PTCUL Electrical & Electronics Question Paper for Uttarakhand Power Transmission.
Free download pdf Uttarakhand Power Transmission Placement Assistant Engineer (Trainee) Question Paper Previous Year Old Paper 2020 Last 10 Years Papers with solution, Last Year PTCUL Question Papers, Previous year PTCUL Electrical, Electronics, Electrical & Electronics, Electronics & Communication Question Papers solved, Where can i get Past PTCUL question paper with solution answers Past Previous year Question Papers for Students download free, Old PTCUL Assistant Engineer (Trainee) question papers with solution,
PTCUL Electrical & Electronics Question Paper for Uttarakhand Power Transmission
Q. Power diode is generally made from
d) None of these
Q. When the both junction of NPN diode is reverse biased, then the diode is in which mode
Q. Which transistor mode gives the inverted output
a) Common Emitter
b) Common Base
c) Common Collector
d) None of these
Q. Which coupling gives the higher gain in case of amplifier
a) Capacitor coupling
b) Impedance coupling
Q. Which distortion is least objectionable in audio amplification
Q. A narrow band amplifier has a band pass nearly…………of central frequency
Q. Phase shift oscillator consists
Q. Multivibrater Produces
a) Sine wave
b) Square wave
c) Smooth wave
Q. Convert the 101101 Binary number into octal no
APGENCO SUB ENGINEER,S ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
1. ELEMENTS OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING :
a. Comprehend basic principles of electricity.
b. Know the magnetic effects of electric current.
c. Understand electromagnetic induction.
d. Understand electric charge and electrostatic field.
2. ELECTRICAL CIRCUITS:
a. Understand Kirchoff`s laws and star delta Transformations and Network Theorems.
b. Comprehend the relationship between quantities connected with alternating current.
c. Comprehend the single phase A.C. Circuits.
d. Poly Phase Circuits.
3. D.C. MACHINES:
a. Fundamentals of D.C. Generators.
b. Armature Reaction and Characteristics of D.C. Generator.
c. Fundamentals of D.C. Motors.
d. Speed Control and Starters for D.C. Motors.
e. Characteristics and Testing of D.C. Motors.
4. ELECTRICAL MEASURING INSTRUMENTS & BATTERIES:
a. Know the classification of different measuring instruments.
b. Understand the construction and working of different electrical measuring instruments.
c. Understand the method of measurement of resistance.
d. Transducers and Sensors
e. Understand Batteries
5. A.C MACHINES:
a. Understand the working of Single Phase Transformers.
b. To understand Three Phase Transformers.
c. Know the classification, construction, working and testing of alternators.
d. Comprehend the procedure for voltage control and synchronization.
e. Comprehend the working of synchronous motors.
f. Comprehend the working of three phase induction motor.
g. Comprehend the working of single Phase induction motor.
h. Comprehend the working of single Phase commutator motor.
6. POWER SYSTEMS:
a. Understand the various sources of Power Generation.
b. Understand working of Thermal Power Station.
c. Understand Hydroelectric Power Station.
d. Understand the working of Nuclear & Gas Power Stations.
e. Comprehend combined operation and economics of power stations.
f. Comprehend the need for transmission and choice of supply system.
g. Line structure for transmission and distribution.
h. Underground Cables.
i. Understand different types of switchgear, fuses and reactors and their working
j. Protective relays.
k. Protection of alternators, transformer and transmission line.
l. Lighting arrestors and neutral grounding.
a. Passive Components (Resistors, Capacitors and Inductors).
b. Know the semi-conductor Devices.
c. Understand the working principle of Power supply circuits.
d. Understand the performance of Special Devices.
e. Understand the principle of Working of Amplifiers.
f. Understand the Principle of Working of Small Signal Amplifiers.
g. Understand the principle of working of Amplifiers.
h. Understand the Principle of Oscillators.
i. Appreciate the need for Modulation and Demodulation.
j. Electronic instruments and Industrial Applications.
k. Know the Basics of ICs.
l Know the basics of digital electronics.
m. Understand the working of combination logic circuits.
n. Understand the working of sequential logic circuits
o. Understand working of registers and memories.
8. ELECTRICAL UTILIZATION AND TRACTION:
a. Understand the principles of lighting.
b. Understand Principle of electric heating, welding and its industrial application.
c. Electric traction systems.
9. GENERAL MECHANICAL ENGINEERING:
a. I.C. Engines – Boilers – Turbines.
b. Understand the working of the centrifugal pumps.
a. Understand the features of MS-word
b. Understand working with MS-Excel
c. Understand MS-Power point
d. Understand working with MS-Access.
