension of the existing Interest Subvention Scheme of providing short term loans to farmers at 7% interest with additional interest subvention for timely repayment to which of the following group?
a. Small scale entrepreneurs
b. Cottage industries & handicraft professionals
77. Indian agriculture needs Rs 108000 crore to fight climate change in the next five years to ensure food for all at a reasonable price by 2020. National Mission for Sustainable Agriculture is implemented under which of the following?
b. Bharat Nirman
c. Prime Minister’s National Action Plan on Climate Change
d. Accelerated Fodder Development Programme
78. Read the following sentences with regard to NSIC.
1. National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) is a public sector undertaking under the ministry of micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME).
2. NSIC was awarded the Mini Ratna status by the Indian Governmnet on 3 March 2019.
3. NSIC has a marked presence both in the service as well as the manufacturing sectors.
4. NSIC acts as a facilitator to promote small industries through various user-friendly and demand-driven schemes
Which of the following sentence/sentences is/are not true with regards to NSIC?
a. Only 3
b. 1 & 3
c. Only 2
d. 2 & 4
79. In February 2019 imports rose to $31.70 billion, up 21.2 per cent over the same period in 2010 while exports rose 49.8 per cent to $23.60 billion. What was the trade deficit in February 2019?
a. (-)8.1 billion
b. (-)8 billion
c. (-)8.3 billion
d. (-)8.8 billion
80. The Reserve of India on 17 March 2011 increased the interest rate at which it injects liquidity into the banking system by 25 basis points to 6.75 per cent (repo rate). It also revised its inflation projection for March-end 2019 from 7 % to _?
81. An international team of scientists, led by the Australian National University recently discovered evidence that the body’s immune cells often share information about foreign substances with each other to ward of invaders. The study can help increase the immunity level in human body against pathogens and cancer. Which of the followings are the symptoms of Cancer?
i) Weight Loss
ii) Excessive Sweating
iii) Lumps and Swelling (tumour)
iv) Enlargement of Spleen
Please choose the correct option:
a) i, ii, iii and iv
b) i and ii only
c) i, ii and iii
Answer: (a) I, ii, iii and iv
82. According to an extensive genetic study on modern humans, two conclusions were drawn out.
i) There is an enormous amount of diversity in the African hunter-gatherer populations.
ii) The genetic diversity among 27 present-day African populations originated in southern Africa and progressed to northern Africa.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
a) Both i and ii
b) Neither I and ii
c) Only i
d) Only ii
Answer: (a) both i and ii
83. A massive Tsunami caused by a devastating earthquake of the 8.9 magnitude hit about 400 km north-east of Tokyo, capital of Japan. Consider the following statements regarding Tsunami.
i) A Tsunami is a series of ocean waves that sends surges of water, reaching heights of over 100 feet onto land.
ii) Most tsunamis, about 80 percent, happen within the Pacific Ocean’s Ring of Fire, a geologically active area where tectonic shifts make earthquakes and volcanoes common.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
a) Both i and ii
b) Only i
c) Only ii
d) Neither i nor ii
Answer: (a) Both i and ii
84. A massive Tsunami caused by a devastating earthquake of the 8.9 magnitude hit about 400 km north-east of Tokyo, capital of Japan. Where is the Pacific Tsunami Warning System headquartered?
Answer: (a) Hawai
85. A massive Tsunami caused by a devastating earthquake of the 8.9 magnitude hit about 400 km north-east of Tokyo, capital of japan. What are the possible factors which can cause Tsunami?
ii) A landslide
iii) A volcanic eruption or explosion
iv) Impact by a meteorite
Please choose the right option
a) i, ii, iii and iv
b) i and ii only
c) ii and iii only
d) i and iv only
Answer: (a) i, ii, iii and iv
86. As per the official data released by TRAI on 9 March 2011, which state in MNP Zone-2 recorded the maximum number of request for mobile number portability by end of February 2019?
a. Tamil Nadu
c. West Bengal
Answer: (b) Karnataka
87. The Enforcement Directorate has booked Pune-based real estate agent and stud farm owner Hasan Ali Khan under section 3 of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA), 2002. When did PMLA come into existence?
