SSC CGL Tier II GK Question Paper Answer Combined Graduate Level.
1. The common tree species in Nilgiri Hills is:
2. Which of the following statements on Railway Budget 2011-12 is correct?
(A)There would be a 10% increase in fares for long distance train travel both by AC
and NONAC classes
(B)There would be 15% increase in freight rates on all goods other than food grains
(C)There would be 15% increase in passenger fares for all classes for long distance
(D)There would be no increase in fares for both suburban and long distance travel
3. The nuclear reactors which were damaged heavily due to strong Earthquake-cum-Tsunami that hit Japan on March 11, 2011 causing radiation leakage at:
(D)None of them
4. First Indian Prime Minister to visit Siachen was ?
(B)Inder Kumar Gujaral
(D)None of them
Answer: Manmohan Singh
5. Which of the following books has been written by Kishwar Desai?
(A)The Red Devil
(B)Witness the night
(C)Tonight this Savage Rite
(D)Earth and Ashes
Answer: Witness the Night.
6. Which of the following folk / tribal dances is associated with Karnataka?
7. Who of the following received the Sangeet Natak Academi’s Ustad Bismillah Khan Puraskar for 2009 in theatre?
(A)Omkar Shrikant Dadarkar
(B)Ragini chander sarkar
(C)Abanti Chakraborty and Sukracharjya Rabha
(D)K Nellai Maniknandan
Answer: Abanti Chakraborty and Sukracharjya Rabha
8. Which of the following country did not win any of the FIFA cup in 2002, 2006 and 2010?
Answer: South Africa
9. Who invented vaccination for small pox?
(A)Sir Frederick Grant Banting
(B)Sir Alexander Fleming
Answer: Edward Jenner
10. Who was the first Indian to become the member of British parliament?
(A)Bankim Chandra Chaterjee
(B)W C Banerjee
(D)None of the above
Answer: Dadabhai Naoroji
11. The purchase of shares and bonds of Indian companies by Foreign Institutional Investors is called?
(D)Foreign Indirect Investment
Answer: Investment in securities, funds, by FII is Foreign Indirect Investment
12. BT Seed is associated with which among the following?
13. The headquarters of International Atomic Energy Agency is in ?
14. In the Budget estimates of 2011-12, an allocation of Rs. 400 Crore has been made to bring in second green revolution in East in the rice based cropping system of ____?
(A)Assam and West Bengal
(B)Assam, West Bengal, Odisha, Bihar & Jharkhand
(C)Assam, West Bengal, Odisha, Bihar
(D)Assam, West Bengal, Odisha, Bihar, Jharkhand , Eastern Uttar Pradesh and
Answer: Assam, West Bengal, Orissa, Bihar, Jharkhand, Eastern Uttar Pradesh and Chattisgarh.
15. In the Budget 2011-12, presented by the Finance Minister on 28.2.2011, the income tax limit for senior citizens has been increased to ?
(A)Rs. 2.50 Lakh
(B)Rs. 2.60 Lakh
(C)Rs. 2.80 Lakh
(D)Rs. 3.00 Lakh
Answer: Rs. 2.50 Lakh. Above 80, its 5 Lakh
16. If the Anglo Indian community does not get adequate representation in the Lok Sabha, two members of the community can be nominated by:
(D)President in consultation with Parliament
17. For the election of President of India, a citizen should have completed the age of___?
Answer: 35 Years
18. Who said: “Good citizen makes a good state and bad citizen makes a bad state”?
19. Member of parliament will lose his membership if he is continuously absent from sessions for
Answer: 60 Days
20. In Indian , Residuary Powers are vested in ___?
(C)Both Union and State Government
Answer: Union Government
21. Mention the place where Buddha attained enlightment?
22. Coronation of Shivaji took place in which year?
Answer: 6 June 1674
23. The system of Dyarchy was introduced in ___?
Answer: 1919, Government of India Act 1919 had introduced the system of Dyarchy to govern the provinces of British India.
24. The editor of Young India and Harijan was ____?
(D)Subhash Chandra Bose
Answer: Mahatma Gandhi
25. Who of the following attended all the three round table conferences?
(A)B R Ambedkar
(B)M M Malviya
(C)Vallabh Bhai Patel
Answer: B R Ambedkar.
26. Which is the largest living bird on Earth?
27. Rihand Dam project provides irrigation to ____?
(A)Gujarat & Maharastra
(B)Odisha and West Bengal
(C)Uttar Pradesh and Bihar
(D)Kerala and Karnataka
28. The Headquarters of MCF (Master Control Facility) is
Answer: Hassan , Now Bhopal also.
29. Which is the longest irrigation canal in India?
(A)Sir hind Canal
(C)Indira Gandhi Canal
(D)East Kosi Canal
Answer: Indira Gandhi Canal
30. Which one of the following minerals is found in Monazite Sand?
31. Which plant is called ‘Herbal Indian Doctor” ?
32. In Coriander, useful parts are?
(A)Roots and leaves
(B)leaves and flowers
(C)leaves and dried fruits
(D)flowers and dried fruits
Answer: leaves and dried fruits
33. The pH of Human Blood is ___?
34. Which among the following is the largest endocrine gland of country?
35. Which amongst the following is the largest mammal?
Answer: Whale (Blue Whale).
36. Which part becomes modified as the tusk of elephant?
Answer: second upper incisors
37. Optical fibres are based upon the phenomenon of which of the following?
(D)Total Internal Reflection
Answer: Total Internal Reflection
38. Now a days, Yellow lamps are frequently used as street lights. Which among the following gases, is used in these lamps?
39. Mirage is an example of ____?
(A)Refraction of light
(B)Total Internal Reflection of Light
(C)Refraction and Total Internal Reflection of Light
(D)Dispersion of Light
Answer: Refraction and Total Internal Reflection of Light
40. The phenomenon of light associated with the appearance of blue color of sky is?
41. In which of the following areas, spreadsheet software is more useful?
42. A Groupware is a
Answer: Groupware is collaborative software . Correct option B
43. Lens is made up of ___?
Answer: Flint glass
44. The element which is used for vulcanizing rubber is?
45. Which of the following is responsible for extra strength of Pyrex glass?
46. The Noble Gas used for the treatment of cancer is ___?
Answer: Radon, in radiation therapy,
47. Vasundhara Summit was held in __?
Answer: Brazil, Rio De Janeiro
48. Loktak is a ____?
Answer: Lake, in Manipur
49. Which city receives the highest cosmic radiation amongst the following>
Answer: New Delhi.