Coal India Recruitment 2012 Management Trainees Jobs Vacancy Career www.coalindia.in
Coal India Limited (CIL) – a Schedule ‘A’ – MAHARATNA Public Sector Undertaking under Ministry of Coal, Government of India, is the single largest coal producing company in the World and the largest corporate employer with approx 3.8 lakh employees, contributing around 81% of the total coal production in India. We produce non-coking coal and coking coal of various grades for diverse applications. It operates 471 mines in 21 major coalfields across eight states in India (West Bengal, Jharkhand, Orissa, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Uttar Pradesh & Assam). In Financial year 2011 – 2012, Coal India produced 436 million tonnes of coal and has plans to increase its production up to 464 million tonnes by the end of 2012-13. 74% of total coal production of CIL caters to 72 out of 75 thermal power stations of the country. The Company is also undertaking many mining operations abroad and joint ventures.
Coal India Recruitment 2012 Management Trainees Jobs Vacancy Career www.coalindia.in
In order to meet the challenges, Coal India requires young, energetic and dynamic persons as Management Trainees in different disciplines. The details are as under –
1.0 QUALIFICATION & ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
|Mining, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Chemical/Mineral, Electronics & Telecommunications, Industrial Engg.||Minimum 60% marks in BE/ B.Tech/ AMIE/B.Sc (Engg.) in relevant branch of Engineering|
|Systems||Minimum 60% marks in BE/ B.Tech/ BSc. (Engg) in Computer Science/ Computer Engg. / IT or MCA with minimum 60% marks.|
|Environment||Degree in Environmental Engg. with minimum 60% marks Or any Engg. Degree with PG Degree/Diploma in Environmental Engg from a recognized University/Institute with minimum 60% marks.|
|Geology||M. Sc/ M. Tech. in Geology or Applied Geology with minimum 60% marks|
|Materials Management||Engineering degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with MBA/ PG Diploma in Management with minimum 60% marks.|
|Finance & Accounts||Qualified CA / ICWA|
|Personnel & HR||Graduates with at least two years full time Post Graduate degree /PG Diploma/Post Graduate Program in Management with specialization in HR/Industrial Relations/Personnel Management or MHROD or MBA or Master of Social work with specialization in HR from recognized Indian University/Institutes with minimum 60% marks.|
|Legal||Graduate in Law of 3yrs/5yrs duration from a recognized University/Institute with minimum 60% marks|
|Sales & Marketing||Recognised degree with MBA /PG Diploma in Management with specialization in Marketing (major) from Institute / University with minimum 60% marks|
|Rajbhasha (Hindi)||MA in Hindi with minimum 60% marks and Graduation with Hindi and English as main subjects with minimum 50% marks|
- Where % of marks is not awarded by the institute and only grades (eg. GPA / CGPA / CQPI) are awarded, the same should be converted to the exact equivalent % of marks as per the following formula –
On a 10 point scale CGPA/GPA of 6.0 will be considered as 60%.
- The MBA/PG Diploma/PG Degree/ M.Sc / M.Tech must be from recognized University/Institutes recognized by appropriate statutory authority in India and should be of 2 years regular/full time course.
- The above minimum marks are for General & OBC (Non Creamy Layer) category candidates. For SC/ST & Persons with disability (Minimum 40% disability), 5% relaxation in qualification is given in minimum marks.
- Final year / semester students can also apply provided they get their final results before the date of personal interviews , which is planned in September 2012.
However, the minimum criteria of marks shall also apply for them for the completed degree.
Clarification on the relevant branch of Engineering:
|Discipline||Eligible relevant branch of Engineering||Not eligible branches of Engineering|
|Mechanical||Mechanical||Production, Industrial , Automation, Thermal, Manufacturing Engineering and Combination of Mechanical Engineering and any of these or similar branches.|
|Electrical||Electrical, Electrical & Electronics Engineering||Instrumentation & Control, Power System, Power Electronics, Power Engineering and combination of Electrical with any of these or similar branches|
|Electronics & Telecommunication||Electronics & Telecommunication; Electronics & Communication||Instrumentation, Instrumentation & Control, Electrical, Instrumentation & Control and Electronics Engineering in combination with any other branch.|
|Industrial Engineering||Industrial Engineering||Production & Industrial Engineering, or any such other combinations with Industrial Engineering.|
|Civil||Civil||Civil with Architecture or Structural Engineering or any other combinations with Civil|
|Minimum criteria for marks||Upper age limit as on 1.06.2012|
|UR / OBC||SC / ST / PH||Remarks||UR||OBC (Non Creamy Layer)||SC / ST||Persons with disability (PWD)|
|60% or CGPA of 6.0 on a 10.0 point scale||55% or CGPA of 5.5 on a 10.0 point scale||Average of all semesters / years to be considered||30 yrs||33 yrs||35 yrs||Additional 10 yrs relaxation|
|Projected Vacancies including unfilled reserved vacancies|
|DISCIPLINE CODE||DISCIPLINE||GENERAL||SC||ST||OBC(Non Creamy Layer)||TOTAL||Type of disability permitted for identified posts|
|08||Electronics & Telecommunications||4||1||1||3||9||HH, OH|
|09||Systems||15||4||2||8||29||HH, VH. OH|
|12||Materials Management||13||2||3||8||26||VH, OH, HH|
|13||Sales & Marketing||12||3||2||6||23||VH, OH, HH|
|14||Personnel / HR||49||21||6||34||110||VH, HH, OH|
|16||Rajbhasha/ Hindi||2||1||–||2||5||OH, VH, HH|
OH – Orthopedically handicapped; HH – Hearing handicapped; VH – Visually handicapped
* 72 posts are reserved for Persons with disability (min 40% disability) as per Government Of India norms against the identified posts
Note: Number of vacancies is tentative and may increase or decrease as per requirement.