Answer: (c) 2005
88. The e-commerce portal of India Post, was launched by Union Minister Kapil Sibal on 9 March 2011 provide postal services online. Which among the following is the correct name of the portal?
a. e-post office
b. e-post service
c. e-postal services
d. India Post e-commerce
Answer: (a) e-post office
89. Steel tycoon Lakshmi Mittal overtook Mukesh Ambani to become the wealthiest Indian as per the annual Forbes list of World Billionaires for 2019. What is Lakshmi Mittal’s ranking in the list?
Answer: (b) Sixth
90. According to the Economic Survey of India 2010-11, Forex Reserves estimated at __ US dollars.
a) 297.3 billion US dollars
b) 245.6 billion US dollars
c) 285.4 billion US dollars
d) 113.2 billion US dollars
Answer: (a) 297.3 billion US dollars
91. Consider the following statements regarding the Economic Survey of India 2019-11.
i) Agriculture likely to grow at 5.4% in 2019-20
ii) Trade Gap narrowed to 82.01 billion US dollars in April-December 2019
iii) 59% rise in Bank Credit
Please choose the right option:
a) All the three statements i, ii and iii are correct ; b) only I and ii are correct
b) All three statements are wrong ; d) only i) is correct
Answer: (a) All three Statements i, ii and iii are correct
92. India’s External debt stood at 295.8 billion US dollars at the end of September 2019, recording an increase of 33.5 billion US dollars ove the level of end-March 2019. The rise in debt was largely due to
i) Higher Commercial borrowings; ii) Short-term trade credits
iii) Multilateral government borrowings
Please choose the right option:
a) Only i b) only i and ii
b) Only i and iii ; d) All I,ii and iii
Answer: (d) All i, ii and iii
93. Consider the following statements:
1. India’s exports crossed the USD 200 billion mark in the first eleven months of the 2019-20 fiscal.
2. The trade gap for the first 11 months of the financial year 2010-11 stood at USD 97.1 billion.
3. African countries and Japan were the traditional markets for Indian exporters during the 2019-20.
4. The current forecast for the 2019-20 is USD 230-235 billion.
Which of the statement given above is not correct?
Answer: (c) 3
94. Foreign Minister of Brazil Antonio Patriota, reached India for a five day visit on 5 March 2019 for the Bilateral and the IBSA Ministerial meetings. What was the major agreement signed between Indian & Brazil during this period?
a. Air Services Agreement
b. Agreement on disarmament & non-proliferation
c. Bilateral trade and investment agreement
d. Climate change agreement
Answer: (a) Air Services Agreement
95. Which of the following days in March is observed as the International Children Broadcasting Day?
a. 6 March
b. 7 March
c. 9 March
d. 13 March
Answer: (a) 6 March
96. Singapore on 5 March 2019 appointed Brigadier General Ravinder Singh as its next army chief. Who was the first ever Sikh and non-Chinese to take up the post of army chief of Singapore in 1982?
a. Colonel Mancharan Singh Gill
b. Hari Singh Nalwa
c. Harchand Singh
d. Nirmal Chandra Suri
Answer: (a) Colonel Mancharan Singh Gill
97. Which one of the following states recently announced 2-year child care leave for its women employees?
b) Uttar Pradesh
c) Tamil Nadu
Answer: (d) Uttarakhand
98. The Foreign Ministers of the Least Developed Countries (LDC) and India attended the India-LCD Ministerial Conference on 18-19 February 2019. Where it was held?
a) New Delhi
Answer: (a) New Delhi
99. What was the theme of International Women’s day in 2019?
a) Equal Access to Education, Training and Science and Technology: Pathway to Decent Work for Women.
b) Celebrating Women’s Power
c) Equality, Freedom and Unity
d) Equal Opportunities for All
Answer: (a) Equal Access to Education, Training and Science and Technology: Pathway to Decent Work for Women.
100. Illinois became __th State of the United States to abolish the death penalty when its Governor Pat Quinn announced the decision on 9 March 2019?
Answer: (b) 16th
- Data Entry Operators Exam 2020 All details
- Data Entry Operators Aptitude Question Paper
- Data Entry Operators Reasoning Question Paper
- Data Entry Operators General English Question Paper
- Data Entry Operators Question Paper Study Materials.