Delhi University (DU) Master of Computer Applications (MCA) Entrance Exam 2014 Admission Procedure, Eligblity | DU MCA Entrance Entrance Syllabus | DU MCA Entrance Seats 2014 Date Of exam
Three-year Master of Computer Applications (MCA) programme at the department was started in 1982 and was among the first such programmes in India. Since then, it has been immensely popular and one of the most sought after MCA courses in India. The department is proud of its more than 700 alumni at important positions in information technology industry and academia in India and abroad.
- Application forms and receipt of completed application forms with draft – 1st June 2014
- Time for Entrance Test – 1st week of July
- Interview Schedule (Tentative)
DU MCA Entrance 2014
DU MCA Entrance Eligibility conditions
- (a) Master of Computer Applications (MCA) Examination Passed Any bachelor degree from the University of Delhi with at least one paper in Mathematical Sciences (Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Operational Research) under annual mode/at least two papers in Mathematical Sciences (Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Operational Research) in semester mode or an equivalent degree.
DU MCA Entrance 2014 Minimum Percentage Required:
- 60% marks in aggregate.
- The candidates who are appearing in the final year examinations of the degree on the basis of which admission is sought are also eligible to apply.
DU MCA Entrance 2014 Admission Procedure Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- Admission to MCA course is based on Entrance Test and Interview. For preparing the final merit list, 80% weightage will be given to the score in the Entrance test and 20% weightage will be given to the score of the Interview. Entrance Test shall consist of objective type questions from the following three components:
- 1. Mathematical Ability
- 2. Computer Science
- 3. Logical Reasoning and English Comprehension.
DU MCA Entrance 2014 Syllabus:
- Mathematics: Mathematics at the level of B.Sc. program of the University of Delhi.
- Computer Science: Introduction to Computer organization including data representation, Boolean circuits and their simplification, basics of combinational circuits; C-programming: Data types, constants and variables, operators and expressions, control structures. Modularity: use of functions, scope, arrays.
- Logical ability & English Comprehension: Problem-solving using basic concepts of arithmetic, algebra, geometry and data analysis. Reading comprehension and correct usage of English language
DU MCA Entrance 2014 Program Fee for MCA
- A program fee (course fee) of Rs.7,000/- per semester shall be charged over and above the normal University fee.
- Number of Seats for MCA- The number of sanctioned seats in each of the programs MCA/M.Sc. (Computer Science) is 46.
- Fee Concession for MCA/M.Sc. (Computer Science) As per University rules.