3.0 SELECTION PROCESS
Eligible candidates will be required to appear in the All India Selection Test at their own expenses and only candidates qualifying in the written test will be called for Personal Interview in the ratio of 1:3 (3 candidates called against 1 vacancy) keeping in view the provision of reservation for SC/ST/OBC/PH. Management reserves the right to shortlist the candidates for written test also.
Test Centers: The written test will be held at Kolkata, Ranchi, Mumbai, Bhubaneshwar, Srinagar, Guwahati, Raipur, Bhopal, Lucknow, Delhi, Jaipur, Nagpur, Hyderabad, Bangluru and Chennai- as mentioned in the online application. Candidates will have to choose one test center preferred from the list and the same cannot be changed after the form is submitted. However, Coal India reserves the right to cancel or add any test center or change the center chosen by the candidate.
Written Test: The written test shall be of three (03) hours duration comprising of 2 papers both of which will be in the form of multiple choice questions (MCQs). Paper I will consist of MCQs on General Awareness & Aptitude and Paper II will consist of MCQs on Technical aptitude in the relevant discipline for which the candidate applies. Each paper shall consist of 100 questions with 100 marks. The questions of the test will be bilingual (English and Hindi).
|Qualifying criteria in the Written Test|
|UR / GEN||OBC(Non creamy layer)||SC / ST / PH|
|Minimum 40 marks in each paper||Minimum 35 marks in each paper||Minimum 30 marks in each paper|
4.0 APPLICATION FEE – Candidates belonging to General/OBC (NCL) is required to pay a non-refundable fees of Rs 500/-. SC/ST/PH/ employees of Coal India Ltd and subsidiaries are exempted from the payment of application fees.
State Bank of India has been authorized to collect the application fee, in a specially openedPower Jyoti Account No. 32306580317 on behalf of Coal India. Candidates have to approach the nearby SBI branch with a printout of the challan which is available on the application registration portal of Coal India. Candidates should use only the printed challan and fill up his/her details for depositing the fee for proper crediting of amount in the allocated account. On receipt of the money the bank will issue a unique Journal Number and a Branch Code of the bank collecting the money. This Journal number and the branch code are to be filled up by the candidate in the online application. CIL will not be responsible, in case a candidate deposits the fee in wrong account. There will not be any other mode of payment of application fee.
Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates are therefore requested to verify their eligibility before paying the application fees.
5.0 RESERVATIONS AND RELAXATIONS
- Reservations and relaxations for SC / ST / OBC (non-creamy layer) / PWD (degree of disability 40% or above) candidates will be provided as per guidelines of Govt. of India for the purpose.
- Relaxations for employees of Coal India or its Subsidiary companies applying against advertisement will be as per the rules of the company i.e. no age limit and no application fee.
- Age relaxation is applicable for ex-servicemen category candidates for a period of 3 years as per Govt. of India guidelines.
- Age relaxation of 5 years applicable for candidates who have been domicile of J&K during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 as per Govt. of India guidelines.
6.0. OTHER DETAILS:
6.1 Compensation / Pay – Selected candidates will be placed as Management Trainee in E2 grade in the scale of pay of Rs. 20,600 – 46,500 at the initial Basic of Rs.20,600/- during the first year (Training period). On successful Completion of Training and passing the test conducted for the purpose, regularization will be in E3 grade in the scale of pay of Rs. 24,900 – 50,500 at the initial Basic of Rs.24,900/- with probation for 1 year. Besides basic pay, candidates will also be entitled to other pay and perks including Dearness Allowance, HRA, perquisites and allowances under cafeteria approach and other allowances as applicable for the post. Benefits such as leave, medical treatment, CMPF, pension, gratuity etc. will be admissible as per company rules in force during training and after absorption.
6.2 Posting: Candidates may be posted anywhere in Coal India Limited / Subsidiary companies especially in coalfield areas.
6.3 Service Agreement Bond: Finally selected candidate is required to serve the company for a minimum period of 60 months. An amount of Rs.5000/- per month will be deducted from the salary for a period of 60 months. Failure on the part of candidate to serve the Company for a minimum period of 60(sixty) months would result in forfeiture of the said deposit. The amount so deducted will be refunded in full with simple interest on completion of 60 months of service. The candidate will be required to execute a bond of Rs 3 Lakhs (Rupees three lakhs) for the same.
