Practice Test Exam Questions and Answers 2016.
1. Which of the following is the MOST important quality of a technician as it relates to customer service?
A. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with the user
B. Ability to quickly fix any technical problem and correctly document the solution
C. Ability to solve any technical problem
D. Ability to maintain complete and concise logs
2. A technician has installed a new video card and the computer will now only boot into VGA mode.
Which of the following may be the cause of the problem?
A. There is an operating system incompatibility.
B. The incorrect drivers are installed.
C. The external monitor is not compatible.
D. The new card is not DVI compatible.
3. After installing a new cable modem and new router, which of the following should be the order used
to start up the devices?
A. Turn on the cable modem, then the router, and then the computer.
B. Turn on the cable modem, then the computer, and then the router.
C. Turn on the router, then the computer, and then the cable modem.
D. Turn on the computer, then the cable modem, and then the router.
4. IEEE 1284 is a standard for:
A. infrared communication.
B. wireless networks.
C. wired networks.
D. parallel communication.
5. Which of the following is the fastest method to transfer data wirelessly?
B. Standard infrared
C. General Packet Radio System (GPRS)
6. Windows XP is being installed from a CD onto a computer that has no operating system. Which of
the following installation methods would MOST likely be used?
7. NTFS should be used for Windows XP rather than FAT32 because NTFS: (Select TWO).
A. allows for faster hard drive access.
B. ensured that all users networked to a computer can read files.
C. gives a user more useable hard drive space.
D. allows Windows XP to use all available security features.
E. ensures full compatibility with new software.
Answer: C, D
8. Which of the following assigns IP addresses to computers on a network? (Select TWO).
A. Exchange Server
B. Residential Router
C. DHCP Server
D. PC assigns its own
Answer: B, C
9. The amount of power output from a power supply is rated in:
C. ampere hours.
10. In Windows XP, which of the following steps would be taken to set the permissions for a user to
print within a specific time frame?
A. Printers and Faxes > right click the printer > Properties > Printer Settings > select the time
B. Printers and Faxes > right click the printer > Properties > Security tab > Time
C. Printers and Faxes > right click the printer > Properties > Advanced tab > select the time
D. Printers and Faxes > right click the printer > Properties > General tab > Time
11. Which of the following types of fire extinguishers would be MOST appropriate to use on a fire in a
A. Class A
B. Class B
C. Class C
D. Class D
12. Which of the following is the BEST way to remove a USB device on a laptop computer?
A. Remove hardware in Control Panel.
B. Stop the device, and then remove from laptop.
C. Turn off the laptop, and then turn off the device.
D. Remove the driver from Device Manager.
13. A co-worker in the shop is being electrocuted while working on an improperly grounded CPU case.
Which of the following is the BEST action to take?
A. Start CPR immediately.
B. Kick the computer case away from the worker.
C. Immediately turn off the power at the circuit breaker.
D. Use a wooden broom to separate the co-worker from the CPU case.
14. If a technician is cleaning a mouse with rubbing alcohol from a spray bottle, which of the following
should be worn?
A. Non-conductive shoes
B. An anti-static wrist strap
C. Safety clothing
D. Safety glasses
15. Which of the following memory modules has 72 pins? (Select TWO).
Answer: A, D