11. INDUSTRIAL MANAGEMENT AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP:
a. Understand the principles of management as applied to industry.
b. Know the organization structure of an industry and the behavior of an individual in an organization.
c. Understand the different aspect of production management.
d. Understands the role of material management industries.
e. Understand marketing, sales and feasibility study.
f. Comprehend the provisions of industrial legislation in India and safety procedures.
g. Understand ISO 9000 and TQM
h. Understand the role of entrepreneur in economic development and in improving the quality of life.
1. Mho relay is usually employed for the protection of
a) Short lines only
b) Medium lines only
c) Long lines only
d) Any line
Ans: Long lines only
2. A modern power semiconductor device IGBT is combines the characteristics of
a) BJT and MOSFET
b) FCT and GTO
c) SCR and MOSFET
d) SCR and BJT
Ans: BJT and MOSFET
3. For a single-phase a.c. to d.c. controlled rectifier to operate in regenerative mode, which of the following conditions should be satisfied?
a) Half –controlled bridge, a 90°, source of e.m.f. in load
c) Full-controlled bridge, a > 90°, source of e.m.f. in load
d) Full-controlled bridge, a 90°, source of e.m.f. in load
4. Which is the most suitable power device for high frequency ( more 100 kHz) switching application?
a) Power MOSFET
Ans: Power MOSFET
5. In a thyristor Latching current is ________ than Holding current
6. The transfer function of a system is 10/(1+s) when operating as a unity feedback system, the steady state error to a step input will be
7. Which one of the following statements for a dc machine which is provided with inter pole winding (IW) as well as compensating winding (CW) is correct
a) Both IW and CW are connected in series with Armature winding
b) Both IW and CW are connected in parallel with Armature winding
c) IW connected in series but CW is connected in parallel with Armature winding
d) CW connected in series but IW is connected in parallel with Armature winding
Ans: Both IW and CW are connected in series with Armature winding
8. A 0-10 mA PMMC ammeter reads 5mA in a circuit; its bottom control spring snaps out suddenly the meter will now read.
9. A dc cumulatively compounded motor delivers rated load torque at rated speed. If series field is short circuited, then the armature current and speed will
a) Both increases
b) Both decreases
c) Increases and decreases
d) Decreases and increases
Ans: Both increases
10. Moving coil in dynamometer wattmeter connected
a) In series with fixed coil
b) Across supply
c) In series with load
d) Across load
Ans: Across supply
11. In an induction machine, if the air gap increased
a) Speed will be reduced
b) Efficiency will be improved
c) Power factor will be lowered
d) Breakdown torque will be reduced
Ans: Power factor will be lowered
12. A CRO screen has ten divisions on the horizontal scale. If a voltage signal 5 sin 314t+45 deg)is examined with a line base settings of 5 msec/div, the number of cycles of signal displayed on the screen will be
a) 0.5 cycles
b) 2.5 cycles
c) 5 cycles
d) 10 cycles
Ans: 2.5 cycles
13. A 3-phase 50HZ SCIM takes a power input of 30 KW at its full load speed of 1440 rpm. Total stator losses are 1 KW. The slip and rotor ohmic losses at full load are
a) 0.02, 600 W
b) 0.04, 580 W
c) 0.04, 1160 W
d) 0.04, 1200 W
Ans: 0.04, 1160 W
14. Thermocouple is used to measure
15. The two watt meters measurement the ratio of two meter readings is –(1-sqrt3):( 1+sqrt3) then the power factor is
16. Hays bridge is used to measure___________ and Schering bridge is used to measure____________
a) Inductance, Inductance
b) Inductance, Capacitance
c) Capacitance, Inductance
d) Resistance, Capacitance
Ans: Inductance, Capacitance
17. When sine wave is given as input to Schmitt trigger then its generates
a) Sine wave
b) Saw tooth wave
c) Triangle wave
d) Square wave
Ans: Square wave
18. In Gauss Seidel method the following factors are influenced for operation
a) Acceleration factor
b) Selection of slack buss
Ans: Selection of slack buss*
i. (X’+Y’) A. Low-pass filter function
ii. (X’Y’) B. Sum
iii. (XY) C. NAND
a) i-C, ii-E, iii-D
b) i-C, ii-E, iii-B
c) i-C, ii-B, iii-D
d) i-C, ii-E, iii-A
Ans: i-C, ii-E, iii-D
20. The phase lead compensation is used to
a) Increase rise time and decrease overshoot
b) Decrease both rise time and overshoot
c) Increase both rise time and overshoot
d) Decrease rise time and increase overshoot
Ans: Decrease rise time and increase overshoot