6.4 Medical Examination: Before joining service, the selected candidates will have to undergo initial medical examination by the company Medical Officer as per the Medical Attendance Rules of the company and the decision of the board will be final and binding. You are advised to refer to the details available on our website to understand the prescribed medical norms.
7.0 HOW TO APPLY
- Eligible candidates have to apply only through the online registration system of Coal India. To apply, visit the careers with CIL section of our website www.coalindia.in and you should have a valid e-mail id while applying, which should be valid for one year.
- The site will remain functional from 10:00 am of 21st May 2012 to 11:59 PM of 11th June 2012. However, the candidates should complete the on line application at the earliest in order to avoid site congestion.
- Candidates will have to apply for only for one discipline for which he/she is eligible.
- Candidates willing to apply must first download and print the SBI Challan form from CIL’s web portal for submitting the application fee.
- Candidates will have to register for the online application before starting to fill the application form. On clicking the “Apply Online” link the registration page will open. Detailed instructions for filling the form will be given under the “Instructions” link above the Registration page.
- Before applying, candidates should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria and norms mentioned in this advertisement.
- Before starting to fill the online application form candidates should keep the application fee payment through SBI challan details ready.
- After applying online, candidate is required to print the application form with unique registration number generated by the system. Candidates are required to send the hard copy of the application form along with required enclosures(self attested recent passport size photograph securely pasted in the space provided on the application form, Company’s copy of the SBI challan (in original), qualifying degree provisional or degree certificate, caste/disability certificate wherever applicable by ordinary post only to: Post Bag No. 43 G.P.O, Kolkata-700001 on or before 18th June 2011. Please superscribe the envelop on top as ” MT-(Discipline name)”. It is important to note that, your candidature will be considered only if we receive the hard copy of the application forms along with the required certificates/enclosures on or before the last date. All candidates are advised to note that, CIL or subsidiary company offices will not accept any hard copy applications and it must be mailed to post bag address only.
- Candidates are advised to keep several copies of the passport size photograph pasted by them on the application form, handy since the same photograph is to be used for subsequent documents, if shortlisted for interview.
- The company will not be responsible for any postal delay/loss in transit in submission of documents within specified time.
- If a candidate cannot fill the online application form in single attempt, he / she can log in again and complete filling from the last saved status. However, candidates must complete filling the form and submit the same before 11:59 PM of 11th June 2012 i.e. the last date for online application and hard copies to reach before the last date specified above.
7.1 Admit Card: Candidates who are allowed to appear for the All India written examination are required to login to Coal India website to down load/print their admit card for appearing at the written test. Candidate should carry the admit card to the test center for appearing at the written test. No candidate shall be allowed for written test without a valid admit card.
7.2. Personal interviews:
List of candidates who qualified/ shortlisted for interview will be given in the website and they will be intimated about the time and venue. The interview call letters also required to be down loaded/printed from the company website on the announcement of interview schedule. Similarly, the final list of selected candidates will also be given in the website and they will also be intimated about the joining date and other formalities through website and emailing to candidates email ids.
8.0 GENERAL INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply
- All qualifications should be recognized by AICTE / appropriate Indian statutory authority.
- No TA will be paid to any candidate for appearing in the written examination.
- If any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or incorrect or not in conformity with the eligibility criteria, then his / her candidature is liable to be rejected at any stage of the recruitment process or after recruitment or joining.
- No modifications are allowed after submission of the online application form. If any discrepancies are found between the online data filled by the candidate, hard copy of the application form and data furnished at the time of interview, his candidature will be rejected.
- Candidates employed with Government departments / PSUs / Autonomous bodies have to produce NOC at the time of interview. If the candidate’s fails provide the NOC, they will not be allowed to appear for the interview.
- For queries, candidates may visit the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section of the website.
- Coal India reserves the right to change the number of vacancies and cancel / restrict / modify / alter the recruitment process, if required, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason thereof.
- Any modifications / amendments in the advertisement will be given in Coal India website only www.coalindia.in
- All correspondence with the candidates shall be done through e-mail/announcement on the company website. Important information regarding recruitment will be available in CIL website and as such, candidates are advised to visit the same frequently. It is the responsibility of the candidate to download/print the admits card/interview letters. Company will not be responsible for any loss of email sent, due to invalid/ wrong email ID provided by the candidate or due to other reasons.
- In case of any problems faced by the candidates in filling up the online application they may contact the phone number: 033-22624214 & 033-22420124 between 10 am and 6pm on the working days (Monday-Saturday), or write to us at email id:email@example.com
- The company reserves the right to shortlist candidates for written test, reschedule the test date, venue etc. or alter any of the advertised conditions depending upon the circumstances and the candidates are bound by the same.
- In case of any ambiguity/dispute arises on account of interpretation in versions other than English, English version will prevail.
- Legal jurisdiction will be Kolkata in case of any cause/dispute arising out of this recruitment
9.0 IMPORTANT DATES
|Date of commencement of online application||21 May 2012 10 AM|
|Closing date of online application submission||11 June 2012 upto 11.59 PM|
|Last date for receiving the printed online application with enclosures by ordinary post||18 June 2012|
|Date of written test||Sunday, 22 July 2012|